Ideas and uses for BBB Clear Wheels

5 replies to this topic

#1 Daedalus304

Daedalus304

Member: 13646

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

So I recently ordered a set of 8 small wheels from BBB (Wonderful wheels, nice guy!) and when I got them I discovered he threw in a couple clear small wheels for free. I was delighted and very intrigued to see them, to be sure, but now I've found myself wondering what to use them for. My best ideas so far include perhaps use as windows couple with a couple 1x4 arch bricks, and in fashion more distinctly related to trains I thought perhaps they could be used as just and extra, discreet pair of wheels on a model that needs them functionally, but not so much aesthetically.

It seems reasonable to think they're being offered and sold due to at least some level of demand, and I really would love to put them to good use; So here I pose my question out to the creative and knowledgeable people who pass by the Train Tech Forum: What do you use the Clear wheels for? What interesting uses have you perhaps seen other people find for them?
Latest MOCs:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 SavaTheAggie

SavaTheAggie

• Thick-skinned

Member: 1274

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Not train related, but I always thought they'd work well to simulate the spinning props of an airplane.

--Tony
You only live once, and if you do it right that's all you need.

SRW Locomotive Works
Posted Image

#3 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

I have seen these on his site when ordering myself. I just assumed that they were offered like this so that people would have a set that was easy to paint into any colour they wanted without having to put loads of paint on them to overcome the underlying colour?

#4 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm curious to see them, they are also included in my order! :moar:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#5 Cirkit

Cirkit

Member: 23450

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

First thing I thought of when I saw this- "Ghost Train".

Not like the 'Monster Hunters' line with the skull face and the ghosts driving the train, or like in 'Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends' with Percy covered in lime, but a white and grey ish locomotive with clear 'ghostly' wheels and glow in the dark features.

I imagine the part could be used for loads of other things, but I really wanna see a ghost train. :tongue:

#6 Electricsteam

Electricsteam

Member: 33090

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I have some very nice Ideas for the clear wheels :sweet:
I was thinking to use the small wheels for a sci-fi train and some clear medium drivers for a Sci-Fi steam :sweet:
I also would love it if they came in clear blue :wub:
I'm not dead! I for the matter of fact appear to be very much alive!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users