Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Canals of llyria

8210487016_030a645659_c.jpg

Llyria, the capital city of Varlyrio. Hrogg, Nyfar and Boufar have successively navigated the Kaliphlinian pirate ship they hijacked to Vaylrio. they are now enjoying what llyria has to offer until they are found by their contact, at witch point the mission will commence...

8209391721_3794408a41_z.jpg

Hrogg apears to have got himself into an awkward situation by a gondola dock, which are found every few hundred meters in the canals.

8210480728_08a7994416_z.jpg

A wealthy merchant is about to embark elsewhere in the city, traveling via gonola, whilst a city guard is on patrol duty in the background.

8210480208_9d3920ce6f_z.jpg

two friends are enjoying a drink on veranda of a well known tavern. behind them the contact is approaching...

Build Pics:

8210478464_5046b08485_z.jpg

ADDITIONAL PICS: NOT FOR THE COMP

8210479184_c41b4500a7_z.jpg

8210479712_291fbc44ac_z.jpg

8209389503_7f53b58021_z.jpg

8210478220_1a267558c6_z.jpg

~------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~

Hey all! here is my latest freebuild, also my entry to the Varlyrio challenge.

it was a one day build, probably my favorite so far though, IMO the angles and curve make this quite cool.

enjoy!

C&C welcome :classic:

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo

Now how in the world did you get the Canal Wall to curve like that. I'm stunned! Only five hours!?!

Now how in the world did you get the Canal Wall to curve like that. I'm stunned! Only five hours!?!

my dear mini, you have still much to learn... but then again so do I!

it is rather simple, 1x2 wall (at least 4 bricks high or it will snap) will bend i fit is long enough, simple technique but then it is awkward for bases and stuff like that.

5 hours ( + or - 1.5) is pretty standard for my MOCs, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, I only bothered to point it out because I did this one with only 1 5 minute cake break.

anyway glad you like it! :classic:

Edited by Legonardo

Nice MOC, I count nine pictures though... :look::wink:

Very creative idea, making the wall turn, shame that leaves so many cracks in the street, but it can't be helped! :laugh: Nice and sleek gondola you got there too, I love the table, will have to try making one like that somethine... should I ever get the pieces in the same color! :laugh: Always wished you did an interior but nice building (especially the shutters anyways! :thumbup:

my dear mini, you have still much to learn... but then again so do I!

it is rather simple, 1x2 wall (at least 4 bricks high or it will snap) will bend i fit is long enough, simple technique but then it is awkward for bases and stuff like that.

5 hours ( + or - 1.5) is pretty standard for my MOCs, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, I only bothered to point it out because I did this one with only 1 5 minute cake break.

anyway glad you like it! :classic:

Anything for cake!

Interesting. I've seen 1x2's bent like that, but Hyler Talliwell's gorgeous Queen of Hearts castle deceived me into thinking that I'd need hundreds of them. Good to know that I don't. Thanks!

Don't forget to change my name when you quote me. I might get confused (kidding :tongue:)

Very nice model :thumbup: :thumbup:

This MOC recal to me Venezia with the gondolas :wink:

There are some great techniques in this build! I love the curved wall - this is brilliant! I do like the cobblestones patterns on the sloped road, but I don't know if I like the studs vs no studs above and below. I really like the sand green door, and the roof to your building, as well as the timbers sticking out of the building. Good activity in your build, as usual. Very good build overall!

And I DEFINITELY need to start taking more cake breaks myself.

Thanks all! glad you like it!

Nice MOC, I count nine pictures though... :look::wink:

is there a pic limit?

And I DEFINITELY need to start taking more cake breaks myself.

thats what keeps me going...

is there a pic limit?

I believe there is a five picture limit, but you can double check. :grin:

ok your right... what pics to delete?...

Yeah, I'm always (or almost always) having trouble with picture limitations too... keep the one of the gondola, at anyrate! :thumbup:

This is brilliant LD! That house is looking very nice despite the blockiness! The sand green door is a nice touch for sure! Love how you managed to use so many curves in the moc, preventing it from being so "legoish" (hope you understand what I mean :blush: )

I don't know why, but I really like the tiled look to the man-made portions of this, and the plated 'rough' look to the dirt pathway

I believe there is a five picture limit, but you can double check. :grin:

Prove it. I need a link.

Prove it. I need a link.

here?

Maximum 5 pictures no larger than site guidelines, 800x600

Edited by Legonardo

Legonardo, this is definetely the best moc you've put together so far. I really like it! The bend, the roof, the house itself, totally awesome!!

Beautiful build! I think the angles are really what does it it for this build. And I like the natural look of the dirt and stone pathway down the center! :thumbup:

Lovely gondola, sweet dirt path, great idea with the terrace/leaves, and I'm liking the curved canal wall too! I do wish there was some way to hide those cracks in the 'sidewalk' though.