Lego Hobbit An Unexpected Journey:Riddles for the Ring Review

Number:79000

Theme:The Hobbit

Subtheme:Lord of the Rings

Price:17 euro

Minifigs:2

Pieces:TBA

The photos:http://www.flickr.co...hoto_8124258232

So this is my first official review(so no bad comments) and also the first official Hobbit review on the forum!!!

It was quite a suprise when I got the set so early especially here in Greece,so I'll do my best to give a good review.

So here the minifigs:Bilbo and Gollum,lets take a closer look.

8124255718_a3200ba88d_c.jpg

8124239283_8fb31cccd9_c.jpg

Bilbo:He comes with the "Sting" and the One Ring as accessories,he has Sam's hair piece a brand new head piece and a new torso,his torso is nice designed with a lot details and also simple at the same time,I cant say that I'm a big fan of the hobbit minifigs because all of them are almost exactly the same,but Bilbo is surely my favorite,his head piece is also detailed but the only thing that bothers me is that he looks older in his minifig form and in the movie his more younger,over all Biblo is great and if you're maniac LOTR/Hobbit collector like me you'll appreciate it.

Gollum:If you have the Shelob set he'll be familiar with you,but this time his face is more menacing and more angrier,his body piece is exactly the same from the shellob set and he also comes with his tasty fish as always,it was nice of LEGO to make gollum look different on this set to make it even more collectable.Overall Gollum is great,and if you want him on your collection get him now because I cant imagine any other set including this version.

The set:so in this set you get a small cave with a play feature and Gollum's boat.

8124258232_924afb6ae5_c.jpg

The Boat:There isn't something special to talk about even it's so simple the bones makes it scary :tongue:

8124241339_5a2c32270c_c.jpg

The Cave: I really like the design of the cave,like every other LOTR set its creative,it comes with small game feature actually you can open the rock doors and make the ring pop out.

8124240803_1b397f57ac_c.jpg

8124258814_41302c3e94_c.jpg

Overall:Minigures:9/10 Bilbo and Gollum are great

Built:Easy and entertaining 10/10

Price:Painful but worth it 5/10

So this was my very first review,sorry for my bad language but I keep getting better.More reviews coming soon.

Edited by ZCerberus
Added pictures, fixed some spelling.

Hello, nice review, congrats on getting it so early :laugh:

it would be great if you post the images here though, the review would be much better!

thanks!

~Legonardo

I wish I could but it didnt let me upload the pics

right click teh images on flickr, find the correct size, right click again and select "image URL".

click the image icon when posting and ctr + v in the slot, it should look like this

eg:

{img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8046/8124032793_1217c27111_z.jpg[/img]

Edited by Legonardo

Great thanks! Can you also give some information about the dark tan pieces in the set? (just to be able to make an assessment of the parts in the set :sweet: )

Fixed.

Check out the tutorial for adding pictures here.

Newer members- all kinds of helpful tutorials here!

Wow thanks alot for fixing it mate. I'll try y best to learn how to upload pics myself.And again thanks :sweet:

Great thanks! Can you also give some information about the dark tan pieces in the set? (just to be able to make an assessment of the parts in the set :sweet: )

Can you tell me exactly what you want to know about the pieces? How many pieces does the sets includes,that kind of info??

Thanks for the review. I don't mind the rock piece as I think it looks alright and has a decent function. Bilbo in his red coat also looks fantastic, and the same Gollum mold with a different face is ok. What really bugs me about this set is the boat though. I think it looks horrible and the bones just look off. I guess they did that to keep the set price down so they didn't have to include one of those molded boats from the Pirates line, but it just looks awful imo. At least this time the smallest set is only $9.99 vs the $12.99 that Gandalf Arrives was (though I feel Gandalf Arrives was superior, even if it was the worst set in the first LotR wave).

Thanks for the review. I'm torn on this set. I don't mind being a completist, but that Gollum is barely different from the Shelob version from my looking at Brickset. His eyes are more squinty and he might be showing more teeth, but that is about it. Not sure if it is worth the 10$. I may wait until after I get the other sets to decide. But the red coat Bilbo is neat. Maybe a second coat would come in handy.

I don't mind the rock pieces. They needed to add something. I don't know much about that part of the book/movie, so I don't know how accurate it is.

I don't mind the rock pieces. They needed to add something. I don't know much about that part of the book/movie, so I don't know how accurate it is.

In the book Bilbo finds the ring laying on the ground near where he passes out. It looks like the rock formation is suppose to represent the island Gollum lives on in the cave, so it appears this is something different in the movie from the book. That, or Lego just totally went off and did their own thing so this set has a play feature.

In the book Bilbo finds the ring laying on the ground near where he passes out. It looks like the rock formation is suppose to represent the island Gollum lives on in the cave, so it appears this is something different in the movie from the book. That, or Lego just totally went off and did their own thing so this set has a play feature.

Probably the latter. Great review! I'm happy you finally decided to do it.

Thanks guys!! I'm planing to buy the mirkwood spider set also,so expect a review next week.

Awesome! I'm excited to see what the back of Fili's hair looks like. I wan to know if a sword sheath like Dastan's from PoP could fit and hold his two swords rather than a quiver.

Awesome! I'm excited to see what the back of Fili's hair looks like. I wan to know if a sword sheath like Dastan's from PoP could fit and hold his two swords rather than a quiver.

No worries I'll try to make the review as much detailed as I can.

Yea one extra ring

Ah, so they've toned it down from 3 one rings in the LOTR sets. :laugh: Nice review, it's cool how we got to see some pictures from this set so early. :classic: I'll be looking forward to your Mirkwood Spider review!

Ah, so they've toned it down from 3 one rings in the LOTR sets. :laugh: Nice review, it's cool how we got to see some pictures from this set so early. :classic: I'll be looking forward to your Mirkwood Spider review!

Thanks,I wont disappoint.