Drake-Catapult

Nocturnus Free Build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Member: 15480

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Even though the inhabitants of the Dragonpeaks had not much business with the dealings of Historica before, the troops of Victor Revolword march by their fiefdom without ravaging several cities. To meet the increasing threat, Thror III. ordered his best engineers to design a variety of warmachines that are to provide supportive artillery for the foot soldiers - and to rain rocks and missiles down on the enemies that dare to besiege their wealthy cities.

One of the mightiest machines built is a twin-armed catapult that requires the strength of two green drakes to be pulled:
Posted Image

While the drakes are just as sentient as all dragons, Argavius, leader of the palace guard, was bestowed with the command of the artillery unit that is to increase the military might of the Dragon peaks.

Able to launch massive rocks as far as 300 meters, enemy troops will forthwith be hard pressed to get near the walls.

More pictures can be found at Flickr. C&C are most welcome.

Note: This is a modified version of the official catapult, which was part of the set 7021.

Edited by Abu Dun, 29 October 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#2 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

That really looks nice, I like the smoothness of the creation and the two green dragons! :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Impressive catapult! I like how you incorporated the dragons and the spikes on the wheels are a nice touch :thumbup: Very nice work and it's great to see a Nocturnus build :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Member: 15480

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the quick replies :classic:

View PostKai NRG, on 29 October 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

That really looks nice, I like the smoothness of the creation and the two green dragons! :thumbup:
The classic dragons actually have the perfect size to have them pull heavy warmachines and I intend to keep this up when I'm going to build more of those.

View Postsoccerkid6, on 29 October 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Impressive catapult! I like how you incorporated the dragons and the spikes on the wheels are a nice touch :thumbup: Very nice work and it's great to see a Nocturnus build :classic:
Since I think it's already done faily well, I didn't change the main body of the catapult all that much when comparing it to the official version, so it's not really my design. I mostly added the two drakes to have someone pull it, altered the shield section to some degree and, where possible, tried to conceal the technic beams to a greater degree and added more details overall :classic:

#5 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Nice MOC! Looks like it could be a classic Dragon Knight set.

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nocturnus Free Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users