[WIP] Mini medieval diorama

26 replies to this topic

#1 aquapuke

aquapuke

Member: 21403

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hello, long time no see!

I've found some time to build and I've started to build 6 plate mini diorama revolving around the house I've had in my mind for a while. So far I've managed to build most of the house and some landscape (pictures some other time).
Here are a few pics of progress.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is still much work to do, I'm still not entirely sure how to finish the tower and I plan to add some details. Some parts I don't really like that much, but right now I can't help it (roof), but all in all I'm satisfied.

C&C are welcome! Bye for now!

#2 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Great start.  The tower is stunning.  I love the vine / plant growing on it. :wub:
I like the house too, particularly the colour combination and that it melds into the tower.  The only thing I'm not so sure about is the red in the roof

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#3 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostKristel, on 28 October 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the red in the roof

Yup, I agree and I have changed it after I've took the pictures. I removed most of the red, except the part where roofs connect, since I don't have black roof connectors.

#4 TheLegoNinja

TheLegoNinja

• Redcoats, redcoats, redcoats!

Member: 29307

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

I love The Tower. I see you have read derfel Cadarn's tutorial? I cant wait to see pics of the landscape with the building!
Have you seen him? Probably not, he's a NINJA.

Joseph Chuikov of the Guild of Kaliphlin

Posted Image

#5 El H

El H

Member: 22259

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

The tower looks amazing and I like the sand green SNOT water.

I know this is WIP, I imagine your next move will be to build up the flat green baseplate areas to add detail and texture? The whole scene will be improved once you do.

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Stunning tower/house :wub: Looking forward to seeing more :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#7 KristofBD

KristofBD

Member: 6258

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Great job so far - it really has potential. What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.
Trouble is brewing...
                                                           Posted Image

#8 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

That tower is a beuaty for sure! I love the stairs leading up the house!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#9 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thank you very much on the comments!

View PostKristofBD, on 28 October 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.

Yeah, it bothered me quite a while how to make oval window frame that looks natural and how to avoid gaps those little windows tend to make. Although, I'll try to put black latices on windows instead of gold ones, it might look better..

Hopefully, I'll make some more progress this week and post some more pictures.

#10 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Really nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

Simple and small but detailed :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#11 Lasse

Lasse

Member: 31840

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Very nice tower :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to see the finish MOC.
Lasse Vestergård

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

That is absolutely a great start! The houses are well designed and the tower is excellent with the vegetation on it!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#13 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

What  fantastic start to a MOC! I agree with others...The tower is great, and DC's Guide inspired many wonderful medieval MOCs. The plants around the tower give a great effect. And use of plates and mostly 1x1 round plates is great for a curved walls.

For the roof, I'd go with red/dark red combination, with majority in dark red, or the other way around db grey/black. It would give more texture. Wonder what it looks like now.

View Postaquapuke, on 28 October 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Yup, I agree and I have changed it after I've took the pictures. I removed most of the red, except the part where roofs connect, since I don't have black roof connectors.

The windows are amazing. Great way to position them upside-down to cover the gaps. Although, I like them with gold lattice, I think it goes well with reddish brown and tan.

View PostKristofBD, on 28 October 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Great job so far - it really has potential. What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.

Looking forward to see more from you. :thumbup:
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#14 Duce

Duce

Member: 29969

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Love that tower! the vines look really well done, is there any interior details in the house?

#15 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostDuce, on 29 October 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Love that tower! the vines look really well done, is there any interior details in the house?

Not at this moment, but I hope that after I'm done with landscape and everything else, I'll build interior. Only tricky part will be making floors in the tower, but I'll think something up .

#16 Duce

Duce

Member: 29969

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

What about those rounded Corner trangle type bricks, 2 flat edges and a rounded side? 4 of those with some bricks to make it to size could allow for easy flooring.

#17 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hello again! Here are a few pics of progress:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind that even things that look finished, are not. I constantly change details and add and remove them. There are no vines on the tower at the moment, since the sometimes get in the way, but I'll put them back later. So much for now. Thanks again for comments and constructive ideas!

#18 Deathleech

Deathleech

Member: 29067

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I liked the gold in the windows much more than the current black you have, it made them pop a lot more.  I also think the roof still looks kind of odd with the red only being in the corner and in a few other spots throughout the roof.  I'm not sure all black would help much either because it seems so stark, maybe a different color completely?  Or if you do use black, maybe make a trim around the roof top, sides, and bottom to make it stand out more?

As for the other additions, I am totally digging the well/water fountain, the swampy area in the back with all the vegetation, and the new court with the statue. When you add the vines back in going up the tower I think this part of the MOC will look even more AMAZING!

#19 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

View PostDeathleech, on 30 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I liked the gold in the windows much more than the current black you have, it made them pop a lot more.  I also think the roof still looks kind of odd with the red only being in the corner and in a few other spots throughout the roof.  I'm not sure all black would help much either because it seems so stark, maybe a different color completely?  Or if you do use black, maybe make a trim around the roof top, sides, and bottom to make it stand out more?

Yeah, I see your point, Red/black roof came out of shortage of other roof colors, and I have a problem with connecting those two roof parts together in different techniques. I'll try to put all red roof and see how that works out. Thanks!

#20 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Looks great so far, I have to agree with Deathleech about the red but the well especially looks fantastic!  And I'm loving that round tower! :wub:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Master of Petraea University

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#21 aquapuke

aquapuke

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hello again,

The house is finally finished, I have changed quite a few things, now I'll start doing landscape, since I didn't really like original idea all that much. Few pics for now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Goodbye for now!

#22 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

So...many...rounds...:oh:

Thisbis looking fantastic! The ivy going up the tower looks very realistic, it looks as though it actually grew up around it. That little fountain is neat, nice piece usage for the tiny waterfall. Great work. I look forward to the next update.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#23 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

The house looks much better know. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#24 Infernum

Infernum

• Fears his own beard

Member: 32912

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Wow! This looks great! Where did you get all the 1x1s? Bricklink? PAB? :sweet:
Toa Infernum, Sir Infernum of Mitgardia, Royal Architect of Mitgardia
My MOCpages
http://mocpages.com/home.php/91392

#25 Crownie

Crownie

Member: 33874

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Oh my goodness! Can I shrink myself and live inside?

This 'ultra-detailed micro' style of building is still kind of new to me, but I really like the direction you've taken the house in. The fountain out front is an especially great touch.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users