The station is eerily quiet; not much is happening. Ian has been cooped up so long in the Police Station that his papers have been piling up for him to read, so he sits down with a mug of cocoa and leafs through his briefs.
"This is ridiculous" he mutters to himself "anyone can pick a hole in that flimsy argument, they must be either a criminal or very silly" he carries on muttering as a dark figure appears behind him, poised to strike.
"Oh.." is all Ian manages to utter before his head is severed from his sharply suited body.
Blood gushes and oozes all over his important legal documents, but Ian won't be needing them any longer. As is now traditional, the deadly black figure scampers off into the night.
Once more Poppy and Randy are awake in the middle of the night, and have gathered the corpses for collection.
"Just two tonight, eh Randy?" says Poppy
"Yeah" replies Randy as he dials a number on his phone "and you shot one of them. In the face."
"Yup" says Poppy "indeed I did"
And once Randy has called in the pick-up, the two return back inside the station to pass the time until morning.
The following morning people are stretching out a bit, finding they have a bit more space in the general office.
"Ok" starts Poppy "Randy's had the call, and we have some news for you about Henrietta."
"Yes, it's true" continues Randy "Henrietta was indeed a bored divorceé."
The crowd gasp theatrically
"Furthermore, I can reveal that Henrietta was also a member of the Kirksville Town" adds Randy, to yet more gasps
"And I'm sure some of you will have noticed Ian's absence from this morning's gathering" says Poppy, as muttering from the crowd confirmed they had noticed and some were a bit concerned about it.
"He too was an innocent and loyal Townie, and we know this because he was found dead last night." Poppy finishes
"Slowly but surely the scum are killing you off, so if you're going to make a stand, now's a good time to do so." says Randy "We've told you how to do it and what to look out for, but now you just need to put it into practice to succeed."
"And if you don't" states Poppy "I'll shoot you myself"
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters, if any, have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Also, you may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.
All players have been sent a Role PM in the following format.
Welcome to Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game. Information about your character and role can be found below. Please use only this PM to communicate with us about the game. No other form of communication will be acknowledged. To start off, set your avatar to the picture below (or put it in your signature), put your character’s name in your signature (don’t reveal your affiliation or role!), and confirm your participation in this thread.
Good luck and have fun!
Pandora and Rick
<Character name>, <Character description>
<The extended character description that can also be found in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread goes here.>
You are a member of the Town and are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night action. You will need to use your skills in deduction and analysis, and your wits to combat the Mafia, but don’t forget that your vote is the most powerful weapon you have.
You are a member of the Town and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
You are a member of the Mafia and are a Goon.
You are a member of the Mafia and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
Your Win Condition
You win when the Mafia is eliminated.
You win when the Mafia outnumbers the Town.
Poppy, Chief Inspector and new Chief of Police, played by Pandora
Randy, Special Agent of the KIA, played by Rick
Adam, Motorcycle Cop, played by badboytje88
Christine, Coffee Lady, played by konze
Isaac, Janitor, played by TrumpetKing67
Jared, Beat Cop, played by Ferrik
Kendra, Beat Cop, played by Stormblessed
Phil, Detective, played by Scorpiox
Phyllis, Beat Cop, played by Superficial Username
Samantha, Local 'Masseuse', played by DarthPotato
Jean, Local Bum, played by Endgame, Town, Lynched on Day 1
Gary, Bomb Disposal Officer, played by Adam, Town, Decapitated on Night 1
Andrea, Secretary to the Chief of Police, played by PsyKater, Town, Chopped to pieces on Night 1
Zachary, Forensic Officer, played by zakura, Mafia, Lynched on Day 2
Amelia, Desk Sergeant, played by TheBoyWonder, Mafia, Chopped to pieces on Night 2
Mark, Team Leader Vice Squad, played by JaseTJ, Town, Decapitated on Night 2
Henrietta, Undercover Cop, played by Masked Builder, Town, Shot (mod-killed) on Day 3
Ian, Lawyer, played by Tazmaniac, Town, Decapitated on Night 3