Favorite Elf Figure

Lord of The Rings Elf Legolas Elrond Haldir CMF Poll The Hobbit

59 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Elf Figure (87 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite LEGO Elf Figure

1. Elf Butler (1 votes [1.15%])

Percentage of vote: 1.15%

2. CMF Elf (24 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

3. Elrond (17 votes [19.54%])

Percentage of vote: 19.54%

4. Haldir (21 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

5. Elf Guard (5 votes [5.75%])

Percentage of vote: 5.75%

6. Legolas (Lord of the Rings) (6 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

7. Legolas (The Hobbit) (2 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

8. Tauriel (11 votes [12.64%])

Percentage of vote: 12.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 AmperZand

AmperZand

Member: 2470

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostGryphon Ink, on 25 October 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

This is what I was thinking.  And then, the CMF Elf can be, wait for it D&D players... a half-elf!

Not originally a D&D thing: Elrond and some others in Middle Earth already are half-elves.

Nice idea but I still can't stomach the idea of fleshies for any demi-human or human-like race (wizard, elf, dwarf or hobbit). After all, in the films (if not the books), all had the same skintones. So if LEGO humans are yellow, the other Tolkienesque races should too.
My Brickshelf Gallery
From Family Guy... Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."

#27 Venkefedo

Venkefedo

Member: 30829

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Consider them Drow, then... only instead of dark skin like in Forgotten Realms, they have pale fleshy skin like you might expect from beings living in fancy caves all their lives! :D And...they dye their white hair to achieve browns & yellows. Yeah, that'll do it!

#28 Gryphon Ink

Gryphon Ink

• Confused by the Madness!

Member: 14286

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostAmperZand, on 26 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Not originally a D&D thing: Elrond and some others in Middle Earth already are half-elves...

I still can't stomach the idea of fleshies for any demi-human or human-like race (wizard, elf, dwarf or hobbit). After all, in the films (if not the books), all had the same skintones. So if LEGO humans are yellow, the other Tolkienesque races should too.

I didn't mean that it was an original D&D concept.  There's very little fantasy lore that was actually invented for D&D.  Just about everything in the original rules and campaign setttings was adapted from well-known tropes in fantasy literature.  However, Elves and Dwarves are hardly Tolkien's invention (although the idiosyncratic spelling might be), so I see no need to play by Tolkien's rules unless I'm actually building Middle-Earth scenes.  I honestly think the Holy Flesh vs. Yellow War is pretty overblown, but of course I don't have a tenth the number of yellow minifigs some veteran fans have.

Edited by Gryphon Ink, 26 October 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 KristofBD

KristofBD

Member: 6258

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

The Elf guard for me: he is generic and still distinct. :sweet:
Trouble is brewing...
                                                           Posted Image

#30 Albus

Albus

Member: 32683

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Tauriel is my favourite I think. Both Elves in "Escape from Mirkwood Spiders" are very cool, there's something about them, their colours are very rich, appropriate for Mirkwood I think. Tauriel's hair, face, prints and even the re-used PoP daggers make her look really good, even if we know little about her character.

#31 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

The "Elf butler" was always a guy I liked it because he loves the wine too much and he got the blame for the escaping of the dwarves. He was the woodelf who you could most identify with, because he was quite human, instead of the quite cold woodelfking. (Elrond was desribed in the hobbit as a human who looked a bit elvish and his elves were a totally other people.)

But actually I find all elves very nice. (a pity there wasn't a battlepack with CMF elves)
Duke of Equestria

#32 Leo Crimson

Leo Crimson

Member: 29250

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Probably the LOTR Legolas.

#33 Simon_S

Simon_S

• STILL wants to join Nocturnus

Member: 29945

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

My favourite is still the CMF elf. He has yellow ears :grin: The only right LEGO colour :thumbup:

No... :snicker: I'm actually not a flesh-hater, but I really like the printing on the CMF, also because it has a lot potential, means you can use him to create a lot of other figures, which don't have do be elves :wink:
The only point, which speaks against it is the hair. The longer one from Lotr is so much cooler!

#34 Venkefedo

Venkefedo

Member: 30829

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I agree, the long LOTR hair is much cooler, but the short has one key advantage: the quiver! For elven archers, it's really nice to have room for a quiver. That said, (and I may be repeating myself), I hope we get another CMF Elf with a yellow-ear LOTR hairpiece sometime. I don't care if it's a maiden, mage, warrior, sorceress, or butler... more yellow-ear hairpieces (long AND short) in various hair colors! I wouldn't even mind the Moria/Mordor Orc hairpieces with yellow ears. It could just be an elf with wonkier ears than normal (but could be pretty cool on an Elven Rogue/Thief maybe)

#35 SirBlake

SirBlake

Member: 28826

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

This question is tougher than I thought it would be.

I lusted after the CMF elf for quite a long time and finally got one. I may not be objective on that one, but one aspect I really like about it is how it just fits with kingdoms era minifigs. I don't care much for the yellow/fleshie debate. They're both cool for their own reasons.

I like LotR Legolas a lot (especially compared to the too-long tunic Hobbit version), and the other green generic Hobbit elf. They really work for that prototypical wood elf style.

#36 Magnus el Arkovia

Magnus el Arkovia

Member: 32828

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Elf butler, hands down.

#37 Ardelon

Ardelon

Member: 20239

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm not too thrilled with the elves so far. They jut seem a bit too intricate, or gaudy, or "overdone". So I'm going with the CM elf, he's yellow, comes with a shield and a still pretty rare longbow. And, as Venkefedo above points out, he can fit a quiver. Otherwise I say "meh" on the elves.

#38 ramjarjamjar

ramjarjamjar

Member: 30083

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

CMF Elf

Im not really a huge fan of the LOTR/Hobbit elf minifigures, they have nice details in the printing but its the hair/ear piece that really bothers me. I think its the widows peak they've all got going on, it gives all the elves ti
ny foreheads

#39 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• -1000 points #Sarcasm

Member: 1043

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

CMF Elf.
This isn't even close.

Has cape
Has cool shield
Has long bow
Has awesome torso print and sand green arms perfect for Avalonia
Has short hair
IS YELLOW

debate over.  Lock the poll, CMF wins by a land slide.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#40 Krulis

Krulis

Member: 29761

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Elrond. He has got awesome sword, printing is extremly detailed and even short cape doesn't bother me at all.

#41 Hawkman

Hawkman

Member: 28502

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Two pages but only four people have actually voted. Kind of odd. I went with Legolas - I've wanted a Legolas figure since I was a kid and then again after seeing LOTR.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#42 Deathleech

Deathleech

Member: 29067

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostZCerberus, on 07 November 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

CMF Elf.
This isn't even close.

I will say, the CMF Elf probably has the coolest looking outfit and weapons.  I think Thandruil could give him a run for his money though base on the pictures of him from the movie.  I also think Elrond is kind of spiffy.

View PostHawkman, on 07 November 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Two pages but only four people have actually voted. Kind of odd.

The poll was just added since the OP didn't have enough posts to make one himself.

#43 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• -1000 points #Sarcasm

Member: 1043

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostDeathleech, on 07 November 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

The poll was just added since the OP didn't have enough posts to make one himself.

Indeed.  I skim every topic for regulatory things, but sometimes I miss stuff.  No one asked me to make one, but I spotted it today.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#44 LegoLotRGuy

LegoLotRGuy

Member: 31960

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostZCerberus, on 07 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Indeed.  I skim every topic for regulatory things, but sometimes I miss stuff.  No one asked me to make one, but I spotted it today.

Oh thanks i asked everyone on my first post but i guess you didn't see it then.
Check out my Youtube Channel Here!
Check out my Flickr Photostream Here!

#45 adreva11

adreva11

Member: 15897

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Haldir with elrond just behind we need more elfs :)

#46 Wardancer

Wardancer

Member: 18260

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I voted for Haldir. He is the perfect minifigure, except the flesh tone of course, but I guess two ears can easily be painted yellow.

I guess avaibility is an important psychological factor for my choice. I have not acquired a Haldir yet, so he still has the aura of the wish. Also he is expensive to get, which makes him look more desirable. If I didn't own 70 CMF elves, I would perhaps have voted for this fig.

Elrond is also one of my favourites, but he has this strange silver crotch.

#47 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Interesting, it looks like CMF is winning. I do love the CMF elf and I didn't get into CMFs until after he came out so it was tough backtracking a bit. He does have awesome printing, shield and long bow. I do love the hair/ear piece combo. However, it doesn't mesh well with the other Elves due to silver instead of gold.

I voted for Haldir. The dark red/pearl gold combo is beautiful :wub: . I have him waiting in my closet for Christmas. I can't wait for that. I do like Elrond, but the more I look at him, the more I am turned off for some reason. I like the color scheme, but I don't love the dark blue on torso and dark green on pants. I think if they kept it more fluid, I may have liked him more. But I love the hairpiece coloring and the new mold.

I think TLG got the elves down right though. The Mirkwood elves look perfect. Nice greens/browns to give that woodland feel.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#48 Cutcobra

Cutcobra

Member: 33298

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I sincerely like everyone who's got elvish hair :), especially long ones. Don't worry CMF Elf! You still look awesome to me even without long elvish hair :D:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal Ghost Buster, Super Sleuth in Sandy's Heroica RPG. Hero Stats
Died as Eris on Day 2 as a loyal member of Heroica in Cruel Angel's Thesis - Downfall of Heroes

#49 Mr. Elijah Timms

Mr. Elijah Timms

Member: 9973

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

CMF, unquestionably. Certainly I can't be the only one who's used hands and other pieces to convert the LoTR elves into proper yellow elves, right?

Cant wait to depart aboard the Icebreaker!!!

#50 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

It's a tough choice between Elrond and Haldir. Elrond has the cooler weapon, but they both have great prints/colors. It's too close to call.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lord of The Rings, Elf, Legolas, Elrond, Haldir, CMF, Poll, The Hobbit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users