Hi everyone

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EdgeMax

EdgeMax

Member: 32505

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hi i'm EdgeMax

I'm from Denmark and I'm new here to EB, I have just learned of its existence a few days ago.
I haven't built anything with Lego since I was a kid and now 25 years later I got my own kid which is why I started to gain interest in it again.
I don't haven anything left from my childhood so I'm starting from scratch, I really like Lego Star Wars so I bought the Death Star, and I work for Maersk so I got the Maersk Container ship and Maersk Train pretty cheap. But I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a lot of blocks so I can start building my own stuff.

I have already enjoyed a lot of the articles on the site and look forward to a lot more, so see you around on the forums.

#2 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Welcome in Eurobricks EdgeMax, Hope you enjoy our forum :wink: :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#3 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostEdgeMax, on 12 October 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I haven't built anything with Lego since I was a kid and now 25 years later I got my own kid which is why I started to gain interest in it again.

I think this is how quite a few of us ended up here.  I wish my parents hadn't given away my childhood Lego.

Anyway, welcome to Eurobricks!

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#4 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Welcome to Eurobricks, hope to see you in the SW forum sometime!
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#5 Vincent Kessels

Vincent Kessels

• Baby toilet + frying pan = flower

Member: 10753

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Welcome to eurobricks, EdgeMax!

Are you sure the Death Star is not for your kid? :wink:

#6 EdgeMax

EdgeMax

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

My son is only 2 years old so it will be a while before he ventures into the big sets, at the moment he is quite fond of his Duplo :classic:

#7 Laura Takayama

Laura Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Welcome to Eurobricks, EdgeMax!  I have a 2-year old Niece, whom I've been buying Duplo for for Christmas as well.

I'm kinda curious, but based on yo saying that you work for Maersk and your collectible minifig sailor avatar, I'm guessing you're a Merchant Seaman, right?  As a former US Navy sailor, I've always been curious as to what it was like on one of those big container ships, as compared to the dinky destroyer I was stationed on for 3 years of my service (it was quite cramped:  Even though I am about average height, I still regularly hit my head on pipes and stuff hooked to the overheads of the passageways).

...Of course if that's too personal or prying, I apologize.
-Laura/Hikaro Takayama

Gender-Fluid Christian and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#8 EdgeMax

EdgeMax

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi Hikaro

The Container ships are quite enormous and there is an awful lot of space, there are even elevators between decks. I used to be a Lieutenant in the Royal Danish Navy so I know what you mean about cramped quarters. Presently I am working in the offshore sector on supply and anchor handling vessels, they are a lot smaller than container ships but still a lot of room to come around.
And luckily in these modern times we have satellite internet, wireless all over the ship, so I can follow the forums on eurobricks when I'm not home. And nowadays we only do 4-6 weeks on the ship and 4-6 weeks at home, when I began we were away for 3 months at a time and no satellite communication.

#9 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Not good at planning idiot cowboy parties

Member: 1043

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Welcome

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users