Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Three

Day3Banner.png

A figure wielding a spear came running down the hallway.

IMG_0341.jpg

"Hey! That's mine!" yelled Gofraid the Foog (Fugazi). The figure kept running. Gofraid wouldn't get his spear back back tonight. It was probably going to be tossed into a pond somewhere.

IMG_0339.jpg

"Now how am I going to kill my target?" Gofraid wondered to himself, "I suppose I could use my normal weapons, but then the lovely people at home would know who the killer was..."

IMG_0346.jpg

Gofraid collapsed back onto his chair, frustrated at this turn of events. He shivered away in his cold little room, puzzled that not even Valhalla could provide him with some warm clothing.

IMG_0347.jpg

It wasn't long before a visitor arrived however. This shadowy figure opened Gofraid's door...

IMG_0342.jpg

Knowing what was coming, Gofraid lunged himself towards his weapon...

IMG_0348.jpg

... But the figure was too quick, and stabbed poor Gofraid in the throat.

IMG_0349.jpg

The figure made a quick getaway, leaving Gofraid to bleed out on his chair. Eventually he fell still, shivering no longer. Gofraid was a Loyal Einherjar.

IMG_0350.jpg

Outside Valhalla, Chief Mursi (Cornelius Murdock) prepared to go to bed. He preferred to sleep in a different sort of longhouse. He had never truly re-adapted to the Norse way of life. As much as he had pined to return to his place of birth, Mursi had realised that he belonged with his tribe.

IMG_0352.jpg

Chief Mursi went outside to get another barrel of tobacco, but instead stumbled upon another warrior.

IMG_0353.jpg

"Hey buddy, I'm walkin' here!" Mursi shouted, before noticing the sword the figure was carrying, "Relax, dude. Chill out. Just put the sword down and we'll all be hunky-dory."

IMG_0354.jpg

Unfortunately the sword-wielding figure could not understand a word of this strange American dialect, and decided to cut Mursi down in cold blood instead.

IMG_0355.jpg

"No Mursi." the sword-wielding figure said, who was pretty pleased with itself for having coming up with it's first action hero one-liner.

Chief Mursi was a Loyal Einherjar.

IMG_0357.jpg

The sun came up again, and Harald found himself alone in the banquet hall.

IMG_0364.jpg

He was reading another recent letter.

IMG_0365.jpg

"What's that?" asked Ragnar.

"The raven has delivered another message from Odin," Harald answered, "he says he's heard about the executions you've been performing and wants you to stop."

IMG_0366.jpg

"And you believe that?" Ragnar asked, "It's a trick. Of Loki's doing. He wants us to stop. He's getting worried because we're close to winning this thing."

In one swift swoop of his axe, Ragnar cut off the raven's head.

IMG_0367.jpg

Before Harald could respond to this random act of violence, the rest of the einherjar began to pour into the hall.

IMG_0368.jpg

"Good morning, my brothers. We are truly blessed. I am happy to report that you made the right choice yesterday - Gerrid (Captain Genaro) was a vile Servant of Loki!"

IMG_0369.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

1-1.jpg

Ragnar the Great

2-1.jpg

Harald

Living Players (19):

23.jpg

Bergulf (badboytje88)

12.jpg

Beorn Ale-Lover (Bob)

16.jpg

Dragmall (Dragonator)

2.jpg

Finn the Squinter (fhomess)

13b.png

Stemid the Pale (Sandy)

14.jpg

Sveinn the Uninspired (Scouty)

21.jpg

Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

26.jpg

Sigmund (Sisco)

25.jpg

Erik the Boneless (Etzel)

20.jpg

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

18.jpg

Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

8.jpg

Wary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

22.jpg

Patrekr the Red (Palathadric)

9.jpg

Cranebeinn (Chromeknight)

17.jpg

Wilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

24.jpg

Dagrun (Darkdragon)

6.jpg

Rurik the Bastard (Rick)

13.jpg

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

4.jpg

Carl Poem-Piece (Capt. Redblade)

The Dead (again):

1-2.jpg

Magnus (Masked Builder) - Einherjar - mod-killed, Day One

DTDS.png

Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs) - Einherjar - convicted, Day One

SMS.png

Steinvoir Meat-Shield (Shadows) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

JB.png

Jormund (JimButcher) - Servant of Loki - murdered, Night One

CG.png

Gerrid (Captain Genaro) - Servant of Loki - convicted, Day Two

GTF.png

Gofraid the Foog (Fugazi) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

CM.png

Chief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock) - Einherjar - murdered, Night Two

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar (Town) or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutral characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 72 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 48 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

Well, I'm overjoyed to hear that we were right about Gerrid! We should have an interesting voting pattern to analyze now. Take that, vile Servants of Loki! Oink oink squeal! You are below my piggies...well, most people are, in my opinion. Well, you are beneath most people's opinions of my beautiful piggies! Stupid Servants...

However, considering the horrible loss of Chief Mursi and Gofraid the Foog, it pull the winds out of my longboat sails quite a bit. Interestingly enough, Chief Mursi was Aphrodite, as he told you all yesterday, and it was Gofraid the Foog, clearly our vigilante, who was Poseidon, a fact that a couple other Vikings were able to guess in private... So there goes half of the cast of my play.

It appears that Jormund was killed by a serial killer as Gofraid seems to have preferred a spear while Chief Mursi was killed with a sword the same way Jormund was. Gofraid and Steinvoir were also killed by a sword though. Perhaps the Scum and serial killer both use swords or there are two Scum factions out there. :wacko: Ugh... Either way, it appears that two non-Einherjar entities were responsible for the Night One killings. I very highly doubt we are dealing with one team of Scum that has the ability to perform two kills in one night. Well, my nest is empty over here... :hmpf_bad:

Oink oink squeal. On the other side of things, this is great for the Einherjar, who have scored two Servants of Loki in two days. That's excellent momentum to ride into the third day of this ordeal.

So it looks like you were on the right track with Gerrid after all, Hervi, I can say that this definitely puts a different spin on yesterday now. I agree that that voting record may come in handy, it felt at one moment like we weren't going to get a lynch, so those that were holding out on voting may be the ones to keep an eye on.

I do have a question though, if Gofraid was our vig did he give any reason for not using his ability? He strikes me as someone who would definitely have his suspicions and wouldn't be afraid to act on them.

Right. So. That Gerrid was scum is a pleasant surprise, that our vig got killed, not so much. But the fact that is most interesting to me is that this (I assume) Serial killer, decided to kill Mursi. It kinda makes sense, as it was layed out in thread that he was vanilla. Which would make him an easy target.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but what is the chance the voting pattern is useless because the scum voted for her to appear innocent themselves?

Hervi, could you perhaps tell us how people were able to figure out Gofraid was the Vigilante, it might be important, because the scum, if you are telling the truth, figured it out too, if they didn't know already.

I do have a question though, if Gofraid was our vig did he give any reason for not using his ability? He strikes me as someone who would definitely have his suspicions and wouldn't be afraid to act on them.

I'm assuming he was blocked considering the opening talks about someone running off with his spear and him not having a way to kill his target.

Also, in looking over both days I realize I'm only assuming that God is doing us the favor of providing some sort of modus operandi. The first killer each night has killed in the hall and the second kills outside. The second killer is the one who killed Jormund, so I assume the serial killer went after Chief Mursi. That's probably too much to assume considering they're all using the same sword. :wacko: But like I said, there are a couple people who knew Poseidon's identity and knew he had an action. If one of those people is Scum, that's certainly enough motivation to kill him. Mursi was vanilla and outed himself. I guess the Scum could've gone after him as well to break up whatever Town block I was forming.

Also, however, if you look closely, Gofraid kind of confirms himself as Poseidon in some of the responses to my play. :sceptic: And Snotra and Mursi's interaction show that Poseidon had an Action. Damn, we have to be more careful...

I'm assuming he was blocked considering the opening talks about someone running off with his spear and him not having a way to kill his target.

Also, in looking over both days I realize I'm only assuming that God is doing us the favor of providing some sort of modus operandi. The first killer each night has killed in the hall and the second kills outside. The second killer is the one who killed Jormund, so I assume the serial killer went after Chief Mursi. That's probably too much to assume considering they're all using the same sword. :wacko: But like I said, there are a couple people who knew Poseidon's identity and knew he had an action. If one of those people is Scum, that's certainly enough motivation to kill him. Mursi was vanilla and outed himself. I guess the Scum could've gone after him as well to break up whatever Town block I was forming.

Also, however, if you look closely, Gofraid kind of confirms himself as Poseidon in some of the responses to my play. :sceptic: And Snotra and Mursi's interaction show that Poseidon had an Action. Damn, we have to be more careful...

Yeh I kind of figured Gofraid was Poseidon from his comments made during the day, however did Gofraid himself ever claim vig to you? If it's any help the outside killer also doesn't seem to be wearing a cloak and hood, which may help keep them distinct.

Hervi, could you perhaps tell us how people were able to figure out Gofraid was the Vigilante, it might be important, because the scum, if you are telling the truth, figured it out too, if they didn't know already.

Nobody knew he was the vigilante until the day pictures came up. He was talking to the tracker so maybe the tracker knew, but I doubt Gofraid told him or her if he hadn't even told me or Mursi. The two people who guessed Poseidon's identity just guessed because he seemed to respond to my play in a way that showed we were talking and the way Gofraid and I were discussing things, in thread. I didn't even know he was the vigilante. I just knew he had an action. Gofraid, even when playing Scum, doesn't like to lie (unless he absolutely has to) so Chief Mursi claimed vanilla and Gofraid just kind of clammed up. That's Gofraid-speak for "I have an Action." I've known him for a long time. I actually did assume it was vigilante because after Jormund was killed, Gofraid had an excellent analysis of his posts and was very ready with them, so I thought he had caught the Scum tells on Day One and killed him, but it turns out that wasn't the case. None of the people who guessed his name actually knew he had an action until it came up between you and Mursi.

And before you ask, yes I told you Poseidon had an Action without knowing for sure, but I wanted to see if you would insist on Poseidon's identity knowing he had an Action. And you kind of did insist... :sceptic: in a roundabout way, but our perception of eachother's intentions during our private conversation clearly differ...

Yeh I kind of figured Gofraid was Poseidon from his comments made during the day, however did Gofraid himself ever claim vig to you? If it's any help the outside killer also doesn't seem to be wearing a cloak and hood, which may help keep them distinct.

See my answer above. Thank you for pointing out the cloak and hood. :laugh: I feel so observant. :blush:

:wall: Oh God, duh.

Yes, the inside killer wears a cloak and hood just like all the Servants of Loki we saw molesting our magic boar on the first day. The outdoor killer is a nudist. So the Servants of Loki have killed Steinvoir and Gofraid while some wild card or other faction is killing the others. I'm not looking closely enough at what our host is trying to tell us. :blush:

Oink.

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised to see that a Servant was lynched - I really didn't think the case against Gerrid was that strong, and people seemed a bit too eager to vote for her. But I'm glad we Einherjar did not lose our momentum - although I admit I've had no part in these successes. I'm more of the type to show up at the celebration party when all the hard work has been done, hehe.

But on another note, it seems Hervi lost two of his contacts in a row. It is obvious that the Servants have been closely watching Hervi, maybe even tried to get into contact with him. This is probably the Servant's way to break up any alliances being formed - or a more worrying option, Hervi's way to make himself look innocent and trustworthy.

It will be very interesting to see how this day advances. I promise to make a more reasonable vote today.

Ok, so we killed 2 servants of Loki in two days. That isn't bad at all. Too bad we had to loose our vigilante and our vanilla native american. Let's see what today brings.

I'm glad we pulled through at the wee hours of Day 2 to lynch Gerrid. It's too bad about the loss of Gofraid and Mursi, they will be missed :sad: . Lots to analyze and lots of thinking to do, hopefully our efforts today will nab us another Servant of evil, stupid, doody-head Loki.

Ha hah! Another foul Servant of Loki vanquished. That was a most decidedly bad night, but I'm glad I presented the case against Gerrid and we were able to see it through to completion by the end of the day.

Time to go back and review in light of the recent revelations, and catch another scum. One a day and we'll be in very good shape.

Another one bites the dust! All the discussion yesterday really did work out well for us in the end. It's really too bad about the vigilante though, he did so well the first night. Is there precedence for passing on that role? That would be great if one of us could inherit it and keep killing the servants.

I'm looking at the voting from yesterday and seeing quite a few poeple that jumped off thier votes and onto the bandwagon at the last moment. Would any of you like to explain yourselves, other than "well we needed a lynch"?

I'm looking at the voting from yesterday and seeing quite a few poeple that jumped off thier votes and onto the bandwagon at the last moment. Would any of you like to explain yourselves, other than "well we needed a lynch"?

I'm kind of curious why you didn't do that.

It's really too bad about the vigilante though, he did so well the first night.

He doesn't appear to have done anything the first night. A serial killer or second faction rid us of Jormund.

Jump on a bandwagon? Are you serious? How many times have you seen that work out well for a town, bandwagons.

Bergulf was suspicious since his Day One actions, we needed and still need answers about that. He was sliding under the radar after havng a hand in getting a townie lynched. I've seen before in stories just like this how an innocent is set up the first day and the second day the evil ones manage to steer the conversation in a new direction, allowing the original set-up-er to skate by unscathed for days.

Jump on a bandwagon? Are you serious? How many times have you seen that work out well for a town, bandwagons.

Bergulf was suspicious since his Day One actions, we needed and still need answers about that. He was sliding under the radar after havng a hand in getting a townie lynched. I've seen before in stories just like this how an innocent is set up the first day and the second day the evil ones manage to steer the conversation in a new direction, allowing the original set-up-er to skate by unscathed for days.

Hai! Of course I'm serious. Surely you're not going to deny that it worked out pretty well yesterday. Bandwagons are how we get people lynched, and without lynches we learn nothing.

I can respect you for sticking with who you felt was most suspicious, but I also think that anyone who wasn't involved in securing Gerrid's fate is someone to look at.

Well I think I answered to that quite some times and quite frankly I said all there was to say. Maybe you haven't read my answers. Maybe they don't satisfy you. Or maybe you are scum, thus know I am town and are trying to start a vote on me. So if you still think I am a huge threat to the safety of this town, go ahead and vote for me.

Hai! Of course I'm serious. Surely you're not going to deny that it worked out pretty well yesterday. Bandwagons are how we get people lynched, and without lynches we learn nothing.

I can respect you for sticking with who you felt was most suspicious, but I also think that anyone who wasn't involved in securing Gerrid's fate is someone to look at.

Of course yesterday the bandwagon worked out great. However, I am inclined to think that the only people who knew it would are the scum. I voted Bergulf, I stick by that vote from yesterday. Others who voted him jumped off at literally the last moment, even when Gerrid was already enough votes for a lynch. Why would they do that, just so they didn't "not vote for scum"? Apparently that was a good move for them as you don't seem concerned at all with those.

Everyone that's not confirmed is still suspicious. Have you heard from a cop, because I sure haven't. Everyone is still suspect, even those who voted Gerrid yesterday. So, to me anyway the most suspicious things we have in the votes are the people who voted for someone "randomly", without any good reasons, and alone (thus splitting the votes and nearly causing no lynch); and the people who jumped on the bandwagon in the last hour or less.

Well I think I answered to that quite some times and quite frankly I said all there was to say. Maybe you haven't read my answers. Maybe they don't satisfy you. Or maybe you are scum, thus know I am town and are trying to start a vote on me. So if you still think I am a huge threat to the safety of this town, go ahead and vote for me.

Yes you did answer, the same thing over and over. I've read it. I was not satisfied the first day, and I was not satisfied yesterday. I still think you are not being on the level, and I can't put my finger on it. However, I am more worried about other people right now. With Gerrid turning up as scum, I'm much less inclined to think you are too. I think there are much bigger fish to fry here and they are making more and more mistakes as the days progress.

Quite happy that we managed to nail Gerrid, but Gofraid and Mursi will be missed. :cry_sad:

It does indeed seem Gofraid was our vig, and was blocked - the serial killer's obviously the cloakless figure with the longsword, while the cloaked figure with the shortsword's the scum killer. It really concerns me that Gofraid was both blocked and killed the same night - was it just lucky for the scum that they hit the vigilante, or did they know about it? :sceptic:

Too bad we had to loose our vigilante and our vanilla native american. Let's see what today brings.

Interesting. What makes you think Chief Mursi was vanilla, Bergulf?

Another Servant down is certainly good news, but we paid a great price as we lost Chief Mursi and Gofraid, who very likely was our vigilante.

I agree that Gofraid seems to have been blocked. I also agree with the analysis of the Night One and Two kills.

I don't think you have been very careful either, Hervi. As I said yesterday, I didn't see the point in presenting the play with the aliases. Eventually this lead Chief Mursi to claim vanilla and apparently it was obvious to some that Gofraid was Poseidon and had a night action.

I'm honestly pleasantly surprised to see that a Servant was lynched - I really didn't think the case against Gerrid was that strong, and people seemed a bit too eager to vote for her.

My thoughts exactly, almost as if some people knew they were lynching a Servant of Loki, perhaps sacrificing one of their own to build some credibility?

But on another note, it seems Hervi lost two of his contacts in a row. It is obvious that the Servants have been closely watching Hervi, maybe even tried to get into contact with him. This is probably the Servant's way to break up any alliances being formed - or a more worrying option, Hervi's way to make himself look innocent and trustworthy.

I think we can all agree that we definitely are in desperate need for some sort of confirmation of Hervi's affiliation. I wonder what Artemis was up to last night.

It does indeed seem Gofraid was our vig, and was blocked - the serial killer's obviously the cloakless figure with the longsword, while the cloaked figure with the shortsword's the scum killer. It really concerns me that Gofraid was both blocked and killed the same night - was it just lucky for the scum that they hit the vigilante, or did they know about it? :sceptic:

If he was indeed blocked by the Servants of Loki, they might have been afraid of one of their own getting killed that night. Did they fear Gofraid was onto something?

That was layed out yesterday.

Right, sorry, Bergulf. :blush:

I think we can all agree that we definitely are in desperate need for some sort of confirmation of Hervi's affiliation. I wonder what Artemis was up to last night.

If this Artemis is the real deal, then I can't see why Hervi (if he is scum) would let him live and go after Gofraid instead, if you're scum I can't think of very many reasons to keep an investigator around, too much of a liability in my book. I'm with Finn currently on wondering about those who switched their vote after we had already reached a majority on Gerrid, it feels like they were trying to blend in. :sceptic:

If this Artemis is the real deal, then I can't see why Hervi (if he is scum) would let him live and go after Gofraid instead, if you're scum I can't think of very many reasons to keep an investigator around, too much of a liability in my book. I'm with Finn currently on wondering about those who switched their vote after we had already reached a majority on Gerrid, it feels like they were trying to blend in. :sceptic:

Keep in mind that Gofraid was most probably blocked, that seems pretty clear to me. If say Hervi has Artemis under his control (for now), why not deal with the more immediate threat first?

He doesn't appear to have done anything the first night. A serial killer or second faction rid us of Jormund.

I'm rather curious as to why he didn't do anything on Night One. A vigilante's job is to go out and target someone to kill, and Gofraid didn't do that. Perhaps he was blocked? I don't know.

Oh, Snotra replied with my exact same comment like, a second after I posted. Whatever.