Jump to content


The Ruins of Emraldon

Mitgardian Challenge V Entry

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Here's my entry to Challenge V "The Mystic Sanctum". Throne room inspired by Sirens-of-Titan, chipped pillars inspired by DARKspawn.

Daydelon was desolated by the elemental attacks so Sir Glorfindel took Fergus to see an old dwarf to lead the survivors to the ancient dwarven city of Emraldon.
Now they have established camp there and are living in uneasy quiet. The men hunt and fish or gather wood while the women and children pick berries or cook, soldiers keep a sharp lookout for any Corrupt Hand forces. The refugees have not ventured far into the tunnels staying mainly in the large cavern and awe-inspiring courtyard and throne room. The latter is strangely untouched by age.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
More pics here: http://brickbuilt.tk...arven-Ruins.php


Any C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 09 May 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • DAMN Heroica badass


    Posts: 12307
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Love it. You really nailed the challenge description, re-using an ancient structure as a camp. Half looks like a ramshackle command center, half looks like a hand-carved city. :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#3 Penkid11

Penkid11

  • Continuing adventures planned


    Posts: 2164
    Joined: 10-June 12
    Member: 29100
    Country: United States

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

WOW! Your WIP was nothing compared to the final product. That green and red floor is mesmerizing! The fact that all the components snap together is fantastic! Excellent job SK.
Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostCallMePie, on 02 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Love it. You really nailed the challenge description, re-using an ancient structure as a camp. Half looks like a ramshackle command center, half looks like a hand-carved city. :thumbup:
Thanks :sweet:

View PostPenkid11, on 02 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

WOW! Your WIP was nothing compared to the final product. That green and red floor is mesmerizing! The fact that all the components snap together is fantastic! Excellent job SK.
Thanks, I wanted the floor to be tiled and those were the only colors I had enough in, I learned after the third challenge to make stuff come apart so you can get decent pics :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

  • Ringleader


    Posts: 1270
    Joined: 25-May 11
    Member: 18031
    Country: America

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Damn. Now I know I'm not winning. This is just awesome. I can tell you put a lot into this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great work!
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#6 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

  • Little Boney


    Posts: 4815
    Joined: 23-October 06
    Member: 1043
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Great work man.  The bottom level feels a bit sparse outside the main building but there are a lot of great deal of little details that are just excellent.  You're best work by far.  A++

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!


Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#7 Niku

Niku

  • Wants two initials


    Posts: 1503
    Joined: 26-December 10
    Member: 14912
    Country: Guatemala

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Damn. Now I know I'm not winning. This is just awesome. I can tell you put a lot into this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great work!
plus 1.
I suscribe all previous comments too.
Great work.

Posted Image


Spoiler


#8 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

    Posts: 189
    Joined: 17-January 11
    Member: 15480
    Country: Germany

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

A truly impressive work that certainly raised the bar for all entries by quite a bit. The detailing of the underground temple is just amazing and the second level feels very much alive. Are those white huts supposed to be built out of snow/ice? If so, how did they get that much if the forest above is so green?

The single most unique feature, though, would probably be the working lift that connects the top level with the underground :thumbup:

Once again, great job on this and best of luck in the competition :classic:

Edited by Abu Dun, 02 November 2012 - 10:23 AM.


#9 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2277
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

no doubt your best, this is going to be really hard to beat!
good luck!
~Legonardo

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr


#10 Kayne

Kayne

    Posts: 973
    Joined: 01-January 12
    Member: 23719
    Country: Michiphlin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

I agree with those above, this is incredible!   Great job fitting into the challenge parameters with a build that is very unique

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)


#11 Mencot

Mencot

  • No! This is Maersk


    Posts: 930
    Joined: 25-December 11
    Member: 23524
    Country: Finland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Whoa this is so amazing, your an exellent builder.
All the floors on this creation, and that you can remove them like moduls is well done. Amazing
Really like the bottom floor, with the temple like structure (green and red floor, beutiful) great arcitecture.
There is like so much more one could say about this thing, but i don´t think there would be room for that
MyBricklink store   Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset, Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia, Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school)


Now playing as:





Keliim the Cruel in Heroica RPG

Stats


#12 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

  • Propping up Historica's freedom


    Posts: 3292
    Joined: 14-April 12
    Member: 27955
    Country: Chile/USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Great job! I love those trees and what I can see of the bottom floor (especially the door) looks fantastic! :thumbup: Nice detail with the fish as well!

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."


#13 monsinjor

monsinjor

    Posts: 674
    Joined: 10-August 12
    Member: 30140
    Country: Croatia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Very nice, a lot of detailing. Really a masterpiece.

#14 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 02 November 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Damn. Now I know I'm not winning. This is just awesome. I can tell you put a lot into this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Great work!
Thanks that means a lot to me :sweet:

View PostZCerberus, on 02 November 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Great work man.  The bottom level feels a bit sparse outside the main building but there are a lot of great deal of little details that are just excellent.  You're best work by far.  A++
Thanks Z, you're right about the first level, I wanted it to be somewhat open to convey the massiveness of it but I also ran out of figs and ideas :blush:

View PostNiku, on 02 November 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

plus 1.
I suscribe all previous comments too.
Great work.
Thanks Niku :classic:

View PostAbu Dun, on 02 November 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

A truly impressive work that certainly raised the bar for all entries by quite a bit. The detailing of the underground temple is just amazing and the second level feels very much alive. Are those white huts supposed to be built out of snow/ice? If so, how did they get that much if the forest above is so green?

The single most unique feature, though, would probably be the working lift that connects the top level with the underground :thumbup:

Once again, great job on this and best of luck in the competition :classic:
Thanks! The white huts are supposed to be fabric tents :classic:

View PostLegonardo, on 02 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

no doubt your best, this is going to be really hard to beat!
good luck!
~Legonardo
Thanks Legonardo, good luck to you too :classic:

View PostKayne, on 02 November 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

I agree with those above, this is incredible!   Great job fitting into the challenge parameters with a build that is very unique
Thanks Kayne :sweet:

View PostMencot, on 02 November 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Whoa this is so amazing, your an exellent builder.
All the floors on this creation, and that you can remove them like moduls is well done. Amazing
Really like the bottom floor, with the temple like structure (green and red floor, beutiful) great arcitecture.
There is like so much more one could say about this thing, but i don´t think there would be room for that
Thanks :classic:

View PostKai NRG, on 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Great job! I love those trees and what I can see of the bottom floor (especially the door) looks fantastic! :thumbup: Nice detail with the fish as well!
Thanks you, and thanks for your suggestion about the photo :thumbup:

View Postmonsinjor, on 02 November 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Very nice, a lot of detailing. Really a masterpiece.
Thanks :blush:

Edited by soccerkid6, 02 November 2012 - 12:43 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#15 kabel

kabel

  • lower case


    Posts: 2976
    Joined: 19-July 09
    Member: 6745
    Country: Germany

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Great Soccerkid, this has truely become an awesome piece of LEGO art. When I first saw your wip pics I didn't really know as to where you would take this, but the final result is absolutely convincing. I love it!
So once again I will not score a single point in the competition ...
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet


Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#16 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

View Postkabel, on 02 November 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Great Soccerkid, this has truely become an awesome piece of LEGO art. When I first saw your wip pics I didn't really know as to where you would take this, but the final result is absolutely convincing. I love it!
So once again I will not score a single point in the competition ...
Thank you kabel, even if you don't, and I think you will,  you've done more for Mitgardia than probably anyone other than Ecclesiastes or SoT :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#17 Torgar

Torgar

  • Raven Master, Zugal Collaborator


    Posts: 491
    Joined: 24-June 12
    Member: 29361

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Excelent build! I love the green and red tiles and the lift. well done! :thumbup:

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image


My Flickr


#18 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostTorgar, on 02 November 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Excelent build! I love the green and red tiles and the lift. well done! :thumbup:
Thanks Torgar :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#19 Andy D

Andy D

  • Older than Dirt


    Posts: 1123
    Joined: 24-August 10
    Member: 12805
    Country: USA (So Cal)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Very, very (I can't put in enough very's) impressive!  All the little and BIG details.  The interiors are amazing.  And since I am currently studying LEGO trees, your pine trees made from palm tree leaves and branches just blew me away.  How did you do that?

Edit: After more study, I think I figured it out. Did you use bars bteween the rounds to attach the leaves?

Great, great, great!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D, 02 November 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Less spending, more building is my plan for 2012!
Get organized and build more is my plan for 2013!
Just build more is my plan for 2014! (Good luck with that!)
Neatness counts!
Let's go sorting

#20 Wedge09

Wedge09

  • One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!


    Posts: 2987
    Joined: 18-July 12
    Member: 29763
    Country: Italy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Fantastic MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick


Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes


Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica


P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309


#21 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostAndy D, on 02 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Very, very (I can't put in enough very's) impressive!  All the little and BIG details.  The interiors are amazing.  And since I am currently studying LEGO trees, your pine trees made from palm tree leaves and branches just blew me away.  How did you do that?

Edit: After more study, I think I figured it out. Did you use bars bteween the rounds to attach the leaves?

Great, great, great!

Andy D
Thanks! The trees are quite simple, the trunk is made of barrels with 2x2 round plates on top so the plates can rotate. Each layer of branches has four leaves going in opposite directions with others hooked up to the bottom of leaves as necessary. I can take some pics if this doesn't make sense :classic:

View PostWedge09, on 02 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Fantastic MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it :wink:
Thank you :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#22 Mike S

Mike S

  • New Daddy!


    Posts: 1630
    Joined: 13-February 12
    Member: 26273
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Very nice! I love that elevator! And the rest is great as well!

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#23 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 02 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Very nice! I love that elevator! And the rest is great as well!
Thanks, the elevator was one of the last details I thought of, glad I included it :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#24 de Gothia

de Gothia

  • Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.


    Posts: 2029
    Joined: 25-May 11
    Member: 18035
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

This is just epic! So much to love in the build! The tents inside, the crane, the throne room! Just wow!

I really think that you and LD have improved your building skills the most and the best during this whole GoH! Great too see!

de Gothia of Avalonia



My Flickr


#25 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5797
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

View Postde Gothia, on 03 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

This is just epic! So much to love in the build! The tents inside, the crane, the throne room! Just wow!

I really think that you and LD have improved your building skills the most and the best during this whole GoH! Great too see!
Thanks dG :sweet:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mitgardian Challenge V Entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users