• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Member: 22170

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Posted Image Layout

These photos of my town were taken at BrisBricks 2012. Once I unpack set it up again in my home I'll take photos of the bits I missed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the buildings (apart from the houses front left of the full shot) are my own. A big thank you to those who contributed the houses, vehicles and road plates to complete the display for the public to enjoy.

Lord of Fuchal    

#2 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

This was an excellent layout.  I particularly liked the area with the ramps for the skateboarders - I have added a "skaty bevan park" to my list of things to try and make!

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

AWESOME layout 'Xyver', fantastic combination of city and Friend's stuff together.
Looks like you had a good turn out at that show. :classic:
Brick On ! :grin:

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Great layout! The different buildings are excellent and the smaller details like half-pipe and pond are just as good  :thumbup:
I like how many vehicles and minifigs you included in it, really brings it to life  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#5 lostdriveway

lostdriveway

Member: 14732

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Nice display!

One question however - I live in Brisbane, am a AFOL and had no idea about BrisBricks 2012!  Did they do any advertising or anything? I had today off and would have come to the show but had absolutely no idea this was going on!

Posted Image

#6 pinioncorp

pinioncorp

Member: 8765

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Your town looks great (despite the lack of a train), with heaps of detail and great original creations. I especially love the continuous waterfront that naturally curves around the table. Placing various buildings at an arbitrary angle also looks great, it really goes against the grid.

My only suggestion would be to invest in some more foliage, whether it be standard Lego trees or brick built creations. Nature strips with trees and bushes would really break up the monotony of the unadorned grey road baseplates.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Great layout Xyver! I love looking at the pics, you have some great modulars! How long did it take for you to unpack, set up, then repack for the event?  Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#8 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Kristel - the two half pipes were actually incredibly easy. The larger one is just 6x5 panels joined together with hinge plates to get the curves. The smaller one is just the inverted arches, with plenty of black tiles. I was really happy with the way they turned out.

Lightning Tiger, we were overwhelmed at the turn out, over 8,000 people over the three days (not including under threes).

Lostdriveway - sorry that you didn't hear about the event, there wasn't much of a budget for advertising. There was a post on Eurobricks under Events as well as plenty goings on on Facebook. We are planning to hold the even the same time next year, so keep an eye out. It will be bigger and better.

pinioncorp - There wasn't enough space for a train unfortunately, they take up a lot of space. There will be one in there by next year's event though, it just means I have to go wider. I also don't own a lot of trees, but will have to invest in more of them and also plenty of grey tiles to footpath everything.

LEGO Guy Bri - setup for the show was about 5-6 hours, minfigs take a long time to put around the place. Packup wasn't as bad, only about 1.5 hours, but I wasn't as careful and have plenty of rebuilding to do to set it up in my house again.

Lord of Fuchal    

#9 EvMan

EvMan

Member: 23956

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hola!

Your display was off the chain!  Many photos taken of it on the day.  I had a chat to (I think) your wife about her volcano.  Good times.

Ev

#10 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Excellent city! Great job laying out the Creator sets, I'm having trouble with getting them the way I really want. I like your take on 10182 Cafe Corner. It's too bad you don't own(assuming since it's not there as far as I can tell)10194 Town Plan. The cinema and town hall would look perfect in your small town atmosphere. I like how you shrunk down the pet shop. Very cool! I always enjoy seeing other peoples towns, it gives me so much inspiration and ideas. I love that parking lot, too. :thumbup:
Clone Army-124 & counting...

#11 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

That is an excellent layout for your town. All the different buildings go well together. I like the Loch Ness monster. :sweet:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#12 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

The awning on the Naiaville hospital required repair, so they needed a cherry picker. As there wasn't one available, some of the local mechanics got together and made one up:

Here the workers are arriving, not sure its too safe to ride in the basket, but since the cab only fits one person he didn't really have a choice.

Posted Image

That's the right height

Posted Image

I think its fixed now

Posted Image

Lord of Fuchal    

#13 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Great cherry picker 'Xyver' :thumbup: .....though it's the white into yellow that's a little bit off ! :laugh:
Brick On 'Xyver' ! :classic:

#14 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I agree Tiger, but the available parts I had forced it that way.

Which looks better, white of yellow:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Will have to get some parts either way as I had to deconstruct some vehicles to get the colours.

Lord of Fuchal    

#15 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

i like the all yellow one better, but the grill is nicer on the white one.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Be strong!

#16 theDeanoRama

theDeanoRama

Member: 32353

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I like the addition of the mirrors in the yellow as well as the colours :thumbup: but as Kristel mentions, it does need a grillier grill I think

AFOL residing on the West Coast of Canada.
My flickr feed as well as my MOCpages feed.

#17 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I didn't even realise that the white one didn't have mirrors! it should have. Lego have used a few different designs for mirrors in the last few years, but I like this one the best, even converting some of the sets over to this style.

I have gone back to the yellow, with the grill plates instead of the white tile, it does look much better. My Mobile Police Unit truck has its doors and windscreen back now.

I have a few more ideas for some service trucks, once I get my bricklink order of windscreens and wheel axle brick thingies I'll post some more.

I've also relaid my town out at home, but have a bit more work to do to set up all the buildings again. I will post updated photos once I find a few spare days to actually get to work on it.

Lord of Fuchal    

#18 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Another truck, this one is a utility vehicle for a council worker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lord of Fuchal    

#19 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Looks great! It's very nice feeling seeing all themes coexisting in one Lego city!
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#20 tomdobs55

tomdobs55

Member: 19685

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Wow that last truck is great.  the way the tools are hung on the clips is very unique.  Only issue is the space between the cab and the cabinet doors, looks a little odd.  Other than that great truck...By the way I like the white bucket truck better than the yellow one.
My Collection
My Brickshelf

-Tom
Medford, MA

#21 Ludzik

Ludzik

Member: 23579

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Amazing build!  Though my favourite part has to be R2D2 in the skate park :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users