Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

The Empire's new Super Weapon SW ROTS CB

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The Empire's new Super Weapon

The Emperor has a new toy

There is no technical building details here, I just wanted to recreate on of the most iconic scenes from ROTS and contribute to the SW ROTS CB. I wanted to keep the stud count down ( there is plenty in space though :tongue: ). I kept running out of parts to build the details I wanted (but this always happens to me) so I had to simplify it a little.

The scene is a little bigger that shown and I built 5 windows all up for the bridge but cant be seen from the shots taken. I ran out of sloped control panels in grey and light bluish grey and wanted to fill the panel. Also ran out of inverted slopes both 2x2 and 2x3 and could not extend the roof up much more. You can see a mix of both old grey and light bluish grey and I still ran out of parts. Also noticed a difference between the old and new 2x3 inverted slopes that I didn't know about seen in the image below (well you learn something new every day :wink: ).

I also ran out of imperial officers to fill the pit. I had originally planed to put in more on both sided of the walk way but this is all I had. Its hard to tell but I have raise Vader with single square studs on this feet to make him taller than the rather short Emperor.

Vader joining the Emperor to over see the construction of the Empire's new Super Weapon on the Ventor's bridge.

img_0690x800x600.jpg

View from the bridge pit with imperials working hard and taking orders.

img_0691x800x600.jpg

Over looking the construction of the death star.

img_0698x800x600.jpg

img_0699x800x600.jpg

I have put a little .gif together as my iPhone dose not have much depth of field for the last two images.

ventor_bridge.gif

I hope you guys like it!

What a fun little build full of nice details. I love the computer elements, interpretation of the Death Star, and of course the photography! Great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A subtle way of making Vader tower over Sidious there.

Fantastic build, especialy those walls and things in the pits.

Very nice recreation :thumbup:

I've started to build that exact same scene in LDD, but you did better than me. But I've put 2 plates to "raise" Darthie :wink:

img_0699x800x600.jpg

Did something like this before, but this looks way better :thumbup: I love it :wub:

Gonna try and do the same with my build :tongue:

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Venator bridge is really good and real :wink: :wink:

Even with limited parts, this is very well done and easily recognizeable! Just remember, in photography, people only see what you show them. :wink:

Well done wokajablocka, in my opinion you did a terrific job at creating a very convincing bridge scene. :thumbup: It's instantly recognizable and i love all the nice details like the crew pit, the death star and the way you built the windows. I do think a studless approach would have looked a bit better on the black background, but given the fact you only had a limited supply of bricks to work with, i can understand why you used plates there.

What a fun little build full of nice details. I love the computer elements, interpretation of the Death Star, and of course the photography! Great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Dapper, I originally wanted to brick build a death star but was turning out too big. The radar dish piece worked well for the scale.

This is fantastic! I love the scene in the movie but it's better in LEGO :wink: . Very nice done! :thumbup:

Thanks you for the lovely comment, I tried to do justice to such an iconic scene.

A subtle way of making Vader tower over Sidious there. Fantastic build, especialy those walls and things in the pits.

I need to to put in extra little details and thought making Darth taller was appropriate.

Very nice recreation :thumbup: I've started to build that exact same scene in LDD, but you did better than me. But I've put 2 plates to "raise" Darthie :wink:

Thanks Bob, I will need to check it out for comparison when your finished mate. Your more than welcome to use any ideas from my build.

Did something like this before, but this looks way better :thumbup: I love it :wub: Gonna try and do the same with my build :tongue:

Thanks Moexy, as I said to Bob I would like to check it out and your welcome to steal any ideas from my build.

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup: The Venator bridge is really good and real :wink: :wink:

Thank you, I had mixed feeling about this while building it. I was not sure if I had enough detailing in it but I'm pretty pleased with the end result though.

Even with limited parts, this is very well done and easily recognizable! Just remember, in photography, people only see what you show them. :wink:

When I get time I will post a few more pics of the whole build (not that you want to see it :tongue: ). I did really want to build the whole room but part limitations are killing my ideas.

Well done wokajablocka, in my opinion you did a terrific job at creating a very convincing bridge scene. :thumbup: It's instantly recognizable and i love all the nice details like the crew pit, the death star and the way you built the windows. I do think a studless approach would have looked a bit better on the black background, but given the fact you only had a limited supply of bricks to work with, i can understand why you used plates there.

Thank you very much DFOL, I really should have got a studless back ground but was hard with element limitations and didn't really want to de a non Lego background so this was the compromise. I was originally going to photoshop the movie scene in to the background after my attempts at a brick built Death Star was not working, but I'm happy with my current build for the Death Star. It would be the second small scale Death Star I have made now, the other one on my Minifig display stand in my sig :wink: .

My favorite part of it must be the Death Star in the background

Thanks, I almost didn't build a Death Star but Im glad I did, you cant beat brick built details.

Love the forced perspective! Very simple yet ingenius.

Thanks Walter, I didn't really think of it being forced perspective but your right it is :grin: .

Edited by wokajablocka