Medieval Cottage WIP

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chriswilson2

Chriswilson2

Member: 32507

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

So, here it is, my Medieval Cottage! As you can see, I need to order some stuff from BL to get it finished so I figured I'd ask if you guys thought there were any chandes that needed to be made? Anyways, onto the pics:)

EDIT: The door does acctually fit perfectly, just the way it is attached means I accidentally knocked it back before the photos, sorry :(

Front/side (sorry, this pic came out badly):

Posted Image

Side:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

So, thanks for looking and sorry for all the confusion about this thread :)
-Chris

Edited by Chriswilson2, 17 October 2012 - 04:08 PM.

SuperSpecialAwessomeChoclateyFudgeCoatedMegaSuperAmazingBlackFalconDude

#2 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Making a topic for a WIP is not frowned upon, and in fact is HIGHLY encouraged.   However, making a topic asking if you SHOULD create a topic for a WIP IS frowned upon!  I guess you got two strikes in one swing on that one!

You can edit your first post, and add the WIP pictures to it.  Make sure the pictures aren't bigger than 800 x 600.

I can change the title to whatever you want the WIP to say at that time.  I fixed the extra 's', but we can come up with a better title once you have the photos.  Something like medieval cottage WIP or something.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#3 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

I think it would be great for you to post WIP pictures. This means that other members can comment on your MOC and suggest improvements to help you. :sweet:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#4 Chriswilson2

Chriswilson2

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostZCerberus, on 15 October 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Making a topic for a WIP is not frowned upon, and in fact is HIGHLY encouraged.   However, making a topic asking if you SHOULD create a topic for a WIP IS frowned upon!  I guess you got two strikes in one swing on that one!

You can edit your first post, and add the WIP pictures to it.  Make sure the pictures aren't bigger than 800 x 600.

I can change the title to whatever you want the WIP to say at that time.  I fixed the extra 's', but we can come up with a better title once you have the photos.  Something like medieval cottage WIP or something.

Oopps, sorry for posting this then :/ If you could make the title Medieval Cottage WIP that would be great, I'll edit the post as soon as I can!

#5 Chriswilson2

Chriswilson2

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Ok, added the pics now, thanks for the name change :)

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Looks like a good start, the wood box, windows, and chimney are all nice details. Personally I think brown plates built into the white walls would look better than brown tiles SNOT for the cross beams as the vertical beams don't stick out like the horizontal ones currently. The door would look better tiled and if you could get it to fit right to the doorway so there wasn't a gap that would improve it even more.
Those are my suggestions, looking forward to seeing this progress :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#7 Chriswilson2

Chriswilson2

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 17 October 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Looks like a good start, the wood box, windows, and chimney are all nice details. Personally I think brown plates built into the white walls would look better than brown tiles SNOT for the cross beams as the vertical beams don't stick out like the horizontal ones currently. The door would look better tiled and if you could get it to fit right to the doorway so there wasn't a gap that would improve it even more.
Those are my suggestions, looking forward to seeing this progress :classic:

AARGH! The door does fit properly, it just decided to be a jerk for the photos :( As for the horizontal beams, I like them like that but it's interesting that you think otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users