BrickieB

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BrickieB

BrickieB

Member: 32628

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hi everyone

I am (or am quickly becoming) an AFOL. I'm 34 years old from Belgium and have played with Lego during my youth till I was 14 or so, one of my last sets was a Technic set.

Now that my son is 5 years old, he's starting to collect a few Lego sets and my interest is sparked: it's fun to build these new sets, and I found myself enjoying helping him build his sets - and secretly rebuilding them.

Obviously, a 5-year old's set is not much of a challenge, so I started searching the net for more challenging sets. I easily found the star wars UCS sets. I'm a big star wars fan, and have always wanted a decent star wars model. The fact that you get to build the Lego sets is just a bonus.

I started by buying a few kits in my local toy store (Fury class interceptor and X-wing). I think it was the same night I ordered my UCS Super star destoyer along with the Y-wing. Next up were the speeder bike (set) and TIE fighter, and a very small imperial cruiser. I also got another set on sale: a Saesee Tiin starfighter.
All this was in the course of 2 weeks.

I'm currently looking at the UCS imperial landing shuttle, UCS B-wing, and am in the process of composing the UCS Millennium Falcon from bricks, wich will probably take a while yet (Will start a thread about this one).

The rest of the wishlist:
UCS Snowspeeder
UCS AT-AT
UCS Y-wing

Unfortunately, they're currently mainly bringing out kits from clone wars and/or the first 3 films. I'm mainly interested in the stuff from Ep. 4-6 - hope they'll (re-) issue some of thise kits.

I found this forum searching for MOCs and other cool mods to UCS kits: I sure did find them here! Hoping to get some useful tips & tricks from the experienced builders here.

#2 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Welcome in Eurobricks BrickieB, hope you enjoy our forum :thumbup: :thumbup:

Star Wars Classical Trilogy forever :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#3 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks!
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#4 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

You've certainly found the right place.  There are so many talented builders here that you'll find plenty of inspiration.  I look forward to seeing some of your MOCs in the future.

Welcome to Eurobricks.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#5 BrickieB

BrickieB

Member: 32628

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks guys, It'll take me weeks just to read everything I'd like to read on here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users