boxcar3

New '07 Spongebob and Harry Potter sets

OH NO!!!! :-P .

Interesting...interesting. They sound like good sets. Never seen a set go for the price of 57 dollars though.

Very interesting. Let's hope they are as good as the Krusty Krab. Maybe we'll get some pics soon.

Steve

OH NO!!!! :-P .

Interesting...interesting. They sound like good sets. Never seen a set go for the price of 57 dollars though.

Toy Wiz always have strange prices, which are usually marked up.

The third version of the Hogwarts Castle will be interesting, I guess.

now i wonder what other sets lego is going to make for harry potter in 2007

That's if LEGO are going to make any more at all. Remember, they only made 4 for GoF.

YES! Harry Potter is going back to the building sets with trap doors and other gizmos! Spongebob sounds interesting too, though the Chum Bucket isn't exactly the... Uh... Most aesthetically pleasing building out there... It's a bucket with a giant fish fin holding the handle. But it'll be interesting to see how it turns out!

Only gripe with this is that there still isn't any news of any Avatar sets. Yeah, yeah, I know it's too early to make the call, but still! But looking at what they've offered thus far and the confirmation of all these new lines, that NYC Toyfair is going to be AWESOME. We are going to be innundated with new sets! BOOYA! *sing*

I thought it was a big hand holding the bucket handle. Interesting sets here...

Another Hogwarts? I'm down with that. Both of the previous sets were quite nice. For castle fans, these potter sets are pure gold with a rich assortment of incredible bricks. I'm not a big fan of Sponge Bob, but last years sets looked decent enough, so I'm sure that these should be ok as well. At the end of the day, LEGO's catalog is far bigger than my wallet, so I'm happy regardless.

Well, this might be good news for Harry Potter and SpongeBob fans, but personally, I find these themes very badly done. I'm not very big on liscened themes. =P

I thought it was a big hand holding the bucket handle. Interesting sets here...

It is! It's actually a giant fist, but with a closer look, you can see that the hand has texture like that of the Bikini Bottom fish. It's a nerdy nitpick, really. X-D

Personally, I believe these two things...

First, Spongebob is stupid, both the show and legos

Second, Harry Potter Legos died after the first two movie's. The sets got bad and few in numbers. Plus, they have too many Hogwart's Castles. They just do it to sell new figures.

I will not be buying these sets. I focus on Star Wars mainly, but the new castle theme looks good.

A word of caution re: the Hogwarts. Is there a picture?

Maybe I am wrong, but unless a picture shows otherwise, this will not be much of a castle. Here's why I think so.

Toywiz prices are usually incredibly inflated.

For example, Bikini Bottom sells for $40, but TW is selling it for 67.99

So, a 100$ Hogwart set on Toywiz is probably a 60-70 dollar Lego set. At best. They usually jack up the prices even more on presales.

I am not convinced a 60-70$ Hogwarts will be any good. The others from 2001 and 2004 were $90. The 2004 set was good, but personally I thought the first one sucked badly.

I don't think Lego can deliver a decent Hogwarts for 60-70 bucks in 2007.

Just theory of course...

Perhaps it's "preliminary pricing"? Yeah, I just made that term up. :-P Toywiz has some pretty whacky prices going BOTH ways. Wasn't too long ago they changed the pricing of some POTC products from extremely high to extremely low to moderately overpriced. Kinda like what they did with those spinning battle tops they had 3-4 years back. And with some Transformers, though the name escapes me at the moment.

But if the past is any indicator, this Hogwarts set will most likely be another add-on, like the 2004 one and Dumbledore's office was to the 2001 school. Perhaps it's a very small addition?

Well, I was actually expecting a new Hogwarts castle set because Lego seems to release one every three years (2001,2004 and now in 2007) ;-) . Im looking forward to seeing some pics.

Don't care about the Sponge Bob ones.... but the HP ones, yeay!!!! I thought that after the so poor production for goblet of fire, we won't ever see those great sets again, but now, hope reborns!!

As in other forums I have said, one of the most horrible sets I have ever had are the ones from the Sorcerer's Stone theme, CoS ones were moreless, but you gotta be kidding if you hate the ones produced for PoA and GoF. I mean, the second Hogwarts Castle is stunning, and when at brickset.com's comunity members were asked which was the best lego set from 2004 (jeje, sorry, I didn't know about EB in that moment), my vote went straight to this Magnificent castle, at least it beated easily the KKII.1 and the first Hogwarts Castle.

Then, after seeing the poor but excellent production for GoF, my expectations have been increased for this years' HP set, or sets. (Just hope to see minifigs such as Umbridge, Weasley Family Members, flesh tone Minerva McGonagall, etc).

:'-( I don't make the necesary cuantities of money that Lego wants me to have for this year's sets!!!

Canadian pricing for the new HP castle (and I was told it's a smaller castle) is 120 CAD, so I would see USD being in the 80-90 USD range probably

More Spongegbob YEAY !!!!

No wonder bout a cool chum bucket set, however its odd to make a boating school set !! Oh well, I am anxious to see how they make Miss Puff :-D

I still hope for a Goo Lagoon set *wub* TRhat would make a superb addition to any beach/city *y*

I am curious also about the new HP sets even if they are pretty low in my proiority list hehe

SB ON !!

*yoda*

There is already two topics on the new s-bob and HP sets. But any way, will s-bob come to the UK?

this year. He's in the 2007 UK catalog...I mean catalogue. X-D

Canadian pricing for the new HP castle (and I was told it's a smaller castle) is 120 CAD, so I would see USD being in the 80-90 USD range probably

120 CAD? Thats about the same size as Arkham Asylum or Jabba's Sail Barge. Not the biggest set but still pretty big. They usually have 6 to 9 figs.