Sign in to follow this  
Slobey

Medieval Market Village EOL?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the EOL for the MMV? It can't be hanging around for too much longer, especially with the Kingdoms Joust being out for a while now. I'm trying to decide whether to pick up another copy before it comes to an end.

If you can afford it, I don't think I'd try and wait until after the holidays. It's been out long enough that the aftermarket prices post-EOL shouldn't be too high initially, but there's no sense in over-paying if you don't have to. It is one of the best castle sets ever IMO.

I'm wondering if we might see it go on sale on Black Friday. That's what I am hoping for anyway. I've got a couple of them already but if it goes on sale I will get a couple more to combine into larger buildings.

You should go for it, while it's possible to get it. I got another copy of it in the summer with a small discount, and the set really grows on you. It's got great parts, for both medieval and town.

I bought mine at lunch today from the local LEGO. The manager had to get it out of the back as they were no longer on display. She said that they are allowed to sell them until they are gone. She was glad they did not have to ship them back.

This is definitely a candidate for a Black Friday Lego Online deal (free ship 50$ or more, free set at 100$, 10% at 150$, all stackable). This year there is a free 109-piece set with 4 minifigs on Black Friday from Lego.com. I already took advantage of the VIP early black friday deal on saturday to get 2 of these holiday sets.