Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Day Three

8057255880_85326d9ce3_z.jpg

It's not really any surprise that Randy and Poppy are up and about in the middle of the night once again. They know there will be bodies to chuck out of the back door, in addition to the bloody mess that was Zachary, so they set to work.

8057140657_0d828e3f68_z.jpg

It's also probably no surprise to discover that other people in the station are up and about too. Amelia has wandered into the cafeteria.

8057139013_0cdc623d15_z.jpg

"What the hell did I come in here for?" she wonders to herself in her wandering "Was it for potatoes? I honestly can't remember.." she keeps muttering to herself as she wanders, not noticing the dark figure behind her.

8057137981_85a7b17a36_z.jpg

She's about to give up and go back to bed when she turns around....

8057136705_ede7328b71_z.jpg

...and ends up chopped to pieces instead.

8057135589_acedee6edf_z.jpg

"Bahahahaha!" is the refrain issued by the dark figure as it scampers off into the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Mark has difficulty sleeping, what with the constant threat to his life and people dying and whatnot. He needs something to help him sleep, and unlike Amelia knows exactly what it is and where to find it. He sneaks to his desk while no-one is looking and unlocks his secret drawer to retrieve his favourite sleeping aid.

8057134766_11c9702baf_z.jpg

"My bwankie, there you are!" Mark cries, throwing his arms around it and farting a little. If only it were some sort of reflective bwankie, so he could see the face behind him, or perhaps more importantly, the weapon.

8057133537_62880f8ee0_z.jpg

It's over in moments; Mark's head rolls away and the figure once more disappears into the darkness, laughing.

8057132473_9bdea3ff76_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~

Once more the bodies are piled high out the back of the station, ready for collection.

8057131498_907770ac22_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~

The following morning the remaining inhabitants gather once more, eager to hear the news about their suspicions the previous day.

8057161335_8af53818bb_c.jpg

Randy's already taken the call, and has whispered the results to Poppy, who makes the announcement this time. All eyes turn, expectantly.

"So we have the results back, and it seems you managed to fight back yesterday. Good work, Zachary was indeed a member of the Kirksville Mafia"

8057156541_ed45f7eaf6_c.jpg

There are whoops and cheers as the inhabitants celebrate catching their first scummo, but Poppy has more news.

"Mark was killed last night, and unfortunately he was a loyal Townie."

Some boos from the crowd, the occasional sob and a few silent celebrations.

"And Amelia was also killed last night, but it transpires she was also a scummy member of the Mafia."

More cheers, and this time a few silent boos.

8057158919_5715225b16_c.jpg

"Good work, all of you, but you still have your work cut out for you." says Randy "Remember you will need to discuss your theories, raise your suspicions and analyse patterns to be successful."

And with that, the crowd disperses to discuss the situation at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later there is a knock at the door of Poppy's office and Henrietta walks in.

8059888539_b45e70e585_z.jpg

"Uhm, this is a Police Station, right? And we're supposed to be finding some sort of bad guys?" asks Henrietta

"Yes, and indeed yes" replies Randy, wondering where this is going

"Well, you all seem to think I'm an undercover cop, but I'm not, I'm just a bored housewife who got tired of sitting at home with the cats all day after the divorce, and I'm not actually a cop at all" continues Henrietta

"Riiiiiight..." says Randy, wondering what the hell is going on

"So, well, I think I should go home, because I think I left the oven on" finishes Henrietta

"Wha" starts Randy before a loud bang stops him in his tracks

8059886030_538994e58e_z.jpg

"Enough of this shit." says Poppy "Seriously."

8059884388_acfb94a756_z.jpg

"Nice shot, Poppy" Randy says appreciatively, noting Henrietta's head has been blown clean off

"Thanks sweetie, I think it's important that people understand not to megabluck around with the hosts" replies Poppy, smiling sweetly

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters, if any, have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Also, you may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. You may not edit your posts.
  9. You must post in every day thread.
  10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.
  11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Role PMs

All players have been sent a Role PM in the following format:

<EB Username>,

Welcome to Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game. Information about your character and role can be found below. Please use only this PM to communicate with us about the game. No other form of communication will be acknowledged. To start off, set your avatar to the picture below (or put it in your signature), put your character’s name in your signature (don’t reveal your affiliation or role!), and confirm your participation in this thread.

Good luck and have fun!

Pandora and Rick

Your Character

<Character image>

<Character name>, <Character description>

<The extended character description that can also be found in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread goes here.>

Your Role

You are a member of the Town and are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night action. You will need to use your skills in deduction and analysis, and your wits to combat the Mafia, but don’t forget that your vote is the most powerful weapon you have.

or

You are a member of the Town and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.

or

You are a member of the Mafia and are a Goon.

or

You are a member of the Mafia and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.

Your Win Condition

You win when the Mafia is eliminated.

or

You win when the Mafia outnumbers the Town.

Characters

Non-Playing Characters

7576579534_0df0d91269_t.jpg

Poppy, Chief Inspector and new Chief of Police, played by Pandora

7576542838_749382f63e_t.jpg

Randy, Special Agent of the KIA, played by Rick

Players

7576590826_acac1df113_t.jpg

Adam, Motorcycle Cop, played by badboytje88

7576582272_330e1ae0e1_t.jpg

Christine, Coffee Lady, played by konze

7576567626_cba7b2a171_t.jpg

Ian, Lawyer, played by TazManiac

7576564728_ba0333dd0e_t.jpg

Isaac, Janitor, played by TrumpetKing67

7576560040_629ce5f28b_t.jpg

Jared, Beat Cop, played by Ferrik

7576554368_ca4d461c83_t.jpg

Kendra, Beat Cop, played by Stormblessed

7576548838_bf5e8b1c56_t.jpg

Phil, Detective, played by Scorpiox

7576545966_d0e44181a2_t.jpg

Phyllis, Beat Cop, played by Superficial Username

7576539870_76e91efc77_t.jpg

Samantha, Local 'Masseuse', played by DarthPotato

The Deceased

8033453557_b4594f5a92_t.jpg

Jean, Local Bum, played by Endgame, Town, Lynched on Day 1

8039522780_8681984ceb_t.jpg

Gary, Bomb Disposal Officer, played by Adam, Town, Decapitated on Night 1

8039523034_d1b053ded2_t.jpg

Andrea, Secretary to the Chief of Police, played by PsyKater, Town, Chopped to pieces on Night 1

8051311199_08fafd3f8f_t.jpg

Zachary, Forensic Officer, played by zakura, Mafia, Lynched on Day 2

8057166522_f523f572eb_t.jpg

Amelia, Desk Sergeant, played by TheBoyWonder, Mafia, Chopped to pieces on Night 2

8057166677_0cc109e57c_t.jpg

Mark, Team Leader Vice Squad, played by JaseTJ, Town, Decapitated on Night 2

8080346443_35e14fd7d0_t.jpg

Henrietta, Undercover Cop, played by Masked Builder, affiliation will be revealed on Day 4, Shot (mod-killed) on Day 3

Lesson Seven: Metagaming

Metagaming refers to using any information from outside the game to influence your play inside the game. It is often used to refer to using information about a player's play style in previous games to infer whether they are Town or Mafia in the current game. Since most players in a Mafia School game are playing their first game on Eurobricks, Metagaming is not that much of an issue. Metagaming is typically discouraged as players can easily shoot themselves in the foot by relying too much on "tells" based on players' behaviour in past games. In Advanced Games, Metagaming plays a significant role in scum hunting activities by the Town though. Players will try to mimic their "Town game" when they are Mafia or deliberately vary their strategy over games to try and become harder to read and therefore remain undetected longer when they are Mafia. Remember that Metagaming is not limited to people's playstyles, as it is also true that referring to previous game setups by the same or a different host to speculate about the current game is also Metagaming, as is noting people's activity (or not) on Eurobricks. The most particularly bad example of Metagaming is the tendency to place posts in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread stating "Sorry I haven't been around but I was abducted by aliens, I'm not quiet because I'm scum, please don't lynch me". It never works, it's intensely irritating, just don't do it.

Hmm, this feels strangely familiar. I just can't figure out why though... anyway, it's great that we've caught two scum and all but we really need to get discussing so we can make a lynch today.

This feels so familiar. As if we are repeating something, or maybe a couple of hours. I can't put my finger on it.

Anyways, I'd still like to hear Isaac talk. He never responded to my last post, even though he was online.

Wow, this seems really familiar.

Kendra, what concerns would youike me to address again? While I seem to remember these events, I don't seem to remember anybody saying anything.

It mist be your imagination that you remember this... :laugh: Anyway, it's excellent that we have killed two scum. Let's hope we get lucky and catch more mafia soon.

Well this is all very strange....... some very interesting voting patterns to address from the past two days.

Day Three Interlude

After that necessary unpleasantness, Randy and Poppy begin to discuss the day's events so far.

8059884388_acfb94a756_z.jpg

"Do you think anyone listened to what we said this morning?" Poppy muses to Randy

"They should be discussing their theories and suspicions and look back at people's behaviour over the past two days."

"Boop beep beep boop" says Little Gary

"Beepety boop!

:angry: "

"That's right Little Gary, they're not going to defeat the infiltrators if they don't talk" says Randy "They may have brought down two members of the Kirksville Mafia, but I get the feeling that this battle is far from over."

You may now vote. With 9 players remaining, 5 votes are needed for a majority.

I need to start staying up later. I had the strangest dreams...I need more caffeine. :wub_drool:

Good to see that two scum were caught. Congrats to the vig! :sweet: And I really must thank all of the little germs for not getting dirty, dirty Zachary sick. :sick:

Anyway, it's already time to vote and people need to speak up. Ian, could you expand on anything you may have noticed? That would be great.

I am suspicious of Isaac. During Day 3 (before the lost data), I pointed out that I was suspicious of Christine and Isaac. Christine hadn't talked much, but was very obviously a townie if you looked at her voting record. Or a really clever/foolish scum. Voting for Zachary on day one is the most logical reason Christine is town. When I brought that up, Isaac jumped on the bandwagon, attacking Chrsitine. But didn't even address the fact I thought he was also suspicious.

Isaac spoke a lot on day one, and said just about the same amount as me on day two. I think he is scum who spoke a lot on day one, knew he could accuse someone safely, and then stop talking as much, knowing that people would remember that he had said a lot. Jumping on a bandwagon without doing any looking into Christine voting record means that at the very best, he is an unhelpful townie. He also got Jean lynched.

I agree with eveyone who says that we should start voting soon, but only when we really have a good reason to vote for someone.

Kendra, I have absolutely no idea how many times I have explained myself, but I am 100% sure I have. Look at what you just said. You said you were suspiscious of Christine right before we lost our memory, and that she was obviously a townie. That makes purely no sense at all. And using Jean's lynch against me isn't helping because several people voted for Jean.

Let me explain, since my last post was a little confusing.

1. I accused both Christine and you (Isaac) in one of the last posts before the memory wipe.

2. I set a little bait to see who would just bandwagon on to an accusation on Christine because if one looks at her voting record, its obvious she is a townie. Voting for Zachary on day one, when he obviously wasn't going to be lynched isn't something a scum would do. (or a really really clever scum)

3. You continued my accusation toward Christine, providing more proof you are ether an unhelpful townie, or scum (like Christine).

4. You were the first one to accuse Jean, not just one of the people to vote for him. That's what makes it so meaningful. You started the attack on Jean.

5. You spoke a lot on day one. Much more than me. On day two, you spoke the same amount as me. I think that you spoke a lot on day one, so you could speak less on all the other days to sail under our scumdars.

If this is still confusing, then I shall explain further.

A point I'd also like to add is that I want to see everybody talking, accusing, etc. It only can help scum when we don't talk. Talking can help scum, but not talking only helps scum.

Jared, because you're last I'll use you as an example. Your post was meaningless. You said that we should vote, but only if there was a reason. Which is how one should always vote. Your post was just there to be a post, without any accusations, defenses, or salient points brought forward.

Kendra does make some good points about us talking more. If we don't lynch then it's all over for us.

Adam, do you have any other contributions to make? All of what you said doesn't really help and I noticed you were accused yesterday, but your defense didn't really meet my standards (I'm not sure if you said more or not before the memory wipe though).

My speaking has nothing to do with this entire situation. Ian led the lynch against Jean, but even if I had, we had a very low chance of getting a scum on day 1. Also, look at what you just said. You called Christine an obvious townie, yet you also said she could be scum. And people don't start bandwagons towards "obvious townies." , even if it is a "trap".

I wasn't starting a bandwagon. I was setting something up. And my thoughts on Christine are this:

1. Voting for Zachary on day one makes me trust her the most, seeing as how no one was accusing him yet so it doesn't seem like a scum thing to do.

2. Unless it was a really, really clever or stupid scum who could see Zachary getting lynched even on day one and wanted to get ahead of the curve.

I lean toward #1 though.

However, Christine isn't talking and that means she is an unhelpful townie, which is bad.

I do appreciate Isaac responding because he is talking more than most.

Yesterday Ian said he was suspicious of me because I voted for a townie twice. (correct me if I am wrong). I didn't defend myself because he didn't really have a valid argument for why people should vote for me. On the first day I voted for Jean, who turned out to be town, but so did 8 other people. On the second day I voted for Isaac, who's affiliation is yet to be confirmed.

This brings me to the next thing. Dear Ian, if you are so sure Isaac is town, this can only mean 2 things:

1 you are scum and know that Isaac is not on your team an thus a part of town or a third faction.

2 you are town and are part of the inner circle of townies with a night actions. So someone in that group, or maybe even you, has an investigative power.

So Ian what'll it be?

OK guys, we need to make a decision soon. Time is slowly starting to be lost, and we have made little to no progress today. While Kendra is correct about Christine's voting habit, she may be our best bet for tonight's lynch. She hasn't said one thing at all today,and i I remebe rom our little dejã vu incident, she hadn't said anything anyways.

Oops, on that last line I meant "if I remember from." , and it appears my tongue got tied while saying that.

So Ian what'll it be?

Like I said before, 2 people who we know were scum voted for Isaac yesterday, surely two of his own team would not vote for him.

So, yes he could be a serial killer but it very unlikly he is scum. But the other people that voted for Isaac yesterday are all prime suspects.

And just to be clear, I started the vote for Jean, I pulled my vote very early but I started it nonetheless, so any thought that Isaac was behind all that is a bit weak, and I was very suspicious of Isaac at first too but time has shown us the truth people.

Oh and one more thing, Henrietta will be scum too, just watch, she voted for Jean then for Isaac too.

Jared, because you're last I'll use you as an example. Your post was meaningless. You said that we should vote, but only if there was a reason. Which is how one should always vote. Your post was just there to be a post, without any accusations, defenses, or salient points brought forward.

What I was trying to say was that we should only really vote if there was a good reason, instead of voting purely because we want a lynch today. But I guess, that post was kind of meaningless...

Like I said before, 2 people who we know were scum voted for Isaac yesterday, surely two of his own team would not vote for him.

So, yes he could be a serial killer but it very unlikly he is scum. But the other people that voted for Isaac yesterday are all prime suspects.

And just to be clear, I started the vote for Jean, I pulled my vote very early but I started it nonetheless, so any thought that Isaac was behind all that is a bit weak, and I was very suspicious of Isaac at first too but time has shown us the truth people.

Oh and one more thing, Henrietta will be scum too, just watch, she voted for Jean then for Isaac too.

Why wouldn't scum vote for scum? It makes Isaac look like a member of the town. I am very sorry Isaac, I am at this point not suspicious of you, but you are no where near a confirmed townie for me.

Ian you are basing your theory on a uncertainty. I do not like that!

Well at the moment, my best guess is voting for someone who isn't contributing to out investigation. So I am sorry to say I don't have anything to go on either.