13 replies to this topic

#1 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Member: 8841

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image

My 16x16 vignette for Eurobricks Ninja Month: Ultimate Battle! When trying to think of what would make for an ultimate battle, I decided that it would have to have a lot of action. So I tried to incorporate a lot of characters. Originally I would have had all five Ninja doing Spinjitzu, but that would have made it difficult to fit an enemy who would have stood a chance into the vignette. Lloyd's single tornado ended up looking better than my composite tornado concept anyway. I worked very hard to balance the composition, as you can see in the top-down photo.

I also recognize that having Lloyd using his elemental powers while the other four Ninja still have their Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu doesn't fit the official storyline, but I intended to capture an iconic vision of the characters much like the beautifully-illustrated key visuals that appear in the Ninjago instruction booklets.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Rocketbilly

Rocketbilly

Member: 4462

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Nice work!

Llyod's Spinjitsu tornado is really nice, and the Serpentine warriors seem to match each Ninja they're fighting rather well with regards to the colours. Was that your intention?

#3 dr_spock

dr_spock

• Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes

Member: 8775

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Nicessss...   Good fighting sssscene.   :classic:

#4 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Beautiful work on the tornado. Did you take apart the Ultra Dragon for this?
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#5 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostRocketbilly, on 21 October 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Nice work!

Llyod's Spinjitsu tornado is really nice, and the Serpentine warriors seem to match each Ninja they're fighting rather well with regards to the colours. Was that your intention?
No, not really. Honestly if I had noticed I might have switched the positions of the Fangpyre and Hypnobrai! I really prefer to avoid things in a display piece like this becoming imbalanced, and that includes colors. But I'm glad you see that as a good thing rather than a flaw.

View PostDraikNova, on 21 October 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Beautiful work on the tornado. Did you take apart the Ultra Dragon for this?
Oh, much more than that. 9441, 9442, 9444, and 9450 are all mostly in pieces. Some parts like the Ultra Dragon's torso are still together, but in general the only model sets with me at college that I didn't take apart for this build were the snowmobile from 9445, which is still in one piece, and the Samurai Mech which still hasn't been taken out of the box (I don't plan to put it together until I have at least one of the many set reviews I've been working on for The Ninjago Wiki posted). Even a few of my Master Builder Academy sets have been taken apart.

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Great fight scene! The tornado is superb and the other figs posing is excellent :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#7 Zachattacx

Zachattacx

Member: 29621

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Great job Aanchir,the tornado and all the action is great.

Edited by Zachattacx, 21 October 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Fire,Lightning,Earth,Ice!
RIP Ninjago 2011-?

Pyrox(Fav Villain Of HFBA 2013)
.HF BA Wave 1 Checklist
8/8 ;)
.Kozu=Favorite General    Worriz=Favorite Chima Character
.GS Red Squad Relief Fund...Waiting,Watching,Hoping.Please Donate Today!

.http://www.flickr.co...s/88424390@N02/ Me Flickr
Posted Image
Banner by Zachattacx, on Flickr
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83999
....end of transmission...............
Le MOCpages:http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/93740

#8 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Great job, that tornado really looks good, glad someone was finnally able to use a spinner in their build!  I would suggest a different color floor/ground if you have it (why the lime?) but over all great action scene! :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Master of Petraea University

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#9 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 22 October 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Great job, that tornado really looks good, glad someone was finnally able to use a spinner in their build!  I would suggest a different color floor/ground if you have it (why the lime?) but over all great action scene! :thumbup:
The lime was meant to be a stream of venom, like the spiral of venom in Ouroboros in "Rise of the Great Devourer." Originally I intended to have some of the snake heads with venom dripping from their fangs that appear in almost all of the Serpentine architecture from the sets, but the verticality of them distracted from both Lloyd's Spinjitzu and the battle below. If I had any good Transparent Fluorescent Green tiles I'd have used those to make it clearer what the venom pool was supposed to be.

The reason I needed a venom pool at all, of course, was that I didn't have Dark Brown or Sand Yellow tiles in the right sizes to fill that gap.

#10 tmgmlego

tmgmlego

Member: 25438

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

That tornado is really nice. I like how you still use the spinner while using parts of the epic dragon battle.

#11 Garmadon

Garmadon

Member: 29920

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostAanchir, on 22 October 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

The lime was meant to be a stream of venom, like the spiral of venom in Ouroboros in "Rise of the Great Devourer." Originally I intended to have some of the snake heads with venom dripping from their fangs that appear in almost all of the Serpentine architecture from the sets, but the verticality of them distracted from both Lloyd's Spinjitzu and the battle below. If I had any good Transparent Fluorescent Green tiles I'd have used those to make it clearer what the venom pool was supposed to be.

The reason I needed a venom pool at all, of course, was that I didn't have Dark Brown or Sand Yellow tiles in the right sizes to fill that gap.

Nice Build!
But the lime would look better if it was'nt so square.
You know, in Ouroborus it was more like a circle.

Uridius Dratiphe, Royal Architect of Mitgardia, Master Gunnery Sergeant of Eastgate, and Hersir of Calvary:  My Flickr

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:  

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD,

and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.  Isaiah 55:6-7

#12 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostGarmadon, on 29 October 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Nice Build!
But the lime would look better if it was'nt so square.
You know, in Ouroborus it was more like a circle.
I agree, but the shape of the lime areas was pretty strictly defined by the Dark Brown and Sand Yellow parts I had in my collection. The lime actually works all right without the figures, but not so well in the final vignette. Still, I'm quite proud of what I could do with the parts I had, given what a hard time I had making an attractive-looking 16x16 base to begin with! Perhaps at some point I'll take a photo of the base without the figures.

#13 Devorath

Devorath

Member: 32747

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostAanchir, on 21 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh, much more than that. 9441, 9442, 9444, and 9450 are all mostly in pieces. Some parts like the Ultra Dragon's torso are still together, but in general the only model sets with me at college that I didn't take apart for this build were the snowmobile from 9445, which is still in one piece, and the Samurai Mech which still hasn't been taken out of the box (I don't plan to put it together until I have at least one of the many set reviews I've been working on for The Ninjago Wiki posted). Even a few of my Master Builder Academy sets have been taken apart.
I never take apart my sets. I used to, and now I really regret it. However I found myself taking apart my Speeda Demon for the parts so I don't think I can help it. :p
removed link to removed flickr image
             Credit to Carousel for the banner!

#14 Aanchir

Aanchir

• Color Encyclopedia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostDevorath, on 31 October 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I never take apart my sets. I used to, and now I really regret it. However I found myself taking apart my Speeda Demon for the parts so I don't think I can help it. :p
It helps being at college and only having a certain number of my sets so I don't have to worry about the parts getting mixed up with the rest of my collection. In fact, working with parts from sets is a great asset here at college because it means I can re-assemble the sets when it's time to move out after the semester, so I'll be able to verify that I leave with the same pieces I came with (plus those of a few sets that I buy over the course of the semester).

Edited by Aanchir, 31 October 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ninjago, Ultimate Battle, Ninja Month, Ninja, Serpentine, Spinjitzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users