HenrikLego

MOC: Local Train Station

The last few months I've been working on a Lego-model of my local train station (Fredrikstad station in Norway). It's the first time I'm working on such a large project and I've learned a lot in the process. The most difficult aspect of this build was to recreate the curved platform.

282245_296464097124984_1553609676_n.jpg

561470_296463943791666_734343008_n.jpg

23883_296463960458331_918252204_n.jpg

269537_296463970458330_670740469_n.jpg

66293_296463990458328_2053616250_n.jpg

29422_296464013791659_225056839_n.jpg

12749_296464023791658_1007739026_n.jpg

553677_296464037124990_2106563757_n.jpg

Edited by HenrikLego

It is really wonderful. I agree with that the curved part have must been difficult to made but here's the result! I hope you have contact your train station to show them and/or try to expose it?! Your front door and your waiting display are great. The thing is I've never went to your train sation, but I can feel it like I've been there by those details!

Well done.

That's an impressive build! It really looks like a decent sized station. You have some nice detail likes the entrances and the benches.

But the way you worked out the curved platform is perfect.

Now with the rumored palace cinema as the next modular, I have scratched my plans for a theatre, and have started looking at stations. This one is really nice. I love all the fine details, especially the curved platform. I would never need one, but my curiosity still makes me ask, how did you do that (it looks great!)? I was just curious (don't feel the need to disclose if its a trade secret). Anyway, nicely done!

This looks very nice. You did a great job on the curved platforms! I don't think I've ever seen long curves in a LEGO train station before...

Regards,

Alain

Many thanks for all your nice comments! The station will be part of a big layout by Brikkelauget (norwegian LUG) on Lego Norway's 50th anniversary in the start of november.

I love all the fine details, especially the curved platform. I would never need one, but my curiosity still makes me ask, how did you do that (it looks great!)? I was just curious (don't feel the need to disclose if its a trade secret).

It's no secret! I have placed 1x2 bricks overlapping each other to build the platform "wall" (in lack of a better word). When placed like this the wall becomes flexible to a certain point. Then I've placed 2x8 and 2x16 plates on top of this with tiles on top. The end of these plates (which then also has been curved has been hided underneath the station and elevated platform.

Oh, and btw, here are some pictures of the station itself:

Edited by HenrikLego

That's indeed an amazing build, not just because of the curved platform. The train looks a bit small in comparison, though – but maybe that's just because typical Lego stations are smaller. :)

Kieran: I hope so! :laugh:

I will be working on how to take it apart in sections the next couple of days as I need to transport it to Oslo. It's of course also important that the process of setting it up dosen't take to much time. I have been thinking a bit of it while building but I have some real challenges here. :)

This is a beautiful train station. I love the curved platform!

Great station! Well done on the curved platform, it looks great.

All it needs now is a little more life on the platform ;-)

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The curved platform is impressive :wink:

Wonderful station build and a nice train to go with it.

Does the train need some overhead wires though to finish it off?

What a magnificent masterpiece! :wub:

The curves with large-radius are amazing, the teutonic style of the station is superb and the choice of colors is perfect too. :wub_drool:

I like the details, in particular the lights on main wall :blush:

This work would deserve the first page! :thumbup: