Some news from Jakob McKee

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleT

DoubleT

• The Joke Hunter

Member: 3

Posted 05 May 2004 - 03:31 PM

You’d think I would have learned my lesson by now about the color change and just taken refuge in a concrete bunker. Nope, not that bright I think!

I come to you with a final update, and some good news, as well as bad.

Bad news first – After much discussion and debate internally, the color change will stand. There was some good thinking that went into the color change (although, yes, the implementation fell flat), and as such we are going to stay the course. I know this isn’t the answer you’re hoping for, and I know very very well that many of you aren’t happy about this news. I also know the reasons why you aren’t happy. Rather than cover them all again, I will skip straight to the good news.

Good news – based on the discussions and debates, many colleagues are clear that the color change dramatically affected the AFOLs. They are also clearly aware of the reasons it has upset you. In order to help address some of your concerns, several things have been agreed upon.

-       The three new colors (light gray, dark gray, brown) will now be classified as “universal”, and these colors will NEVER be touched again. There will, of course, be colors that change over time with trends, but not these universal ones.

-       A certain few parts that are crucial to keep in the old colors will likely be created as service pack type items. An example of this would be the 9v train track. I am interested in getting feedback from you (via this thread) on which elements MUST be produced in the old colors for the long term. (And no, you can’t say “the whole range of parts!”J)

-       We also have received confirmation from colleagues that in the future, we will include both the adult and kid enthusiasts in any testing related to modification or change of the core building system. (Please note that there are not any plans whatsoever in the works for making changes)

I know this isn’t the silver bullet update you were hoping for, but hopefully this bears some good news for you.

Again, I know the color change upset many of you, and I don’t mean to re-open wounds. Thanks for your patience while we worked on getting this put to bed once and for all. As I’ve said before, out of all bad things comes something positive. In this case, the positive is that there are many more people internally who understand your passion and interest.

Jake

---
Jake McKee

Community Liaison

LEGO Community Development Team
DoubleT, Co-Creator of EuroBricks.com & BrickHorizon.com

A Joker I Am

#2 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:10 PM

First of all : thx fr the post DoubleT, and thx to jake for the content  :)
Color change don't bother me but if I want to see an old color pack, I would see castle parts because this was the line where the old gray was almost everywhere, even in a near past. I think this would be the priority pack for me.
I don't think I will need any other gray pack because there is no reason to ask for space or town gray parts. The gray was only used in old space sets, then it was less and less present. Sam for town sets.

So castle all the way, this is my opinion.

And thank you again for the interest you are showing to our advices  :)

#3 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:09 AM

I just realized that all the people of fbtb replyed in the fbtb thread you created doubleT  :huh:  And then ace comes with jalousie to announce there was also a fbtb thread about this  :(

something makes me laugh a lot on fbtb

train track? sure i guess so, but they change roadplate designs without a second thought. i wouldn't think that train track would be as big of a deal.

I'm 100% this guy don't have a big long train track as I do. I cannot imagine changing my all train track, this would cost me at least 500€  (n)  I notice that most of the comments where not constructive at all, but just more complaints about decisions that have already been taken. For exemaple changes in other colors will happen, it's sure, but who cares ? I just wish the new color are cheaper so people can buy more Lego  :)

#4 jonfett

jonfett

• The Wise Belville Fairy

Member: 12

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

Wow! That sure is alot to take in. I'm not sure about some of it though.  :wacko:
The universal colors, they are now going to be left? But what about the other colors, are they going to go changing all these to??

And in reference to the train tracks and baseplates. Will these be produced in the "universal" colors. I wonder what they will do. I am just a bit confused at th moment. I must be to tired to understand it all.

Jon.

#5 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:13 AM

Don't worry, I'm not sure jake anderstood everything he wrotte  ^_^ j/k

#6 jonfett

jonfett

• The Wise Belville Fairy

Member: 12

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:48 PM

Hmm.. well, Im sure we will find out exactly what they will do in the future.

Jon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users