Hello!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Carousel

Carousel

Member: 32591

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

So, I've been a long time lurker on this site (since 2008), and as I spend a considerable amount of time browsing Eurobricks' content, I thought, why not become a member? So I did.

Let's get to know me a little. My name is Carousel (not really, but anyway); I've played, or should I say, constructed, with Lego since the age of four; and despite various people's objections to my Lego-purchasing habits, I'll keep on playing... I mean constructing, for a very long time, all the way into the distant future. Although I talk about the future, I'm not really into futuristic Lego Space themes. I much prefer LotR, Medieval, Modular buildings, Exclusives, Pirate, DC Super Heroes, Collectible Minifigures and some action themes (except for that ghastly Ninjago). My favourite sets, you may ask? It's a toss up between the 10196 Medieval Market Village or the 10210 Imperial Flagship. A note about one of my pet peeves: I get extremely infuriated when people refer to Lego as Legos... ugh. These days, my passion is stop-motion animation with Lego, known as Brickfilming, as well as creating MOCs (which are usually my detailed sets). You'll see quite a few of my Brickfilms in the near future...

Other things besides Lego are; I come from Australia, I'm quite opinionated, I have a cat, creatively named Purr (I was five years old when I named her), I like Apple things, I love pre-Matt Smith Doctor Who (don't get me started), and I'm quite accident prone. So those random facts aside, I'm extremely happy to have joined the best Lego disscussion/news/review/creation website on the internet!

Thanks,
Carousel

#2 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#3 dr_spock

dr_spock

• BoBS IT Dept

Member: 8775

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

Welcome aboard.   Look forward to seeing some of your film work.

#4 Carousel

Carousel

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I plan to release my first short by the end of the year *hopefully*.

#5 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks, hope to see you in the Action Themes section.
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#6 Carousel

Carousel

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

I don't think the Action Themes will appreciate my opinion of Ninjago :devil:  Thanks Leo!

#7 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Welcome to EB! Always glad to have more medieval LEGO fans :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#8 adreva11

adreva11

Member: 15897

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks im not a fan of ninjago either bit over priced and gahstly colour schemes

#9 Carousel

Carousel

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

...and awful, obnoxious designs. But not to be off topic/negative, thank you!

#10 Briktor

Briktor

Member: 20160

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey I'm also new here. Great to see someone shares my opinions on Doctor Who haha! I'd be interested to see any form of brickfilm you've made, or any WIP's etc you may have!

#11 Carousel

Carousel

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

I too miss those good ol' days of believable/fantastic scripts and great acting in Doctor Who (RTD era). You'll have to wait at least until the very end of the year for any of my brickfilms to be released (I'm planning, building sets and getting gear right now), but I'm really happy that there will be an audience! Thanks Briktor.

#12 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Not good at planning idiot cowboy parties

Member: 1043

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Welcome.  Hope to see you in the history forum.

Let your love of LEGOs flourish :iamded_lol:

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#13 ShaydDeGrai

ShaydDeGrai

• Moldy Expert

Member: 26992

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Welcome, I too lurked for some time here before getting an account but I'm glad I did and I think you will be happy here too.

Like you, I've been a fan of LEGO since my first kits (actually manufactured in the States by Samsonite) at a very early age, though, despite the intervening decades, I freely admit to playing with them ;->

I'm in no position to question a cat name Purr, I once had one named Mouse, and speaking of cats and being accident prone, I once tripped over my cat and dropped a 5000+ piece original LEGO sculpture that had taken me a month to design and build.  My cat refuses to answer to any of the names I called him that night...

As a (near) total aside, my favorite incarnations of Doctor Who are David Tennant, Jon Pertwee, and Tom Baker (in that order) and when Matt Smith's time is up, I can't say that I'll miss him.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing some of those animations or yours.

Posted Image

#14 Carousel

Carousel

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

@ZCerberus, I'm sure I wills :head_back:

@ShaydDeGrai, I've labelled my Lego obsession a hobby, and it feels a little more justifiable to the public now! That must have been devastating when you tripped over your cat. My cat bats me with it's paw on the back of the leg whenever it's less than impressed with my actions; for example, my family went camping, so we got some friends to look after her, and upon our return, she did her routine.

Your favourite Doctors are almost the same as mine, which go as follows; Tom Baker, David Tennant, Pat Troughton and Jon Pertwee. I totally agree with your opinion of Matt Smith - on the note of him leaving, I have a hunch that he'll take the 50th anniversary of DW (1963-2013) as a good chance to leave (fingers crossed!).

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users