Backhoe Loader Concept

9 replies to this topic

#1 Foggy

Foggy

Member: 28096

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hi all, I just found this interesting design...
Seems so strange compared to the "classic" ones we use to see all over the world nowadays..

http://www.en-derin....e-year-of-2020#

#2 legomuppet9

legomuppet9

Member: 32645

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

However, it does look like a very improved design, and an interesting one to make out of Lego....

#3 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Interesting!

Posted Image

#4 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Okay, who wants to try? :D
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#5 freakwave

freakwave

Member: 9247

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Mh, it got a solar panel... to power itself...a lot to do for engineers till 2020 to achieve it :classic:

I am not sure to judge this. It looks weird, and having the (wide) front shovel with only one connection point looks like trouble to me if the load is not distributed evenly in the bucket.

... And anyone mind explaining me the "augmented reality 3D camera use"? Why does this thing has windows then? :wink:

#6 Jim

Jim

• Tim, Jed, Ted, Jim...something like that

Member: 19306

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

View Postfreakwave, on 30 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

... And anyone mind explaining me the "augmented reality 3D camera use"? Why does this thing has windows then? :wink:
Augmented reality adds (digital) information to reality, so the added information (which the 3D camera records) is probably projected on the screen. You can see the real world, combined with additional useful information.

That's what I make of it, but I could be entirely wrong :wink:

Edited by Gekke Ted, 30 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#7 allanp

allanp

Member: 961

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

TBH, it looks, erm, not very good! Kinda modern for the sake of looking modern at the expence of strength (look at how some of the tiny hydraulics are mounted) and ruggedness (that wide front bucket on the end of a single beam can't be good!)
Even the best can be made better, but most important is to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!!!!!!

#8 dhc6twinotter

dhc6twinotter

Member: 10485

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

That's an interesting machine.  I like the telescopic front and rear scoops, as well as the front stabilizers.    The offset cab is intriguing.  This JCB looks more like a telehandler with a front scoop and a backhoe added.

The entire machine appears to be designed for light duty applications, so single beam on the loader is probably sufficient.

#9 freakwave

freakwave

Member: 9247

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostGekke Ted, on 30 October 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

Augmented reality adds (digital) information to reality, so the added information (which the 3D camera records) is probably projected on the screen. You can see the real world, combined with additional useful information.

That's what I make of it, but I could be entirely wrong :wink:
It would make (a little) sense to me in a kind of head-up-display...But still having a nearly 360° field of view is the best point in avoiding damage or getting the job done.  :classic:
The best AR-Apps I have seen so far is the flight tracker which you point in the sky at a plane and the app gives you the flgiht number and plane information and the ones for the Alpine panoramas that give you the summit names.

May be this give you the information where to drop the dirt

#10 Jim

Jim

• Tim, Jed, Ted, Jim...something like that

Member: 19306

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

View Postfreakwave, on 31 October 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

It would make (a little) sense to me in a kind of head-up-display...But still having a nearly 360° field of view is the best point in avoiding damage or getting the job done.  :classic:
The best AR-Apps I have seen so far is the flight tracker which you point in the sky at a plane and the app gives you the flgiht number and plane information and the ones for the Alpine panoramas that give you the summit names.

May be this give you the information where to drop the dirt
True, the actual information used to augment the reality is not entirely obvious. Maybe there's a Backhoe driver in the house to shed some light on this matter :sweet:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users