• Please log in to reply
7500 replies to this topic

#126 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostFives, on 09 November 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't feel that an invisible Frodo is necessary. Look at the picture from the Barrel Escape set. Bilbo is clearly meant to be wearing the Ring, but they didn't go to the bother of making a special figure, because people can use their imagination with the figs. Sure, an invisible Ring bearer fig would be an awesome collectible, but I doubt a kid playing with their figures would really care. They would just pop the Ring on and off the characters hand.

How about a modified CMF Olympic Medal piece, so you could hang the ring around Frodo's neck?
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#127 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

• Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

I'm not sure about this list at all.  Why only four sets??  And I thought we were getting Orthanc next summer.  Smells fishy to me.
Never tell me the odds!

#128 giggitygoo

giggitygoo

Member: 13043

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

I'm so glad there will be more LOTR sets, I was scared thinking we woudn't get any more! :cry_sad:
Besides, I'm sure TLC's new host of sets will all be must buys! Especially if you're a massive LOTR fan like myself! :laugh:
Also, I would love to have Minas Tirith as the January exclusive for 2014! Anyone else with me? :grin:

#129 Deathleech

Deathleech

Member: 29067

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Ya, it all seems a little iffy to me.  Do we have any idea how accurate/reliable this website is?  I mean the sets seem almost less likely than the ones the guy earlier this week rumored.  Of course we don't even know anything about the list.  Is it complete?  Is it just from the summer LotR wave?   There are so many unanswered questions.

#130 Lordof theBricks

Lordof theBricks

Member: 32862

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Did anyone watch The Brick Show,they said that we will see LEGO Lotr sets in March,but LegoLotr and The Hobbit in summer sets,how about that?

#131 Elander

Elander

Member: 3493

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I am excited about any kind of LotR sets which will be released. :sweet:

Hopefully there will be changes at the scope of the new wave. I would suggest a mix of sets which we could buy 'one time' and which we could buy `'several times'.
--> My thougts regarding to the first and the second wave are follows.

There are only sets where are main characters included. But what are you doing if you want to build a complete army?

I like the scope of army building sets by the Star Wars waves. Those waves provides usually 4x or 5x sets with main characters and 2x sets without main characters (they are usually battle pack sets). Those small battle pack sets including 4x minifigures, some bricks and different kind of action features are perfect. :sweet:

Why not the same procedure for LotR? I think that LotR an army building theme is. And therefore are battle packs urgently required.

#132 djmangunz

djmangunz

Member: 3834

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostLordof theBricks, on 10 November 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Did anyone watch The Brick Show,they said that we will see LEGO Lotr sets in March,but LegoLotr and The Hobbit in summer sets,how about that?

Yeah, I don't know about that. The Dutch site has the release date for the four sets as July. Sounds like to me that we are only getting these four this summer. Perhaps the small number is due to the release of the Castle sets so they won't have to compete with LOTR for shelf space?
Former member of The New Kids On The Block.

#133 Deathleech

Deathleech

Member: 29067

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

We are getting so many conflicting reports and the sad part is none of them really make any sense.  The Dutch site only has 4 sets listed, a couple seem extremely unlikely this early on in the line's life cycle (Pirate ship (Corsairs) over Ents, Minas Tirith, or a Balrog?  Really?), and to top it off those 4 sets are a mix of Hobbit/LotR waves.  Why would Lego release Hobbit sets in the summer, instead of the winter when the second Hobbit film is released, and the excitement for them is at it's peak?  The guy rumoring the next LotR wave made a little more sense with his "leaked" sets, but the price points and minifigure selection seemed way off and a March release seemed unlikely.  Now the Brickshow is basically reporting both the rumors combined it would seem?

I think I have pretty much had it will all these rumors.  I am not believe anything till I actually see some evidence.

#134 Elander

Elander

Member: 3493

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostDeathleech, on 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

......and a March release seemed unlikely.

Maybe LEGO will releases one (or more) "exclusive" set(s) by March?  :sweet:
(That could become an additional small wave between the winter and summer wave.)

From my point of view would "The Betrayal of Isengard" make sense since the biggest set of the Hobbit wave is not very big and the price for the Orthanc tower could be very heavy.

#135 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Really excited for the Balrog set, but only 291 pieces?!?? I hope the set is good anyway.

#136 El H

El H

Member: 22259

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Lego went with a brick built model for Shelob, which makes sense for a spider with lots of joints, but the Goblin King, the Troll have been big plastic figures. The Balrog should be much, much bigger, maybe something the size of the Tyrannosaur from the Dino Hunters line?

#137 narbilu

narbilu

Member: 8209

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I agree and I think it will be as big as the T-Rex. I expect it to be build like the dragon in the Viking sets (so approx 80 pieces) then there will be enough pieces left for some nice scenery

Posted Image

Narbilu - Explorer - Kawashita Group CEO

Andromeda's Gates (Staff)

Nar Bilu - Avalonian Lord of Hemresa

(Hastatus - Book IV Kaliphlin Civil War)

Alliance Intelligence - Redemption Crew - Nar Eurbrikka

Flickr gallery

#138 Blakstone

Blakstone

Member: 32914

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Wouldn't both the Balrog and Treebeard physical LEGOs look the same as the ones we have seen for the video game? There has been several LEGO games such as Star Wars and Batman that would have previewed characters that have not been released yet. Is there a precedent for LEGO to change the look of characters between the two mediums?

#139 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostBlakstone, on 14 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Wouldn't both the Balrog and Treebeard physical LEGOs look the same as the ones we have seen for the video game? There has been several LEGO games such as Star Wars and Batman that would have previewed characters that have not been released yet. Is there a precedent for LEGO to change the look of characters between the two mediums?

Well, if LEGO already has designed soemthing they will propably put it in the game, but if they havent then the game developers will create the models for themselves and those won't be sold as lego sets.

Minifigure checklist: The Force Awakens

Posted Image

#140 Blakstone

Blakstone

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Deskp, that makes sense. Thanks!

#141 Gryphon Ink

Gryphon Ink

• Confused by the Madness!

Member: 14286

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

Can anybody post a screenshot of Treebeard from the game here?  I've seen the Balrog, but not Treebeard, and I'd love to see how they did his face.  Was trying to build an ent the other day, and didn't come up with anything very appealing, so I wonder what the "semi-official" version looks like.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#142 Blakstone

Blakstone

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Lynx posted this link on November 3.

http://sphotos-c.ak....133076920_n.jpg

#143 Krulis

Krulis

Member: 29761

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

If it's how Sauron the Necromancer will look in the movies I really want a fig of him :wub_drool: :
Posted Image

#144 deskp

deskp

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostKrulis, on 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

If it's how Sauron the Necromancer will look in the movies I really want a fig of him :wub_drool:
Nope,thats just their redesign of the 2. age sauron from last alliance battle. They are taking some liberties with this game.

Personaly I think the original design for him is much much cooler looking.

Posted Image

#145 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostBlakstone, on 14 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Lots. Wasn't the Rancor in the Lego SW games brick built? There are often subtle differences between game and actual production sets. See Gandalf's staff as an example. So the games while often well designed using Lego principles do not always get translated into plastic. Whereas the existing plastic will typically be carried back into the game. (does that make sense?)

As an asside, has anyone been able to get a good screenshot of the Armorred form of Sauron from the begining of the game. I would love to try and work out if he is buildable? Although I suspect that they were cheating with the digital sizing, and any actual brick built dark lord would be the size of one of those Super Hero Action Figures.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#146 Lynx

Lynx

Member: 25493

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I couldn't help but watch a compilation of all cut scenes of the upcoming video game. It shows soooo many figures I'd absolutely love to see in brick form! The eagles appeared molded with movable wings, similar to the fellbeast. Faramir and the Gondorian rangers look great, Aragorn's kingly outfit would be nice to have, and I really hope for a hairpiece seen in both white wizards. Isildur possibly takes the cake as the best looking mini, but there are simply limitless opportunities for future sets.

If anybody wants to watch it, here's the link. It's humorous, and I didn't think there were any spoilers (not if you've watched the movies, anyway).

#147 KristofBD

KristofBD

Member: 6258

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Wooow Isildur is really fantastic indeed!
Trouble is brewing...
                                                           Posted Image

#148 deskp

deskp

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I'm doing what I can to not watch to much of the game before I play it.   But I really hope we get a Faramir figure ASAP. He and Eowyn is kindof the last missing heroes.

Posted Image

#149 Krulis

Krulis

Member: 29761

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Why did they made Grima blind? :wacko:

Edited by Krulis, 18 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#150 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

Member: 29005

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostLynx, on 18 November 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

I couldn't help but watch a compilation of all cut scenes of the upcoming video game. It shows soooo many figures I'd absolutely love to see in brick form! The eagles appeared molded with movable wings, similar to the fellbeast. Faramir and the Gondorian rangers look great, Aragorn's kingly outfit would be nice to have, and I really hope for a hairpiece seen in both white wizards. Isildur possibly takes the cake as the best looking mini, but there are simply limitless opportunities for future sets.

Yeah, I just caught this video on YouTube myself, and was excited to see all these new fig designs. I've been working on a few of the designs myself and posted a few on this thread here (including the Aragorn king design) if you were ever interested in doing decals of these figs, until they are released. I'm planning on uploading designs of Faramir, Grima Wormtongue, Eowyn, Elrond (Rivendell outfit), Isildor, Arwen, Galadriel, and the Army of the Dead & King (to name a few) over time. I've also been in the works to try to get my Dark Knight Rises and Assassin's Creed designs printed and that's getting much closer...so if that works out, I might print some of these figs, too....though not sure. I too wish that those white wizard hair and beard pieces were available...I guess we'll just have to wait, huh? Anyway, I thought since you mentioned that you were interested in these, I'd mention the decal thread if you missed it. Great video and can't wait to play the game! (Haven't got the PC game yet, but have the Elrond fig...helps to have awesome GameStop employees)

Edited by ZCerberus, 24 November 2012 - 04:55 PM.
Removed video from quote

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM

Posted Image

New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LOTR, 2013, Lord of the Rings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users