EB Ninja Month: Ninja Bomb! - Voting

Voting Contest Ninja

32 replies to this topic

#26 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Grumpy moo

Member: 4757

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Sorry, I wanted to announce them all at once and got delayed by work and real life.

We are wrapping up budgets and such so lots of number work in the office means peppermint gets home and can only veg...

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#27 Legofin2012

Legofin2012

Member: 32513

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hang on, you have time to play: "Heroica RPG" and "Trouble in Gotham,bloodbath", but not enough time to count some votes? Lucky it's the weekend then is'n it?
Visit my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legofin/   Scout trooper Legofin in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Grumpy moo

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Sorry, I do not see how five minute posts on a coffee break can match up with anything involving plenty of numbers and actual prizes.

This is something that needs to be done right and unfortunately shooting stuff off when I can manage it has resulted in more than one problem and mistake. Something inane and unimportant like three lines of throwaway humour and random picks is nowhere near the same as tallying the votes (Including people who seem unable to follow the basic rules of Entry Number and points awarded) especially when one missed vote or one misplaced vote can make even more problems.

So no worries, this experience has put me off running contests for a long long time.

Tesni Hightribe

#29 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostPeppermint_M, on 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

...So no worries, this experience has put me off running contests for a long long time.
Pep, this was the best month I've been around for! Don't let a little down time and a few non-rule-reading people (my apologies, I usually am more careful! :blush: ) discourage you! I loved the catagories and had a lot of fun building! (Now, if you would just not count that one vote - after all it wasn't in the right format - and leave me tied for first... :grin: ). - (Incedently, you know Word will do your sorting work - or at least most of it - for you, right? Of course, when people don't include the number... :hmpf_bad: ).

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#30 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

With all those single grouping voters and the ultimate battle competition, I'm losing my momentum against Aanchir. How about those who just awarded three points in a combined pool, take credit for both catgories.
Example:
Someone gives three votes in total for me (they don't say which category)
So Peppermint M decides that it will be three points for me per each category.

I think the votes would finally balance out :devil:
Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#31 Legofin2012

Legofin2012

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostPeppermint_M, on 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Sorry, I do not see how five minute posts on a coffee break can match up with anything involving plenty of numbers and actual prizes.

This is something that needs to be done right and unfortunately shooting stuff off when I can manage it has resulted in more than one problem and mistake. Something inane and unimportant like three lines of throwaway humour and random picks is nowhere near the same as tallying the votes (Including people who seem unable to follow the basic rules of Entry Number and points awarded) especially when one missed vote or one misplaced vote can make even more problems.

So no worries, this experience has put me off running contests for a long long time.
Sorry, didn't mean to put you off, or anything. I guess I'm just a bit impatient this only being my second contest, yeah, ok, I understand you have work and that, I didn't see it was only 5 minutes. Sorry again, now feeling a bit ashamed, please don't let me put you off really, ninja month was great, sorry.

Edited by Legofin2012, 24 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.

Visit my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legofin/   Scout trooper Legofin in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Grumpy moo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sorry, Friday was a tough day in work, too much going on and that. All the financial wrap-up and about four hours stood in the cold doing a topo surcey make me cranky.

I hope to finish the Avatar voting tally today and then announce it all sunday to start posting on monday.

Tesni Hightribe

#33 Legofin2012

Legofin2012

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

understood

Posted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Voting, Contest, Ninja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users