brick around the clock

Life in concert...

indexed.gif B-OV-38D

Hi, once every year I reward myself with a LEGO weekend. This year I had 3 projects and I want to show you the result of one specific; "life in concert". For some time I have these bridge elements and I have been thinking for some time now what to build with it. During this years LEGO weekend I planned to make a nice building with it. First I made some rough ideas, like building a bank, or a cinema, or a cinema combined with a concert-hall. When I came up with the concert-hall, I decided to start with building a bandstand with a stage. Allthough I used some ideas for some instruments from other MOC builders, the framework for the bandstand is my own idea, as well as the lights and speakers (also monitor speakers). As I don not have a lot of town models, I do not have a lot of town minifigs. Most of the minifigs I used come from train sets, as my main minifig suply originates there :classic: . Enough talking, lets show some pics...

8196744853_59f4916097_m.jpg

I start building at 22:00 and I finished 6:00 the next day (a bit sleepy :hmpf_bad: ), so it took me about 8 hours to build it.

8197852982_50dab0a828_m.jpg

It was fun building it, aspecialy some details of instruments like piano, drums and backing vocals. Of coarse there are also some groupies in the audience

8196751725_accc5cde48_m.jpg

If you are interesed in some more pics, you can find it here.

I hope all link workout fine, this was my first posting in Eurobricks...

Bricking regards, Maarten