Mitgardian Challenge V Entry

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Wow. Perfect. I love it, I don't agree with the sparseness comment about the bottom layer, to me that feels "old" and "spooky" like a thousand generations of soldiers came and went, and still the walls will stand echoing their memories through eternity.
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Admiral Woodbrose, Minister of the Colonies of Corrington

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image                                                         Posted Image                                             Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea    ...    |    ....          Devil's Island   ......        |    ........       Rakath Mountain Ritual

#27 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostSkaForHire, on 04 November 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Wow. Perfect. I love it, I don't agree with the sparseness comment about the bottom layer, to me that feels "old" and "spooky" like a thousand generations of soldiers came and went, and still the walls will stand echoing their memories through eternity.
Thank you, glad you like it :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#28 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Great work SK. Not only the size is impressive, the details you´ve put in it are stunning. Like all the different ornamentation styles, the rockwork especially above the entrance, the elevator and much more. Also nice to see those elite guards in this moc again :wink: . Also, did you came up with this idea for the challenge when you were building for the valyrio challenge, because it´s a simular idea?!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#29 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 04 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Great work SK. Not only the size is impressive, the details you´ve put in it are stunning. Like all the different ornamentation styles, the rockwork especially above the entrance, the elevator and much more. Also nice to see those elite guards in this moc again :wink: . Also, did you came up with this idea for the challenge when you were building for the valyrio challenge, because it´s a simular idea?!
Thanks Ecclesiastes! I like to use the guards whenever possible :thumbup:
The idea did come during that time, once I get going on a certain idea or technique I usually use it several times in a row.
I almost did a multi-level build for our contest but decided that would undermine the strength of the wall :laugh:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#30 Garmadon

Garmadon

• Is not barking up the wrong tree.

Member: 29920

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Awesome entry SC!
It dos'nt look too ruined, though.

Uridius Dratiphe, Royal Architect of Mitgardia, Admiral of the Marine, Trickster of Qarkyr, Master Gunnery Sergeant of Eastgate, Hersir of Calvary, and Tribuni of Ulandus

Myles Bowditch, mathematician, navigator, and first mate of the Henri

Guilds of Historica - Brethren of the Brick Seas - My Flickr

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts:

and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7

#31 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostGarmadon, on 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Awesome entry SC!
It dos'nt look too ruined, though.
Thanks! The entryway is quite chipped by age and the floor is all cracked and rough, the bottom floor has
been preserved as I said in the description.
Posted Image

#32 Garmadon

Garmadon

• Is not barking up the wrong tree.

Member: 29920

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 06 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Thanks! The entryway is quite chipped by age and the floor is all cracked and rough, the bottom floor has
been preserved as I said in the description.
Yeah, I understand, but, you know, I can't see any of the pics except the front one, so I don't really know to well how ruined it looks inside. :grin:

Uridius Dratiphe, Royal Architect of Mitgardia, Admiral of the Marine, Trickster of Qarkyr, Master Gunnery Sergeant of Eastgate, Hersir of Calvary, and Tribuni of Ulandus

Myles Bowditch, mathematician, navigator, and first mate of the Henri

Guilds of Historica - Brethren of the Brick Seas - My Flickr

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts:

and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6-7

#33 Rast

Rast

Member: 30441

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Great design, you have a talent for great level builds.i love that each level could be expanded.  super crisp photos aswell.

#34 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostGarmadon, on 06 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Yeah, I understand, but, you know, I can't see any of the pics except the front one, so I don't really know to well how ruined it looks inside. :grin:
Well that would it explain it :laugh:

View PostRast, on 09 November 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Great design, you have a talent for great level builds.i love that each level could be expanded.  super crisp photos aswell.
Thanks Rast :classic:
Posted Image

#35 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I really like the detailing on this build, it's so parts intensive but I think it paid off massively, especially in the floor and all your modified 1x1 plates.  It has a very gothic feel.  Your columns came out really well in the end, it was a great idea to make the whole thing modular.  Superb build and very good presentation, good luck!
:classic:
Rasputin Jones is restoring the King of Kaliphlin in Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View Postrobuko, on 20 November 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I really like the detailing on this build, it's so parts intensive but I think it paid off massively, especially in the floor and all your modified 1x1 plates.  It has a very gothic feel.  Your columns came out really well in the end, it was a great idea to make the whole thing modular.  Superb build and very good presentation, good luck!
:classic:
Thanks robuko! It's definitely my most parts intensive build yet :laugh: I learned about making stuff come apart in challenge III, if you don't photographing things is quite difficult when doing interiors :classic:
Posted Image

#37 Infernum

Infernum

• Rode his Snowvenom Dragon to victory!

Member: 32912

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Wow! There's too much here to take it all in with one viewing! Amazing build! :classic:
Toa Infernum, Sir Infernum of Mitgardia, Royal Architect of Mitgardia
My MOCpages
http://mocpages.com/home.php/91392

#38 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostInfernum, on 21 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Wow! There's too much here to take it all in with one viewing! Amazing build! :classic:
Thanks Infernum :classic:
Posted Image

#39 WilrickB

WilrickB

Member: 32809

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Wow! Really a very nice moc !

#40 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostWilrickB, on 21 November 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Thank you :classic:
Posted Image

#41 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Amazing build SK!  Every Challenge, I try not to look at Challenge entries before I finish my own, but I always seem to see an entry early on where I think "well, I am definitely going to have to be at my best for this challenge" and this time it was yours.  The three levels are great, but the bottom one is by far my favorite.  You've done a great job with all the details on your cavern walls and pillars, my favorite part being the gallery windows.  I also love the tents on the 2nd level and the carrying of the fish, and the lift on the top level is brilliant!  You always have done a great job with your rock work and foliage.  Awesome entry - definitely one of my favorites!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#42 Maxim I

Maxim I

• I just want an island named after me.

Member: 22634

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Wow really nicely done!!! Great use of that crane :)

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

Governor Maximilian Damaximus of Stedor, city of ESLANDOLA! President of the MAESTRO Trade Company.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#43 mrcp6d

mrcp6d

Member: 32887

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Not sure how I glossed over this one...  The Stonehenge-ish entry is pretty sweet, but that guy chopping the tree is gonna need a bigger axe!
Posted Image

#44 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postrogueang, on 26 November 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

Amazing build SK!  Every Challenge, I try not to look at Challenge entries before I finish my own, but I always seem to see an entry early on where I think "well, I am definitely going to have to be at my best for this challenge" and this time it was yours.  The three levels are great, but the bottom one is by far my favorite.  You've done a great job with all the details on your cavern walls and pillars, my favorite part being the gallery windows.  I also love the tents on the 2nd level and the carrying of the fish, and the lift on the top level is brilliant!  You always have done a great job with your rock work and foliage.  Awesome entry - definitely one of my favorites!
Thanks :sweet: I ended up redoing the windows on the bottom floor and I'm glad I did :thumbup:

View PostDaMaximus, on 26 November 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Wow really nicely done!!! Great use of that crane :)
Thanks, I'm somewhat surprised at the popularity of it, it seemed a logical thing to have though :classic:

View Postmrcp6d, on 27 November 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Not sure how I glossed over this one...  The Stonehenge-ish entry is pretty sweet, but that guy chopping the tree is gonna need a bigger axe!
Thanks, and he's just lopping the branches off, there's a pile next to him :wink:
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mitgardian Challenge V Entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users