Hello, howdy, holla and aloha

2 replies to this topic

#1 theDeanoRama

theDeanoRama

Member: 32353

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi Folks,

I'm elevating my standing from lurker to poster. We live in Burnaby, BC, Canada ... for those not familiar just think Vancouver (close enough). I've been doing the lego thing since I was a wee lad (40ish years ago) and have been trying to get a little more creative and develop my skills these last couple of years. I'm now even more motivated in that direction since my son has started showing more interest in building with me rather than 'playing' (read as disassembling) with what I build for either myself or for him.

My interests primarily lay in Sci-Fi themes but I also like vehicles (contemporary and vintage) as well as aircraft. I'm open to pretty much any scale, though the really big stuff will probably exist only as LDD files due to a lack of space .... this probably explains my recent attraction to mini scale models. My wife also enjoys lego and is more into village and buildings in the creator line (she doesn't scratch build yet but does like to do the kits). My son's interests seem to sit with Ninjago and anything that gets him an interesting minifig (he's 9 so I think thats pretty age appropriate at this stage). All in all we are a very legocentric family and even made a journey down south to Legoland Carlsbad this past spring and Yay! for a lego store opening up locally this past year :)

I'm still feeling my way around digital designer though I'm getting the hang of that I think - I've recently finished a modification to the truck from the Winter Village Post Office set as well as a micro F-14 moc, I'll post both of these once I figure out the right forums.  I've also just installed LDraw .... that one crossed my eyes and I'm thinking there is a steep learning curve to this one that will keep my nights occupied for months to come 0.o

Thats pretty much me (and my family) in an itty bitty intro type nutshell, see you out there :)

D.

AFOL residing on the West Coast of Canada.
My flickr feed as well as my MOCpages feed.

#2 Blondie-Wan

Blondie-Wan

• Honest as Abe

Member: 5831

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi! Welcome aboard!

#3 Wedge09

Wedge09

Member: 29763

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Welcome in Eurobricks theDeanoRama :classic: :classic: :classic:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users