Camp at the Black Pyramid

Challenge 5 Kaliphlin entry

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Erynlasgalen

Erynlasgalen

Member: 14491

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

The contrast in this MOC is great, the black pyramid against the sand is a great look.

The tree inside has to be my favorite part though, I like how they all intertwine to make one trunk. Really has a mystical feel to it.

At first I wasn't sure about the purple tents, they seemed too bright overall. But now, the more I look at them the more they seem to be the perfect pop of color up against the neutral ones.

Great Job!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Currently portraying Amelia Phantomhive in the Kingdom of Kaliphlin.

#27 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thanks Erynlasgalen!

View Postrobuko, on 23 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

The background micro picture of the view outside the pyramid is genius,

Ha, I meant to make a comment on this but forgot about it when I replied. I wasn't sure if anyone would notice it as I wasn't able to get a good photo of it. Thanks for noticing! :sweet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

I agree with Ecclesiastes - this is just a beautiful MOC to look at, and it seems different than what you typically see in Castle MOCS - The Tents are probably my favorite part, but the sand and pyramid are well done and contrast well, the tree in the pyramid is a great original design, and the camel and raptor riders just complete the scene beautifully!  You've done a lot without having all the activity that some of the other MOCs have and it worked out great!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#29 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Just getting around to replying to this one, and what a nice job!  So much to like here: the pyramid, the tents, the tree.  And the sand!  Having done sand like that for one of my watchtower builds, I know how much work that is. And it's a lot of work to take apart too.  Masa can't be roughing it too much considering he's got a woman in a bikini coming out of his tent :devil:
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#30 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

View Postrogueang, on 14 November 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

I agree with Ecclesiastes - this is just a beautiful MOC to look at, and it seems different than what you typically see in Castle MOCS
Thanks! I try to make my MOCs unique but its a hit and miss at times. I was quite pleased with how this came out although I keep getting ideas on how to improve it. I also would like to add the back half now that I've entered this and don't have to worry about size restrictions any longer.

View PostNiceMarmot, on 21 November 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Just getting around to replying to this one, and what a nice job!  So much to like here: the pyramid, the tents, the tree.  And the sand!  Having done sand like that for one of my watchtower builds, I know how much work that is. And it's a lot of work to take apart too.  Masa can't be roughing it too much considering he's got a woman in a bikini coming out of his tent :devil:
Thanks! Masa doesn't know what roughing it means. :laugh:  As long as he is on an adventure and he has his girl girls with him (there are two more in the tent but you probably can't see them) he thinks life can't get any better...

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin, 22 November 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users