Classic set reimagined: Black Monarch´s Ghost

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mencot

Mencot

• No! This is Maersk

Member: 23524

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

A remake/reimagine of a classic Lego set.

Black Monarch´s ghost

Also this is my entry into that category for CCCX.

Posted Image

This was a very small Lego set and it was the first I got from the Black knights line when I was a kid.
There have been alot of talk and speculations on diffrent Lego forums, whatever this ghost in this set is the Black Monarch or is it his ghost.
I have gone with that the ghost is the Black Monarch that has come back to revenge his death, the knight in the set is/was his (not so) loyal right hand and the knight is now his successor. The small building in the set, reimagined it as the crypt where he is buried.

Posted Image

Thanks for watching.

Leave som C & C
or the Black Monarch will haunt you too
Posted Image :pir-wink: just kidding

Edited by Mencot, 22 November 2012 - 08:25 PM.

MyBricklink store   Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia. Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset.

Posted Image

Now playing as:

Malcolm Cooper the radio techman in Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia.

Keliim the Cruel in Heroica RPG

Stats

#2 Martin_B

Martin_B

Member: 32646

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Nice! That set was one of my old faves too. I love seeing these new, expanded takes on the classics. Well done!

#3 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Very clever! I like the tree and the pathway to the building. You can easily see the original set in this redesign. I love seeing updated versions of the classics! Keep up the good work.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Quite recognizable rebuild :thumbup: I like the trees and the crypt looks very nice :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 Mencot

Mencot

• No! This is Maersk

Member: 23524

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostMartin_B, on 22 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Nice! That set was one of my old faves too. I love seeing these new, expanded takes on the classics. Well done!

View PostTheLegoDr, on 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Very clever! I like the tree and the pathway to the building. You can easily see the original set in this redesign. I love seeing updated versions of the classics! Keep up the good work.

View Postsoccerkid6, on 23 November 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Quite recognizable rebuild :thumbup: I like the trees and the crypt looks very nice :classic:
Thanks guys, it is good that it feel that it is recognizable because I feared that I had strayed too far :)
MyBricklink store   Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia. Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset.

Posted Image

Now playing as:

Malcolm Cooper the radio techman in Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia.

Keliim the Cruel in Heroica RPG

Stats

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users