Jump to content


Putting components together / Free Movement


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GeOrc

GeOrc

    Posts: 11
    Joined: 04-November 12
    Member: 32823

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi all,
I have the following problem. I constructed an old spacecraft consisting of different components which can be seperated or combined for playing. The components were builded seperatly in the instructions and then have to be linked. I found no possibility to connect these parts because the software always tries to link bricks to each other but not single components. These looks difficult for me, because different parts grab into each other to hold the component in place. Is there a possibilty to move complex parts freely?

The lxf file is attached, I hope you can see my problem.
Thanks for helping in advance.
Kind Regards
Georg

Attached Files



#2 hrontos

hrontos

    Posts: 723
    Joined: 05-August 11
    Member: 19500
    Country: Slovakia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

The connection you are trying to achieve is actually not a connection from the software point of view. It is treated only as bricks placed freely next to each other (no matter how tight).

The only way to place it where you want, is to use scaffolding. This means, that you have to add some suitable bricks, that will really connect to both complex components. After successful placement you remove the helper bricks.

#3 monsinjor

monsinjor

    Posts: 681
    Joined: 10-August 12
    Member: 30140
    Country: Croatia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi Georg,
I managed to connect it.
You will see in the .lxf file red bricks that I used to connect (remove them, I just left it for you to see)
Also, during the assembly I removed the 2 white conical rocket stop and then bring them back.
Here's your file (I put only _2 in the name)

http://www.brickshel...aumschiff_2.lxf

#4 Gnac

Gnac

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 05-August 12
    Member: 30056
    Country: England

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Here's an "alternate" solution, because I was beaten :B

LXF

The container has been left to one side, with red 1x2 plates placed inside the recesses for the blue slopes. These should allow the container to be positioned (try it!), then the colour selection tool can be used to remove them. The original 1x2 tiles have been added to a subgroup of the container to allow them to be replaced easily.
Posted Image

Pick-a-BRICK: SET | SHELF | SAFE (SOOON)

Today is always the most enjoyable day!

#5 monsinjor

monsinjor

    Posts: 681
    Joined: 10-August 12
    Member: 30140
    Country: Croatia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

*oh2* Gnac, your solution is better than mine. Also I learned something, Thanks. :thumbup:

#6 GeOrc

GeOrc

    Posts: 11
    Joined: 04-November 12
    Member: 32823

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

@ all, many thanks for your quick reply and all your help in this issue.

@ Gnac,
that´s a very elegant solution of the problem! Many thanks for sharing!

This was my first LDD construction and I learned a lot of the basics. Time for the next step, and try to create some more complex LEGO kits! I never thought this virtual constructing would be so much fun :)

Kind Regards
Georg




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users