A newcomer from the UK

4 replies to this topic

#1 Martin_B

Martin_B

Member: 32646

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi all!

I registered here quite recently but it was a day or two before the upgrade so my old account sort of disappeared. I only had chance to make a couple of posts, so no harm done! It's great to see this place is back up and running again.

I currently live in a small rural town the northeast of England and recently started getting back into Lego after rediscovering my collection and taking on a MOC challenge from a couple of friends. I feel that I was able to enjoy a 'golden age' with the late 80s and early 90s before adolescence and school/university took over though, so I have fond memories of the original Pirates, Blacktron, Ice Planet and so on. I'm a bit of a general geek so I have a thing for SF, history, guitar music, anime and cult movies which has rekindled my interest. Now I have my own living space and disposable income I can indulge in my nerdy hobbies, so I guess I'm not alone in being a young AFOL. I've stumbled on a few community sites such as the Brothers Brick blog and the Bricklink marketplace, and I've been amazed at how people have made some genuinely astonishing things out of something I used to think of as a toy or educational thing for kids. I lurked on here for a short while, was even more amazed at what the members have worked on and decided to register.

I have a nearly-complete MOC in the works, and since I've found where I mislaid my digital camera I'll make a thread and post some pics soon. I'm happy to answer any other questions!

Edited by Martin_B, 22 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#2 Leo Crimson

Leo Crimson

Member: 29250

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Welcome to Eurobricks! Have any favourite FC's?

#3 Wedge09

Wedge09

Member: 29763

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Welcome in Eurobricks :thumbup: :thumbup:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#4 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Welcome (again) on EB!