Big Cam

OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME - Congratulations Capt. Stabbin!

Congratulations Capt. Stabbin, we've selected you as the next News Scout!

BUT!!! HOLEY TOLEDO!!!

We're STILL looking to train more News Scout as soon as Capt. Stabbin is savvy (Grimmbeard has been promoted to Blog Editor already), so for anyone still interested it's recommended to remain highly active in the LEGO Pirates Forum over the upcoming weeks.

We chose Capt. Stabbin because he:

• is highly active in the LEGO Pirates Forum
  • has very good English written and communication skills.
  • has zero warning points and interacts well with other members.
  • has a high level of maturity
  • has a piratey username and avatar/sigfig - not essential, but a favourable bonus.

So if you can aspire to the above, you'll have a higher chance of being selected as the next recruit.

We'll be keeping a sea eye on everyone who has applied, but if anyone has changed their mind just let us know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations Grimmbeard, we've selected you as the next News Scout!

BUT!!! We're STILL looking to train more News Scout as soon as Capt. Redblade and Grimmbeard are savvy, so for anyone still interested it's recommended to remain highly active in the LEGO Pirates Forum over the upcoming weeks.

We chose Grimmbeard because he:

• is highly active in the LEGO Pirates Forum
  • has very good English written and communication skills.
  • has zero warning points and interacts well with other members.
  • has a high level of maturity
  • has a piratey username and avatar/sigfig - not essential, but a favourable bonus.

So if you can aspire to the above, you'll have a higher chance of being selected as the next recruit.

We'll be keeping a close eye (or three) on everyone who has applied, but if anyone has changed their mind just let us know.

Congratulations Capt. Redblade, we've selected you as the News Scout!

BUT!!! We're looking to train more News Scout as soon as Capt. Redbalde is savvy, so for anyone still interested it's recommended to remain highly active in the LEGO Pirates Forum over the upcoming weeks.

We chose Capt. Redblade because he has:

• been a long-term member for over 3 years.
  • very good English written and communication skills.
  • zero warning points and interacts well with other members.
  • a high level of maturity
  • regular forum participation.
  • a piratey username and avatar/sigfig - not essential, but a favourable bonus.

We'll be keeping a close eye (or three) on everyone who has applied, but if anyone has changed their mind just let us know.

Classic-Pirates.com WANTS YOU!

post-273-0-67791600-1351825022_thumb.jpg

Sail the Seven Seas with us!

Due to the continuous expansion of Classic-Pirates.com and quest for world domination, we be seeking a devoted News Scout for Classic-Pirates blog.

The Benefits:

• Get access to an exclusive hidden forum known as The Shipyard where LEGO Pirate dreams be made!
  • See all the LEGO Ambassador Projects & news before anyone else
  • Your Eurobricks username will appear on the Crew Page (including a biography provided by yourself)
  • Have the opportunity to be involved in exciting promotions and projects
  • Upon successfully completing your 4-6 week probation you will be awarded a Classic-Pirates Rank and special tag
  • You will have the opportunity to receive promotions within the Shipyard Ranking System and work your way into higher positions. Start your career to becoming the next Commodore!
  • You will receive one-on-one training to further your online technical skills and gain valuable experience as a team player - these are transferable skills you can use for future opportunities.

Requirements:

• You must have the time available to look for material for the Classic-Pirates.com blog. Seriously lad/lass, its only 30 minutes per week!
  • Must be familiar with basic Internet browsing, images, videos (the easy stuff) and be able to relay that information to the bloggers within the shipyard
  • Regular access to a computer. The News Scout is expected to produce 2-3 bloggable items per week. It only takes 10 minutes per sitting so your commitment is just 20-30 minutes per week!

If ye be interested, let us know in this thread! YAAAAAAARRRRR!!!

Artwork by ~CreepahInTheNight

What exactly would a "bloggable item" be? An impressive MOC? Lego News?

Yes, both of those. Upon being chosen you'll be trained by none other than Mister Phes, he'll teach you everything we are looking for and where to find it.

so who's dropping out?

Someone doesn't always have to leave for us to recruit new talent.

Hmm... let's see... university student with a laptop, no job, no girlfriend, and I'm always on Eurobricks. Hell, I'd be stupid not to apply. :grin:

Hmm... let's see... university student with a laptop, no job, no girlfriend, and I'm always on Eurobricks. Hell, I'd be stupid not to apply. :grin:

LOL, thanks for the application, don't make EB the reason you are girl-less during college. :purrr:

I would like to apply, I am on EB at least two hours a day. I have an interest in Blogging, Journalism and Lego, so I would love this position.

@TheBoyWonder

Darn I just got beat by someone way more qualified than me!

I just like eurobricks, love lego pirates, am interested in new stuff, and I also like the sound of membership to the Shipyard!

Three applicants! That's more than we need.

Ok... Here's a little challenge for you all:

Search the Internet and find something to blog then post it in this thread. It could be a MOC, Brickfilm, drawing, etc. just so long as its LEGO Pirates related and something we haven't blogged before.

Set sail lads!

I wan't to apply, Ill get on that challenge soon!

EDIT: 4 minutes of searching, has this been seen?

8161920156_379d417fe3_c.jpg

PatricZ's "Papegojan" A fully rigged swedish pinnace built in Holland during the XVII century, she sure is a beauty! some very interesting techniques are incorperated to perfect the hull, check it out here[http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?f=515917]

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo

Alright, I'll officially apply. Here are a few items I found

One the best pirate brickfilms out there IMO, created by Doug Vandegrift aka cannedgravy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59500654@N07/5446026073/in/set-72157625926130473/ Armada Fortress by Detroitika

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Pirates/USSConstitution/uss_constitution_002.jpg USS Constitution Moc created by Elephant Knight

Sorry im late!

Heres an interesting idea for a modular ship that has been incorporated into a modular ship,

I give you, THE POSIEDON"S WRATH!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaudeau/sets/72157627331152387/with/6052637105/

I shows great skill in the use of hinge techniques and the color scheme is great!

Edited by TheLegoNinja

I am going to officially close the application period since we have 7 whom have all completed Mister Phes' task. We'll let you know who we choose soon.