Problem posting a link

linking tech support links

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sid Sidious

Sid Sidious

Member: 20847

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

After Eurobricks went to the new server, I haven't been able to post links as words.  In the old version, clicking on insert link would give me a space to put in the URL and another space to put in the word to make regular words link to other pages (like in Wikipedia).  Now, I can only put in the URL and it comes up as something like: http://asdfghjkl.org/.  How can I make it so that clicking on the word links to another page?

Edited by Sid Sidious, 10 November 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#2 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

You have to turn off the rich text editor.  Once you do that, the same BBCode as before will work to add links.  For example...

I usually keep Rich Text on, and then if I have to add a link I'll turn it off, type in the code and a word or two afterward, and then go back to Rich Text mode.  As an added bonus, toggling Rich Text on and off acts as a quick version of the Preview function, meaning I can see right away if I've messed up the codes. :wink:

May be slightly depressed due to learning that Shortpacked! is ending in a year. :,-(
Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 31 Skirmisher, 22-year-old male Human??? in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#3 Fugazi

Fugazi

• Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?

Member: 8966

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

It's still possible to achieve this in the rich text editor. Simply type the normal text you want to become a link first, then select it and click the insert link button. Type in the URL as usual. The selected text will become a link, and the URL address will not show.
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#4 Sid Sidious

Sid Sidious

Member: 20847

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Ahh, thanks for the solutions!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users