Jump to content


UCS TIE Vviper [completed]

UCS Vic Viper NovVember TIE Vviper

32 replies to this topic

#26 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1513
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostFuppylodders, on 21 November 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I can see what Cavegod means about the top centre fin. I think I would prefer it to not have the single middle fin on top of the cockpit at all and let the rest of the really nicely detailed creation do the talking. It kind of detracts from everything else. Well, personal preference :P

But great job on it, the wing design does look really nicely pulled off! Definite attention to detail :thumbup:
The center fin is a required feature of the design for a Vic Viper. I'd probably revisit this later on to do the proper TIE Viper design. :sweet:

AC
Posted Image

#27 Only Sinner

Only Sinner

    Posts: 1218
    Joined: 26-October 11
    Member: 21171
    Country: United States

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Everything you make is amazing. This Viper is no exception.  You aways seem to inspire me with something new. :sweet: Of course, by the time I get around to working on a project, someone like you comes along and gets me excited about something else! *huh* :snicker:
Posted Image

#28 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Just lovely. It's nice to see you venturing out from the usual jaw dropping massive diorama, not that I don't love those.

It's clean and sleek just as I'd suspect. It turns out you can build everything.

#29 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 772
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Ahhh, yeah, I understand the whole vviper thing now...

#30 Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama

    Posts: 626
    Joined: 02-October 11
    Member: 20752
    Country: USA

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Well, this MOC was well worth the wait, as usual with your work, ACpin.  The best part is that it looks like it could have been an actual TIE design, based on a re-vamped version of the TIE Phantom.

Genderfluid and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta


#31 Esurient

Esurient

  • aka Romeo


    Posts: 1046
    Joined: 06-May 11
    Member: 17675

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Great MOC, I can foresee TLG making it someday in the future so you can claim credit for it! :wink:
Keep up the good work!
Now appearing as Elin Surefoot 397 years old Dwarven Cleric in Sandy's Cruel Angel's Thesis

#32 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1513
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostOnly Sinner, on 22 November 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Everything you make is amazing. This Viper is no exception.  You aways seem to inspire me with something new. :sweet: Of course, by the time I get around to working on a project, someone like you comes along and gets me excited about something else! *huh* :snicker:
Make sure that you work on something that you really like and then steal/borrow the design elements that you've seen in the MOCs that got you excited!

View PostBig Cam, on 22 November 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Just lovely. It's nice to see you venturing out from the usual jaw dropping massive diorama, not that I don't love those.

It's clean and sleek just as I'd suspect. It turns out you can build everything.
Always good to work on different themes/genres as it can get boring doing the same sometimes.

Someday I'll build a Mecha that I can be proud to show off!

View PostHikaro Takayama, on 24 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Well, this MOC was well worth the wait, as usual with your work, ACpin.  The best part is that it looks like it could have been an actual TIE design, based on a re-vamped version of the TIE Phantom.
It was partly based on an actual TIE design but made a hybrid to conform to the Vic Viper standards.

View PostEsurient, on 25 November 2012 - 02:23 AM, said:

Great MOC, I can foresee TLG making it someday in the future so you can claim credit for it! :wink:
Keep up the good work!
Yeah, like that's gonna happen anytime soon! :tongue:

View PostFuppylodders, on 22 November 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Ahhh, yeah, I understand the whole vviper thing now...
Be sure to view the other entries!


AC
Posted Image

#33 Jason C. Hand

Jason C. Hand

    Posts: 190
    Joined: 31-January 12
    Member: 25365

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

The mid fin at the top might be a big detractor, but other than that this ship is great, man! On even terms with the X-Wing now, I say!!



Reply to this topic



  



Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UCS, Vic Viper, NovVember, TIE Vviper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users