DoubleT

Mars Mission - Pictures

So what all you Space fans have bin waiting for... Mars Mission...

Some well be sad others happy....

But Here they are

post-3-1167941803_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167941794.jpg

post-3-1167941784.jpg

post-3-1167941775.jpg

post-3-1167941765_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167941737_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167941812_thumb.jpg

post-3-1167941833_thumb.jpg

The Armoured Drilling Unit is pretty awesome. I'm not so sure about the others.

These remind me of the "Life on Mars" theme, I mean, look at that last picture, it looks just like the life of mars one with the system of tubing and the pump you press down. I had the orignal life on mars on, so maybe lego improved it. Personally, I will need to see some other pictures before I can make up mind mind wheater I like these or not. As of now, I have mixed emotions.

And look at the logo... look fimiliar?

While I don't mind a Mars theme these sets look pretty... "fantasy" to me. Almost like a "Castle in Space" (space ships looking like dragons and the like). And it's true, the resemblence to LoM is pretty... "obvious" ;-)

Guess I have to let the pics grow on me...

doesn't look that bad. have to see the sets though....may just get it. some of the mech units look decent. so does the pelican dropship lookalike.

not sure what the martians look like. seems to be green sw droids.

I was expecting worse, so these are okay. The Drilling Unit is gorgeous, but the rest is so-so.

uhh my head spins and those images does something funny with my stomach. i will need better pics before i can pass judgment on them.

Not bad, but not that great either.

I really wanted new SPACE to be about 'peaceful' space exploration, terraforming, cargo transporting, biodoming/future space city, and etc. For space warfare I still prefer Star Wars sets by a significant margin.

Having 2 seperate Space battle themes is a huge mistake in my opinion and the heavy use of orange on large pieces (especially large orange wheels) is somewhat of a turn off (I do like some of the orange trim).

The Armoured Drilling Unit is pretty awesome. I'm not so sure about the others.

Gotta agree with you Sam, i love the design of this vehicle but the rest isnt the best though the plane in set 7692 reminds me of one in the Aliens film.

Gah! Looks like Exo-force in space... with a dash of life on mars sprinkled in for that little extra touch of crappiness. I am curious to see the figures with the line, they might make it partially salvagable, particularly if the aliens are done well...

Steve

Holy cow i leave for two days and this is what happens?

if u ask me i think its freaking awesome

i really dont care for the aliens. id rather get all of the humman forces instead so i can play "armegedon"

Best movie

Not bad, but not that great either.

I really wanted new SPACE to be about 'peaceful' space exploration, terraforming, cargo transporting, biodoming/future space city, and etc. For space warfare I still prefer Star Wars sets by a significant margin.

Peace dosnt sell

It seems to me that the humans are responding to the alien threat by putting them into stasis pods (aka thos old LOM sleds)

oh my god...these look....terrible!!!

2007 was looking so good for city and castle...but it looks so bad for space!!!

stay on earth people...life on mars sucks!! :-X

Peace dosnt sell

I guess you're telling me that LEGO will be adding violent street gangs and drug dealers in every City set for now on because who in their right mind would want to build a peaceful city;)

I was hoping that LEGO would come out with the new them title 'SPACE' and made it centered around future moon-like bases and made it more like Future City with cargo transporting and etc.

I can't even see what it is supposed to look like.... :-X

No mars Mission on my wishlist I'm afraid *n*

7692 looks good the rest is: :-X :-X :-X :-X

Sry but that is a new Life on Mars series, and that is definately not what the fans shouted for. Neither did we call for anything exoforce like, sry...

I was expecting worse, so these are okay. The Drilling Unit is gorgeous, but the rest is so-so.

This is how I feel. When I heard life on mars, my expectations sunk. These sets are, in my opinion, much better than LoM, and a step in the right direction. I pray we'll get more and better space themes in the coming years.

My reaction is REALLY mixed. Okay, parts of me died when I saw some sets, and I suffered massive muscle spasms when looking at others, there were a few that made me leap from my chair. I'm no hardcore space fan, so my opinion could (and quite frankly, should) be taken with cratefuls of salt.

First one stabbed me with a blunt object. And drew blood. If it was in Exo-Force in place of that horrid massive robot wheel cart, I'd give it a major thumbs up. But anything else, nay. There's just something so repulsive about it that I can't really put my hands on it. It just doesn't feel right, y'know? But as I said, put it into Exo-Force, and I'd deem it awesome.

I literally have no words for the second one. While you could take some of the pieces and make one kick-big behind mecha dock with it, I see no other use. That plane looks like a Fisher-Price jet. The alien jet looks kinda funky, in either direction. It may be ugly because people expect it to be "LEGO Space", but it looks alot like the Minority Report ships. Give it a paintjob, stick a Alpha team member or a Spyrus one (Change paint-job accordingly) and it's good to go as a solo set!

I really like the forth, fifth and sixth sets. The forth is small, but it's nice! Oddly reminds me of the RoboForce flyer in the Robo Master set. The robot really fits the theme and can easily be converted into an exploration robot. I have no idea what those pods are, but overall, it looks nice. It's like a mini Space Station on wheels! If I was to explore Mars, I'd love to drive around in that thing! Though I'm sure the rover is a rehash from Life on Mars, we finally get something that's more suited for explorers. And that, I like! The drill tank is awesome, though the sheer existance of the Zamor launcher on it makes me cringe. Not really digging the air pumps either, unless it's used for transportation like the Life on Mars sets.

The rest are somewhat eye-wretching. My main gripe about it is that it actually looks like Megabloks for some of the construction. 7692 doesn't look like it's even made of LEGO at all! I don't think I'll pick up many of these sets, though I will buy other 2007 offerings. I just hope these do well among kids though. I like the direction LEGO is going (Minifigs everywhere) and I DEFINATELY don't want this to mess it up for them! I loathed that "Back to the brick" era just a few years back. There were no small minifig sets! I LIKE MY MINIFIGS! :'-(