Jump to content


Norwegian winter mountain village


70 replies to this topic

#1 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2156
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image Layout

It's been a while since I posted any MOCs online, but that isn't because I haven't been building... In fact, I've been so busy building, I have made several MOCs that have yet to be shown online, and here's the biggest one of them all, the project that has kept me busy every day for the last 3 months, to get it finished for LEGO Norway's 50 year anniversary event this weekend. So without further ado, I present my winter mountain village, inspired by Norwegian mountains.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's still a lot of details I'd like to fix and add, but that will have to be for the next event it will be displayed at :sweet:

More pictures on flickr.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf

#2 Antonio

Antonio

  • "Ducks" on the menu.


    Posts: 194
    Joined: 18-June 10
    Member: 11525
    Country: Bulgaria

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Amazing!I love this landscape ,it feels so..wintery :wub: In my opinion trains and winter is magical!The lake fall (waterfall) is abit wierd thro,reminds me of unloaded chuncks in minecraft *huh*

A proud Bluecoat and Mitgardian


#3 LegoSjaak

LegoSjaak

    Posts: 770
    Joined: 17-May 10
    Member: 10715
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Looks great, i like wintersport and Lego and this is a perfect combination!!!

greetz, LegoSjaak
Check my latest videos (HD-quality, over 1,000,000 views) on YouTube or search for 'LegoSjaak' on Flickr for other pictures (or just click the link below)!!

http://www.flickr.co...otos/legosjaak/

http://www.youtube.c...oSjaak/featured

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 19533
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

OMG !
What a winter wonderland you have there 'Cecille' ! :grin_wub:  
That mountain is an AWESOME build....must have taken quite a while to build ? :wink:
Good to see the people living there recycle and love their buildings from the past.......plus cool ski slope ! :wub:
Brick On in the snow 'Cecille'.......this creation of yours worth a front page in my opinion ! :wink:

#5 gifinim

gifinim

    Posts: 153
    Joined: 01-March 11
    Member: 16323

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Simply amazing!  You've packed such a lot of detail in without it feeling cluttered.  About the only thing missing is a troll!
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Kristel

Kristel

  • Drunk, Nervous and Giggling


    Posts: 1848
    Joined: 19-May 12
    Member: 28686
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Awesome! :wub:  
My favourite part is the ski jump, it is just magnificent.  I also love the brick built pine trees and the log cabin at the top of the mountain.
Santa and his reindeer is a nice touch, too.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2


Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#7 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

  • Yellow Panel Expert


    Posts: 4484
    Joined: 18-July 11
    Member: 19128
    Country: USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

The mountain is brilliant. I love the ski-lift and the ski jump. It is a very snowy scene (which I hold close to my heart for some reason). I like seeing the Winter Village sets in there and the buildings you added fit in perfectly! I absolutely love the dark red building off to the right side by the mountain edge. I may have to borrow some of that build aesthetic. It fits right in.

Congrats on the monster build. I bet you feel accomplished.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#8 Selander

Selander

  • Swedish Train Engines Extraordinaire


    Posts: 345
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6607
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Fantastic creation with a very nordic feel.
My Flickr and brickshelf accounts:

Flickr link

Brickshelf link

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

  • Propping up Historica's freedom


    Posts: 3338
    Joined: 14-April 12
    Member: 27955
    Country: Chile/USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Great job! Always wanted to see a LEGO ski slope! Love all the trees especially! :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."


#10 fred67

fred67

  • A builder, not a hoarder


    Posts: 2195
    Joined: 03-December 09
    Member: 8444
    Country: USA (GA)

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Congratulations on a great MOC.

#11 Brickus

Brickus

    Posts: 917
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6717
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

This is amazing, the best winter village set up I've ever seen.

#12 Htrag

Htrag

    Posts: 46
    Joined: 19-October 12
    Member: 32608

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

That is incredible! I always wanted LEGO to come up with a theme like this. I think my favorite, though, are the ice climbers. I ice climb too, and I've never seen it in LEGO. Great work!

#13 herrJJ

herrJJ

    Posts: 775
    Joined: 02-November 12
    Member: 32797
    Country: Germany

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Very nice build. I espacially like the idea with the skiing part. Thanks for sharing this with us. Brick on :-)

Greetings
herrJJ
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Playing Nessa Anárion in Heroica, trying to find the Hook on the Other Hand on Quest #69
[STATS] and [STORY]

Shooting session with Nessa on flickr

Posted Image
Playing Heron Jujube, killed on Night One, raised as an undead on Night Two but perished again on Day Three, then resurrected on Day Four and finally died on Night Six (so close) in Sandy's Cruel Angel's Thesis Mafia-MMORPG



We opened a new BrickLink Store: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!


Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)


#14 Ferrik

Ferrik

    Posts: 821
    Joined: 26-February 11
    Member: 16252
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

This looks amazing. I love the mountain slope and the train that runs around the village. All of those buildings also look amazing. :wink: Excellent MOC.
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#15 SwissBrick

SwissBrick

    Posts: 180
    Joined: 29-March 11
    Member: 16940
    Country: Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Excellent, very realistic and yet making the x- mas feeling getting closer and magical! Well done, and approved by a
swiss mountain specialist :-)

#16 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4447
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Ah-mazing! This is beautiful. All your MOC'ed buildings look like official sets from the same line. The snowy landscape is brilliantly done. I like the official sets thrown in too.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#17 Noahs-Dad

Noahs-Dad

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 18-October 12
    Member: 32596

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Just incredible. Far to many compliments and fantastic features to mention them all but in particular I love:-

- The scaling with the continuous rising slope, with the train tunnel underneath.
- It can be used for playing as you haven't cluttered the building's and managed to create open space.
- The mountain face climing wall, the ski slope, I mean just WOW!
- Nice touch with the recycling also.

I really can't pay enough compliments on this build.

#18 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

    Posts: 1152
    Joined: 24-December 11
    Member: 23488
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

What a sight! This truly is a great winter scene. There's too many details too point out. The ones that caught my eye first are all the skiers with colourfull skies, the iceskaters, the winter train, and the houses.LEGO did a great job introducing some of the winter sports. Also the snowy terain for skiing is well done, I just wonder how are the figs attached. But then there are more hidden details (at least from the pictures), like the 'person' flying in on the sleds (a really nice touch :thumbup: ).
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#19 Wedge09

Wedge09

  • One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!


    Posts: 2989
    Joined: 18-July 12
    Member: 29763
    Country: Italy

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

*oh2* *oh2* *oh2* Absolutely impressive, fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love this MOC, in particularly how you made the snow, the skiers and frozen waterfall :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick


Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes


Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica


P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309


#20 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes


    Posts: 5101
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

This is so awesome.  So many things to see and admire.  It even looks dangerous to be ice skating so close to the water falls edge.   :classic:

#21 Noahs-Dad

Noahs-Dad

    Posts: 12
    Joined: 18-October 12
    Member: 32596

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostRedhead1982, on 04 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

I just wonder how are the figs attached. But then there are more hidden details (at least from the pictures), like the 'person' flying in on the sleds (a really nice touch :thumbup: ).

I wondered about the attachment of the figs also. Perhaps the OP can confirm? I thought they may have possibly been attached with a little blu-tac (or white-tac would be more appropriate!). If thats the case I could certainly forgive such a technique as it would only have been done for display purposes, and I still can't stop looking at the photos and going "wow" over and over in my head.

#22 monsinjor

monsinjor

    Posts: 681
    Joined: 10-August 12
    Member: 30140
    Country: Croatia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Amazing! Amazing work. I don't know what section is better. My bows!

#23 JopieK

JopieK

  • Kneecap Buster


    Posts: 2412
    Joined: 04-January 07
    Member: 1180
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

very nice indeed!!! you have quite some white ;)

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!


#24 TimH

TimH

    Posts: 720
    Joined: 05-April 12
    Member: 27781
    Country: USA (NC)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Awesome work!!  :thumbup:  I love the ski jump and frozen waterfall.  :wub_drool:

#25 Cecilie

Cecilie

  • Light old blue grey!


    Posts: 2156
    Joined: 27-January 10
    Member: 9319
    Country: Norway

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

Whoah, thanks everyone for the nice comments :sweet:

View PostAntonio, on 03 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Amazing!I love this landscape ,it feels so..wintery :wub: In my opinion trains and winter is magical!The lake fall (waterfall) is abit wierd thro,reminds me of unloaded chuncks in minecraft *huh*
I'm not entirely happy with it, but it looks better in person, where you can see the texture of it better (it's supposed to be frozen you know....). And lots of people commented on how they really liked it, so I don't know :def_shrug:

View Postgifinim, on 03 November 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Simply amazing!  You've packed such a lot of detail in without it feeling cluttered.  About the only thing missing is a troll!
Ah, yes, a troll! I should add that for text time :grin:

View PostKristel, on 03 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Awesome! :wub:  
My favourite part is the ski jump, it is just magnificent.  I also love the brick built pine trees and the log cabin at the top of the mountain.
Santa and his reindeer is a nice touch, too.
Thank you :sweet:. The santa and reindeer on top of my post office is something I built  for the winter village contest here on EB a couple of years ago actually. There's more detailed pictures of it somewhere in my flickr.

View PostTheLegoDr, on 03 November 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

The mountain is brilliant. I love the ski-lift and the ski jump. It is a very snowy scene (which I hold close to my heart for some reason). I like seeing the Winter Village sets in there and the buildings you added fit in perfectly! I absolutely love the dark red building off to the right side by the mountain edge. I may have to borrow some of that build aesthetic. It fits right in.

Congrats on the monster build. I bet you feel accomplished.
Thank you :sweet:. But no, I don't feel accomplished, as I still feel there's a lot of work to be done on it :wink:. Oh, and like the post office I mentioned above, the dark red building (chocolate shop) has more detailed pictures somewhere in my flickr, from when I built it a year ago.

View PostSwissBrick, on 03 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Excellent, very realistic and yet making the x- mas feeling getting closer and magical! Well done, and approved by a
swiss mountain specialist :-)
Awesome :grin:

View PostNoahs-Dad, on 04 November 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Just incredible. Far to many compliments and fantastic features to mention them all but in particular I love:-

- The scaling with the continuous rising slope, with the train tunnel underneath.
- It can be used for playing as you haven't cluttered the building's and managed to create open space.
- The mountain face climing wall, the ski slope, I mean just WOW!
- Nice touch with the recycling also.

I really can't pay enough compliments on this build.
You are all so kind :blush:. The recycling was actually added as a last minute detail for the exhibition, but maybe I'll keep it there for next time I display it as well.

View PostRedhead1982, on 04 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

What a sight! This truly is a great winter scene. There's too many details too point out. The ones that caught my eye first are all the skiers with colourfull skies, the iceskaters, the winter train, and the houses.LEGO did a great job introducing some of the winter sports. Also the snowy terain for skiing is well done, I just wonder how are the figs attached. But then there are more hidden details (at least from the pictures), like the 'person' flying in on the sleds (a really nice touch :thumbup: ).
Thanks :sweet:. And I do admit I "cheated" a bit on the attachment of the downhill skiiers and snowboarders, and used tack-it/white-tac. The cross country skiiers are all resting against edges though, and no sticky goo underneath.

View Postdr_spock, on 04 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

This is so awesome.  So many things to see and admire.  It even looks dangerous to be ice skating so close to the water falls edge.   :classic:
It probably is a bit dangerous, which is why those ice skaters are the risk seeking kind :wink:

View PostNoahs-Dad, on 04 November 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

I wondered about the attachment of the figs also. Perhaps the OP can confirm? I thought they may have possibly been attached with a little blu-tac (or white-tac would be more appropriate!). If thats the case I could certainly forgive such a technique as it would only have been done for display purposes, and I still can't stop looking at the photos and going "wow" over and over in my head.
What's an OP? :wacko: If you're talking about me, I have a name you know :tongue:. And yes, like I said above, I used white-tac.

View PostJopieK, on 04 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

very nice indeed!!! you have quite some white ;)
Quite.... Like about 30.000 assorted white bricks, plates and slopes...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  
My blog: Bits and Bricks
My flickr: cecilihf



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users