@ Sicil: I liked your car so much, I built it from your original photos (before you created your LDD .lxf file). "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery" -- thanks for sharing it!
See this Flickr photoset
for detailed descriptions on the 16 pictures I took. I had some problems "reverse-engineering" some things, so I came up with slightly different solutions than you did. I did not have the same colored parts as you, so I used a red-and-yellow color scheme.
I added some parts to the front grille and underside of the hood (bonnet) to fill in the gaps. The hood/bonnet pivots upwards; I used a temporary axle prop for the photo below. The windscreen frame has been simplified. Two white rally lights have been added to the roofline. The car retains the original's "dog running" stance (where the rear axle is longer than the front axle).
I added a yellow brace under the rear window, a black rear spoiler, and a black rear bumper:
It is possible to replace your two Power Functions (PF) Medium motors with one PF Large motor (to save weight and increase speed a tad). The rear axle's gear ratio has been changed from 3:5 (0.6) to 1:3 (0.33)
(by using a 36-tooth bevel gear instead of a 24-tooth bevel gear), since there was a lot of space above the axle. I had to "prop up" the PF battery box a bit so that it would not interfere wih that black 36-tooth gear (see photo above).Here you can see the single PF L-motor driving the solid white rear axle. Additional photos of the L-motor's bracing is shown in the Flickr photoset
. Your car is now 45%
faster than before!
Edited by DLuders, 25 November 2012 - 01:56 PM.