MOC: Victorian terrace street 1950's

Town Street Terrace UK Victorian

17 replies to this topic

#1 snaillad

snaillad

Member: 6447

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image B-RM-10C

Hi everyone, I've been working on this for some time but due to other projects etc I have only been able to complete it recently. I wanted to have it open-backed for better pics inside.

Anyway, its a Victorian terrace street scene based in the UK. Its set in the 1950's period. I wanted to have it done for the same time as the Queens diamond jubilee as its based in that time but other things got in the way. There are two different terraces which is not what you would usually find as opposite terraces mostly match. I.e both sides shops or both sides houses. I figured it would be a little dull having both the same so decided to add some shops to one side and vary them slightly to make the scene more interesting. There is a barbers and a florist with flats above on one side and the other side has full houses. I live in an upstairs flat in a Victorian terrace and have wanted to do something similar in minifg scale for quite some time. The houses are reasonably reflected in style as the layout is pretty similar. The upstairs bedrooms really can be tiny!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics can be found here http://www.flickr.co...s/52656812@N04/

Comments welcome and appreciated.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  

MOC's shown above can be found on My Flickr Page  or  My MOCPages

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

The word for this is BEAUTIFUL ! :wub:
Are you planning to expand this with a pub and corner grocer ? :wink:
I like the Rank/Ecko television, the room colours and that cool retro yellow Commer/Austin van.......Brick On 'snaillad' ! :classic:

#3 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Nice work snaillad, I really like the look of the exteriors, simple but, very elegant. Great job  :classic:
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#4 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Love this! The exteriors look great and simple. Very realistic. The interiors are amazing. I love the thicker walls to accommodate the different color schemes inside, very realistic. Not that LEGO is realistic, but you did a great job with this. Sometimes I find it funny on Modulars that the whole building is one color, but it's the joy of LEGO. I also really like the lamp posts.

Keep up the great work. I'd love to see more. I may have to borrow some of this also.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#5 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Another set of great buildings from you - although the exteriors are lovely, as always, this time it's the interiors that really stand out. There are some great details here, like the TV set and glass table. The blue chair on the ground floor is also very nice. And of course - the yellow van is great. Always nice to see new stuff from you :)

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#6 harton

harton

Member: 30049

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Nice looking, verty nice interior too, I really like the old TV. The street looks good, no much car at this time.

Architecture is everywhere, architecture is in Lego, in fact Lego is architecture.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
My Flickr page      Join or See Evolocity Group

#7 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

A lovely project there Snaillad. The interiors are great. I love the Barbershop and if you don;t mind, i like to borrow the idea for a future house of mine. The extreior looks simple, but i am sure they are not. The SNOT street is supperb, as is the van. My compliments on the on. :wub: :thumbup:
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#8 El H

El H

Member: 22259

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Love the snot and the barber's shop. A quick question, do you have anything running up the middle of the centre of the 1x1 round brick street lamp posts? Because other wise I imagine they fall over if you look at them hard enough.

#9 snaillad

snaillad

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

View Postlightningtiger, on 13 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

The word for this is BEAUTIFUL ! :wub:
Are you planning to expand this with a pub and corner grocer ? :wink:
I like the Rank/Ecko television, the room colours and that cool retro yellow Commer/Austin van.......Brick On 'snaillad' ! :classic:

Thanks! I sadly don't have any plans to expand it yet, I used most of the reddish brown bricks I have on this project so it might have to wait a little while :laugh:

View PostLEGO Guy Bri, on 14 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Nice work snaillad, I really like the look of the exteriors, simple but, very elegant. Great job  :classic:

View PostTheLegoDr, on 14 November 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Love this! The exteriors look great and simple. Very realistic. The interiors are amazing. I love the thicker walls to accommodate the different color schemes inside, very realistic. Not that LEGO is realistic, but you did a great job with this. Sometimes I find it funny on Modulars that the whole building is one color, but it's the joy of LEGO. I also really like the lamp posts.

Keep up the great work. I'd love to see more. I may have to borrow some of this also.

Thanks! The exterior is definitely simple with not much by the way of aesthetics, they were build in mass for the working classes, particularly miners. Well built, functional houses were the norm.

View PostL@go, on 14 November 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

Another set of great buildings from you - although the exteriors are lovely, as always, this time it's the interiors that really stand out. There are some great details here, like the TV set and glass table. The blue chair on the ground floor is also very nice. And of course - the yellow van is great. Always nice to see new stuff from you :)

View Postharton, on 14 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

Nice looking, verty nice interior too, I really like the old TV. The street looks good, no much car at this time.

View PostThe Dutch Guy, on 14 November 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

A lovely project there Snaillad. The interiors are great. I love the Barbershop and if you don;t mind, i like to borrow the idea for a future house of mine. The extreior looks simple, but i am sure they are not. The SNOT street is supperb, as is the van. My compliments on the on. :wub: :thumbup:

Thank you! Most of the interiors came about quite quickly. Its much easily to get a perspective with the open backed design. The TV only took 5 minutes! The van is a similar style to some of my other streamlined effect ones.

View PostEl H, on 14 November 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

Love the snot and the barber's shop. A quick question, do you have anything running up the middle of the centre of the 1x1 round brick street lamp posts? Because other wise I imagine they fall over if you look at them hard enough.

I tried using tubing but it had a slight curve and I had to really force on the 1x1 round bricks. At the moment it is hollow and many times it has smashed on the floor into many pieces driving me mad! :laugh:

#10 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

These building are gorgeous. :wub:  There is so much to like about them.

The shop fronts are beautifully done, particularly the one for the florist - it looks very classy.  I also like the white trims on the windows, they seem simple, but give excellent depth to the windows.

The interiors are just as beautiful.  I love the glass-topped coffee table and the how you have done the double white bed.  The lamps hanging from the ceiling are also a great feature.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#11 rriggs

rriggs

Member: 3307

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View Postsnaillad, on 14 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Thanks! I sadly don't have any plans to expand it yet, I used most of the reddish brown bricks I have on this project so it might have to wait a little while :laugh:
If you've run out of reddish borwn, why not do a pub which is red or black or green on the gorund floor and plastered white on the upper floors?

I'd hate not to be able to see more creations from you just because of lack of parts...!

Great job!

Cheers

Rog
"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#12 monsinjor

monsinjor

Member: 30140

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Well, I like everything here. Exterior and interiors are just beautiful. And that yellow van is just perfect.  :thumbup:

#13 tedbeard

tedbeard

Member: 905

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Been watching Call the Midwife on PBS which is set in the same time period I believe. Your street looks like it coule have been used as a set for the filming. Very nice.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Lasse

Lasse

Member: 31840

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Very nice MOC. The interior is great :thumbup:
Lasse Vestergård

#15 seahorsy

seahorsy

Member: 29908

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Really cool moc!!!

#16 Wedge09

Wedge09

Member: 29763

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Very nice MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the forniture of the houses, really real :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#17 Vincent Kessels

Vincent Kessels

• Mr. Tomato Bread

Member: 10753

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

That is a great build! The rooms are beautifully decorated.
The attics are a bit empty though.

#18 snaillad

snaillad

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostKristel, on 14 November 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

These building are gorgeous. :wub:  There is so much to like about them.

The shop fronts are beautifully done, particularly the one for the florist - it looks very classy.  I also like the white trims on the windows, they seem simple, but give excellent depth to the windows.

The interiors are just as beautiful.  I love the glass-topped coffee table and the how you have done the double white bed.  The lamps hanging from the ceiling are also a great feature.

Thanks! I was going to use decorative arches originally but they are a little too short. I am especially happy how the bed turned out!

View Postrriggs, on 14 November 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

If you've run out of reddish borwn, why not do a pub which is red or black or green on the gorund floor and plastered white on the upper floors?

I'd hate not to be able to see more creations from you just because of lack of parts...!

Great job!

Cheers

Rog

Perhaps I should! however I've done a few bars already and one quite recently. I can't remember who, but someone made a great pub for the modular madness contest. It would be hard to top that!

View Postmonsinjor, on 14 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Well, I like everything here. Exterior and interiors are just beautiful. And that yellow van is just perfect.  :thumbup:

View Posttedbeard, on 14 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Been watching Call the Midwife on PBS which is set in the same time period I believe. Your street looks like it coule have been used as a set for the filming. Very nice.

View PostLasse, on 14 November 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Very nice MOC. The interior is great :thumbup:

View Postseahorsy, on 14 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Really cool moc!!!

View PostWedge09, on 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Very nice MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the forniture of the houses, really real :wink:

Thank you very much! :classic:

View PostVincent Kessels, on 14 November 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

That is a great build! The rooms are beautifully decorated.
The attics are a bit empty though.

Usually the attics were used only for storage, mine still is! :laugh: Also it would have been difficult to hide the underside of the roof tiles without losing alot of space!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Town, Street, Terrace, UK, Victorian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users