Jump to content


Norwegian winter mountain village


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

    Posts: 322
    Joined: 16-September 10
    Member: 13286
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

This is realy amazing stuf. I love the ski slop and the frozen waterfall. My regards my friend. Great display of your building skills there. :grin: :thumbup:
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#27 Antonio

Antonio

  • "Ducks" on the menu.


    Posts: 194
    Joined: 18-June 10
    Member: 11525
    Country: Bulgaria

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

By "weird" i ment interresting ,i like it also!Dont get me wrong :)

A proud Bluecoat and Mitgardian


#28 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 6915
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wow *oh2* Incredible snow/ice scaping and the ski hills and pine trees are superb :thumbup: Beautiful display :wub:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#29 def

def

  • White Reggaeist


    Posts: 6532
    Joined: 02-November 08
    Member: 4268
    Country: 日本

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

It's a lovely build.  Detailed, but not overly busy.  I like it! :thumbup:

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.


My Facebook! My Tumblr My Book!


#30 scottwb2010

scottwb2010

    Posts: 454
    Joined: 18-September 10
    Member: 13331
    Country: Scotland

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

This is an Awesome build Cecilie. Being a skier I just love this and wish I had the resources to build one like this. Does the T-bar lift work?  Keep up the great work.

#31 kibosh

kibosh

    Posts: 610
    Joined: 03-May 11
    Member: 17620

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Awesome!  This is just awesome!  I picked up the Winter VIllage Cottage last week with the intent of making a large Winter Village display this Christmas.  This just blows my plans away.

Well done.
Check out my LEGO blog at All About The Bricks!

#32 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Hoink Hoink


    Posts: 31576
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Holy crap, that's amazing! :wub: I love the ski lift! And there's a train and some trees and oh, look! I see a rock-climbing wall. Choo-choo! :laugh: Yay, the train goes in circles! Great sculpted mountain. Your hard work really shows. :wub:

*oh2* You got blogged!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image



Now playing Seamus Aaron in Dannylonglegs and JackJonespaw's Blacktron Mafia


#33 Lasse

Lasse

    Posts: 229
    Joined: 13-September 12
    Member: 31840
    Country: Denmark

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Very nice build :thumbup:

I saw your MOC at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.
Lasse Vestergård


Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

So many nice comments :blush:, thanks everyone :sweet:

View PostAntonio, on 05 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

By "weird" i ment interresting ,i like it also!Dont get me wrong :)
No worries, I just elaborated on it :sweet:

View Postscottwb2010, on 05 November 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

This is an Awesome build Cecilie. Being a skier I just love this and wish I had the resources to build one like this. Does the T-bar lift work?  Keep up the great work.
Sadly not yet :cry_sad:. I couldn't get that part finished in time for this weekend. But this is not the end! I will work on getting it working for the next time it will be displayed :sweet:

View Postkibosh, on 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Awesome!  This is just awesome!  I picked up the Winter VIllage Cottage last week with the intent of making a large Winter Village display this Christmas.  This just blows my plans away.

Well done.
Don't get demotivated, make a smaller mountain! :grin:

View PostHinckley, on 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Holy crap, that's amazing! :wub: I love the ski lift! And there's a train and some trees and oh, look! I see a rock-climbing wall. Choo-choo! :laugh: Yay, the train goes in circles! Great sculpted mountain. Your hard work really shows. :wub:

*oh2* You got blogged!
You really have a way with words :laugh:. And thanks for the blog :grin:


View PostLasse, on 05 November 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Very nice build :thumbup:

I saw your MOC at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.
Thanks :sweet:. I really had my hands full with all the kids trying to derail the train or picking off my ice climbers though :laugh:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#35 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Experiencing difficulty...eth


    Posts: 5465
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

This is just great!  My favorite details of the whole thing are all the paths you made in the snow. For example where the skiers are, theres indents. Where the wagon is, there are indents and showing dirt, all that stuff is just awesome. It's the attention to detail like this that makes something go from "wow that is huge!" to "wow that is an awesome build!"

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

Dagstyrr the Dead Fool in Ragnarök Now 3 by TinyPiesRUs


#36 Noahs-Dad

Noahs-Dad

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 18-October 12
    Member: 32596

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostCecilie, on 05 November 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Thanks :sweet:. And I do admit I "cheated" a bit on the attachment of the downhill skiiers and snowboarders, and used tack-it/white-tac.

What's an OP? :wacko: If you're talking about me, I have a name you know :tongue:. And yes, like I said above, I used white-tac.


OP = Original Poster. Apologies to de-personalise things there Cecile.. A little bit of white-tac is entirely forgiveable I think on such a fantastic model it would be harsh of anyone to pick points at that. It is also great that you took the time to follow up on everyones comments, your even a most pleasant guy to boot :)

Someone suggested adding a troll, I'm sure you will already know theres a polarbear piece in existence (from an 80s or 90s explorers/expedition set perhaps?). You must have been tempted to add one in somewhere?

#37 JimBee

JimBee

  • Shroom Eating Cultist


    Posts: 10500
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2436
    Country: USA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

That's a lot of white!

Awesome MOC, Cecelie. I think the whole thing flows really well and looks natural. The slopes make for a very realistic ski hill, especially when contrasted with the rougher-looking areas dotted with trees. The ice surface on the side is very neat, some great color choices that add vibrancy. The log cabins, lodge, and train surrounding the whole thing top it off for a very cozy yet exciting scene - perfect for the holidays coming up. :thumbup:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 54-year-old male imp Alchemist, and

Jinnipher Buchaire, 76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

in the Heroica RPG

Wiki


#38 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • Ass


    Posts: 13566
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

:wub: Awesome town! I love the ski slope and all the trees. You brought together the winter village so well, and stuffed the landscape to the brim with detail. My favorite part by far is the frozen ice wall. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie, 06 November 2012 - 05:51 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Diamond Dodd, Pliskeen cook in DDL and JJP's Blacktron Mafia

#39 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostDarkdragon, on 05 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

This is just great!  My favorite details of the whole thing are all the paths you made in the snow. For example where the skiers are, theres indents. Where the wagon is, there are indents and showing dirt, all that stuff is just awesome. It's the attention to detail like this that makes something go from "wow that is huge!" to "wow that is an awesome build!"
Thanks for noticing, I spent a lot of time working out all of those details :sweet:

View PostNoahs-Dad, on 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

OP = Original Poster. Apologies to de-personalise things there Cecile.. A little bit of white-tac is entirely forgiveable I think on such a fantastic model it would be harsh of anyone to pick points at that. It is also great that you took the time to follow up on everyones comments, your even a most pleasant guy to boot :)
Thanks, although I'm a girl :wink:

View PostNoahs-Dad, on 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Someone suggested adding a troll, I'm sure you will already know theres a polarbear piece in existence (from an 80s or 90s explorers/expedition set perhaps?). You must have been tempted to add one in somewhere?
Sorry to burst your bubble there, but there are no polar bears in Norwegian mountains. Brown bears yes (and if you search the pictures, you may find one :wink:), although they usually hibernate in winter.

View PostJimButcher, on 06 November 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

That's a lot of white!

Awesome MOC, Cecelie. I think the whole thing flows really well and looks natural. The slopes make for a very realistic ski hill, especially when contrasted with the rougher-looking areas dotted with trees. The ice surface on the side is very neat, some great color choices that add vibrancy. The log cabins, lodge, and train surrounding the whole thing top it off for a very cozy yet exciting scene - perfect for the holidays coming up. :thumbup:
Thanks :sweet:. You should have seen the mountain before I added all the colorful details, it was so white, I went all snowblind building it :laugh:

View PostCallMePie, on 06 November 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

:wub: Awesome town! I love the ski slope and all the trees. You brought together the winter village so well, and stuffed the landscape to the brim with detail. My favorite part by far is the frozen ice wall. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you :sweet:. Is it really stuffed to the brim with detail? I see so much more stuff I want to add :laugh:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#40 kibosh

kibosh

    Posts: 610
    Joined: 03-May 11
    Member: 17620

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostCecilie, on 05 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Don't get demotivated, make a smaller mountain! :grin:

On the contrary, you have motivated me!  I may have to borrow your chairlift design...
Check out my LEGO blog at All About The Bricks!

#41 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

View Postkibosh, on 06 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

On the contrary, you have motivated me!  I may have to borrow your chairlift design...
Yey, can't wait to see it :sweet:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#42 pagan

pagan

    Posts: 53
    Joined: 29-April 11
    Member: 17550
    Country: Belgium

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

No one face first in to the snow (like me first time a came from a mountain)? Cool MOC!!

#43 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Wow, wow, wow!  This is impressive. I love the little details like the water under the ice, and the little trails for the skiers. The different textures really make this look real. I like the ski jump, and the different slopes.

It's just incredible, I don't want to do it any injustice by babbling on.  Great work Cecilie

#44 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postpagan, on 07 November 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

No one face first in to the snow (like me first time a came from a mountain)? Cool MOC!!
Oh, I should totally add that for next time I display this! There is one with his skis crossed who's probably going to fall over soon though :tongue:.

View PostBig Cam, on 08 November 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Wow, wow, wow!  This is impressive. I love the little details like the water under the ice, and the little trails for the skiers. The different textures really make this look real. I like the ski jump, and the different slopes.

It's just incredible, I don't want to do it any injustice by babbling on.  Great work Cecilie

Thanks, I don't mind the babble though :laugh:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#45 L@go

L@go

  • Awesome Sport!


    Posts: 1782
    Joined: 18-March 10
    Member: 9962
    Country: Norway

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Great to see this posted here. It was such a nice addition to the layout in Oslo, among all the green baseplates and all the grey train track :)

Hopefully, the terrible memories of all those nasty kids trying to de-construct your setup haven't kept you up at night...

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image


flickr


#46 Legogal

Legogal

  • poet laureate


    Posts: 1188
    Joined: 09-January 12
    Member: 23979
    Country: US

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Holy cow! Everything is just placed so well. My favorites are the stunning evergreen trees on the white mountain. And the lovely colored ice flows on the side of the mountain. Did you have to use a crane to lift this the mountain as it must weight a ton? It is great to see so much white as the green and blue baseplates grow old after a while. The skiers are adorable, too. What a work of art!

#47 Cara

Cara

  • Green Captain of the Flying Piranha


    Posts: 832
    Joined: 28-August 10
    Member: 12904
    Country: USA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Oh Wow! I love this. It gives off the perfect feel to me and brings back memories :) It looks exactly like a ski lodge. I love the different textures you have managed to convey in the snow.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!



Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image




My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.


#48 LegofreakKO345

LegofreakKO345

    Posts: 72
    Joined: 16-July 12
    Member: 29722
    Country: Portugal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

That mountain is AMAZING! Really! So snowy, so, uh, wintery? I don't know why, but it reminds me of Minecraft. Yes, I am crazy about that game :laugh: .
Always building things...

Posted Image

#49 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Killer Killer Whale


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostL@go, on 08 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Great to see this posted here. It was such a nice addition to the layout in Oslo, among all the green baseplates and all the grey train track :)

Hopefully, the terrible memories of all those nasty kids trying to de-construct your setup haven't kept you up at night...
Thanks :grin:. And now that the mountain is safely packed away into boxes, I can sleep well at night again :laugh:

View PostLegogal, on 09 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Holy cow! Everything is just placed so well. My favorites are the stunning evergreen trees on the white mountain. And the lovely colored ice flows on the side of the mountain. Did you have to use a crane to lift this the mountain as it must weight a ton? It is great to see so much white as the green and blue baseplates grow old after a while. The skiers are adorable, too. What a work of art!
Thank you :sweet:. Cranes are not the easiest way to transport LEGO, so I chose a different method: building it modularly. The whole thing comes apart into sizeable chunks that can be put into cardboard boxes, and easily transported :wink:. I wouldn't have got it through my door in one piece anyway :laugh:.

View PostCara, on 09 November 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Oh Wow! I love this. It gives off the perfect feel to me and brings back memories :) It looks exactly like a ski lodge. I love the different textures you have managed to convey in the snow.
Thanks :sweet:. It helps to have grown up in a country filled with snow and mountains :laugh:

View PostLegofreakKO345, on 10 November 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

That mountain is AMAZING! Really! So snowy, so, uh, wintery? I don't know why, but it reminds me of Minecraft. Yes, I am crazy about that game :laugh: .
Thank you :sweet:. I'm not much of a Minecraft fan myself, I prefer the solid bricks I can hold in my hand :wink:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#50 Trent

Trent

    Posts: 272
    Joined: 15-March 11
    Member: 16613
    Country: England

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

This is a wonderful model - it's inspiring!

I love the ski jump, and the slope...the mountain must've taken forever!  I particularly love all of the trees though...they're perfect.

Edited by Trent, 10 November 2012 - 06:53 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users