Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

Halo Video Games Discussion

There wasn't a true thread for all of the games, so I thought I'd make one.

I myself have been ejoiny watching Forward Unto Dawn each Friday. Has anyone else been watching them?

I also can't wait for the game to come out, it's going to be good!

Same here; large fan of the Halo series, eagerly anticipating Halo 4's release.

Been following FuD and it's surpassed my expectations. Sad to see next week will be the final episode. I'm hoping the series turns out to be successful enough to garner interest in another Halo series, or even the revival of the fabled movie.

Regarding Halo 4, I pre-ordered the standard edition several months ago and have been looking forward to the game since its announcement last year. It's shaping up to be a very good game, though some of the changes they've made are... controversial, to say the least. It's definitely going to surpass Reach, at the very least.

I am a huge fan of the Halo series, and too have been following the Forward Unto Dawn series, and think it's great.

I've read all of the books, except the Forrunner series, and have all the games, played through hundreds of times, and still play Reach online quite a bit. I'm incredibly excited for

Halo 4, and pre ordered the limited edition Console, and might get the limited edition game just for the bonus features.

I've only played the games, never read any of the stories behind it, but I've enjoyed the game since 2001 when I got the first X-Box. I never even heard of it, but my friend Chris said X-Box is what you need to get and Halo will be amazing. So I took the plunge and never looked back. I got a PS2 that year also, but I didn't play it that much. It basically collects dust. But the Halo games have been well used in my household. I remember standing outside in the cold waiting for GameStop to open for the Halo 2 release. I much prefer the story to Halo, but Reach was pretty decent. I thought 2 and 3 were pretty short and I never played ODST.

I doubt I will get 4 when it comes out because I don't have much time for video games these days, but if my brother-in-law gets it we'll play it to death.

I've thought about getting some, but never committed, do you know if they're any good? I prefer to get Brickarms and Brickforge pieces and make MOCs.

I've played all the games but only own 1 and 2 for PC, read all the books except for the Forerunner ones and The Thursday War, and already made a deal with a friend to play 4 as soon as it comes out at his place. Behind Zelda, I'd have to say Halo is my 2nd favourite series ever.

Also haven't really considered the MegaBloks sets; for now, I'll probably just go with their action figures.

I play halo as a hardcore player, but I havnen't been watching FuD because I bought the limited and intend to watch the extened edition.

P.S What difficulty are you guys going to play on the first time through? I'll probaly play it on Heroic

I'm working on the Forerunner series right now as it's the only series my library has. :hmpf_bad:

I play halo as a hardcore player, but I havnen't been watching FuD because I bought the limited and intend to watch the extened edition.

Yeah I'm going to buy it too, at least when it comes out.

I'll probably pick Halo 4 up around Christmas. I've played a little bit of every game, and had Reach for quite some time. Not a huge follower of the story, I rarely spend time on shooter game campaigns, but I admit Halo's the exception, so I'll probably try it out nonetheless. Really excited for Flood mode. Infection made up half of what I played in Reach. :grin: It looks to be a fantastic game.

I've been a fan of Halo since 2007 and when I got my Xbox 360 in February of the same year I didn't know much about it. I got crackdown with my consol and saw this little sticker about the Beta, since then I've been hooked. I've played all the games including halo wars, read nearly all the books,watch halo legends, read a few of the comics/graphic novels and am currently watching forward unto dawn. Today I picked up the new book Thursdays war and I'm going to try and get through it before Halo 4. To me it's one of the best sci-fi universes ever!

I myself have been ejoiny watching Forward Unto Dawn each Friday. Has anyone else been watching them?

I'm not a gamer, but I've been following this 5-part movie series over in YouTube, and I could really aprreciate how well it's done for a movie project that isn't as high-budgeted as true commercial films. :thumbup:

It was great to finally see Master Chief in action in Part 4! He really is The Bossand is so badass! :grin: Looking forward for the final part this Friday!

I'm not a gamer, but I've been following this 5-part movie series over in YouTube, and I could really aprreciate how well it's done for a movie project that isn't as high-budgeted as true commercial films. default_thumbup.gif

It was great to finally see Master Chief in action in Part 4! He really is The Bossand is so badass! :grin: Looking forward for the final part this Friday!

Yeah, I would LOVE to see a full length Halo film, maybe some day...

I'm very excited for it too, but also a bit sad, it's the last one, and I don't want the series to be over! :grin:

That was awesome, I watched it again just so I could see the awesome action. :tongue:

FuD definitely makes it look like full length Halo film could be possible, even moreso than all of the other live action promotional videos for the last handful of Halo games. It would be amazing if they brought that project back to life. I'd even like a CGI movie, if it looks anything like the cutscenes from Halo Wars

Those of you watching it, what did you think of the episode? I really enjoyed seeing the hunter, that was just sweet. A fitting end to the series. They did an excellent job and I do hope to see a Halo movie one day.

And the game comes out tomorrow! :wub_drool:

Well I have to say that Halo 4 is one of the best games on Xbox. I loved every minute of it. A things I didn't like was the look of the Covies and the sound of the new Warthog.

I just finished Halo 4. I have to say that it feels a bit too short and

The Didact's death was terrible for a badass character.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I just finished Halo 4. I have to say that it feels a bit too short and

The Didact's death was terrible for a badass character.

Agreed, considering one of the if not the top Forerunner general got blown up by what he considered an inferior species' ballistic weapon.

Also sucks that Cortana had to die. :(

Well I just got to play some Halo Four today, up to the E3 level, and I must say what I've seen has been great! So far I'm really liking the turn the story is taking. Hope I can find time to play the rest of the game sometime.

Halo: Nightfall introduces a pivotal new character, Jameson Locke, a legendary manhunter and agent with the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI), Earth’s most powerful and secretive military branch. When he and his team are caught in a horrific biological attack, they unravel a plot that draws them to an ancient, hellish artifact, where they will be forced to fight for their survival, question everything, and ultimately choose between their loyalties and their lives.

Taking place between the events of Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, Halo: Nightfall is Locke’s origin story which will lend insight and understanding into the character he becomes in Halo 5: Guardians.

Sounds half decent. I'd prefer to see some Spartan action but we'll see. Something like the Kilo-five books would be perfect.

Wait is this the show?? And is it this November or next November? I'm not sure I heard too much about Nightfall.

Edited by Ultron

I think it is the show; maybe. It's leading up to Guardians. So this November since the Guardians beta is December.

I'll admit, the show looks amazing, but I'm curious to how the story will play out and IF it will premier on an actual channel, or if it will be streamed via the Xbox.