Jump to content


Assassin's Creed Decals


76 replies to this topic

#26 PsyKater

PsyKater

  • I am Adriano. Please be nice.


    Posts: 2122
    Joined: 03-August 12
    Member: 30022
    Country: Germany

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

So little time until the AC III arrives. (sorry OT)

Thanks for the old Ezio! It's great! I didn't even notice that he has no cape anymore while playing the game.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)


Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer


Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!


#27 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostJamit, on 30 October 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I'd like to make a request, could you make the British soldier and British general that are shown in the Assassin's Creed III trailer? I have a render I want to try and pull off. :)

http://www.majhost.c...10h42m02s70.jpg
http://www.majhost.c...0h42m09s170.jpg
http://www.majhost.c...10h48m43s13.jpg
http://www.majhost.c...0h49m30s107.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...10h47m08s56.jpg
http://www.majhost.c...0h47m15s156.jpg
http://www.majhost.c...10h47m59s61.jpg

I know TLG has sort of done these, but I think those might look out of place next to your decals, which are at a different level. If you can help I've got something pretty interesting I think I could pull off!

Sounds great, and I'd love to see it when you finish! Here's the Officer, let me know if these will work for that render or if there's some tweaks or changes you'd like. I don't know if that first face is necessary, but I was experimenting, so don't feel like you have to use it.

I'll try and finish the British Soldiers sometime soon, when I get some more time.

Posted Image

Clear Version:

Posted Image

Edited by DarkKnight7, 31 October 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#28 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

I thought I'd even do a quick mockup, to see what it would look like as a figure...not too bad. (By the way, hopefully FireStarToys is okay with me using their image as a source for this mockup)

Posted Image

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#29 PsyKater

PsyKater

  • I am Adriano. Please be nice.


    Posts: 2122
    Joined: 03-August 12
    Member: 30022
    Country: Germany

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I just started with AC III and in the beginning you don't get to play Connor immediately but "Haytham Kenway" (won't post here his role to avoid spoiler). He would make an awesome minifigure, I think. Here are some reference pics via google:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Edited by PsyKater, 07 November 2012 - 01:52 PM.

- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)


Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer


Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!


#30 woody64

woody64

    Posts: 797
    Joined: 12-November 06
    Member: 1078
    Country: Austria

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostDarkKnight7, on 31 October 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Sounds great, and I'd love to see it when you finish! Here's the Officer, let me know if these will work for that render or if there's some tweaks or changes you'd like. I don't know if that first face is necessary, but I was experimenting, so don't feel like you have to use it.

I'll try and finish the British Soldiers sometime soon, when I get some more time.
Clear Version:

Very well done.
Maybe you will also like these pictures, which were done some months before Assasins but are showing exactly  British troops also used in the game.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Decals can be found here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=417822
(most of the decals are based on important prework from other decal designers)

Edited by woody64, 08 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.
Visit the Minifig Generator

#31 Jamit

Jamit

  • The voice of LAML radio


    Posts: 43
    Joined: 15-September 06
    Member: 960

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

View Postwoody64, on 08 November 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Maybe you will also like these pictures, which were done some months before Assasins but are showing exactly  British troops also used in the game.
Thanks for posting those woody. I had forgotten about your excellent decals. I actually have all your American Revolution decals saved on my PC as part of my decal library. My one hesitation about using your decals though is the red colour is slightly different from what DarkKnight7 has used for his officer decal. I've also always been worried about the lower resolution you have... but I did just throw one of your decals into my project (which is sadly coming rather slowly) and it seems to look pretty good. I definatly might be able to use these if DarkKnight7 has other decals he'd rather spend his time on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 PsyKater

PsyKater

  • I am Adriano. Please be nice.


    Posts: 2122
    Joined: 03-August 12
    Member: 30022
    Country: Germany

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wow, this looks good :thumbup:  :cry_happy:  I am excited right now and will ask you every week about your progress :grin: :tongue:
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)


Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer


Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!


#33 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostJamit, on 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Thanks for posting those woody. I had forgotten about your excellent decals. I actually have all your American Revolution decals saved on my PC as part of my decal library. My one hesitation about using your decals though is the red colour is slightly different from what DarkKnight7 has used for his officer decal. I've also always been worried about the lower resolution you have... but I did just throw one of your decals into my project (which is sadly coming rather slowly) and it seems to look pretty good. I definatly might be able to use these if DarkKnight7 has other decals he'd rather spend his time on.

Posted Image

Wow, this looks awesome, Jamit! Can't wait to see the whole thing! I think the soldier decals made by Woody64 work well for this, in my opinion, but if you would like me to add some more higher resolution ones, that would be fine, too.  As I was looking at these renders of the officer, I notice a few things that I wanted to change, minor but important things (belt width, size of metal neck thing, middle buttons, etc.) as well as I thought I'd create a few more versions of the officer face for you to take (use if you like, thought I'd through a few together quick, as I wasn't really that happy with my original design). Here are the revised officer decals with the newer face as well.

Posted Image

On a side note, it will be cool to see how Connor looks on your render. By the way, not sure if this helps at all, but there is a 3D version of Connor's axe found on Shapeways here. Not sure if you can contact the creator to request permission to use it (or if you even wanted to), but just a thought, as it looks so close to the real one in the game. Keep up the great work, Jamit!

Quote

I just started with AC III and in the beginning you don't get to play Connor immediately but "Haytham Kenway" (won't post here his role to avoid spoiler). He would make an awesome minifigure, I think. Here are some reference pics via google:

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

PsyKater, that is a cool looking character, you can bet I'll get around to designing him in the very near future. Thanks for sharing that!

On a side note, I got some test prints of Connor's torso and face, and man do they look crisp! Just have to fine tune the prices, and find the pieces, and the Dark Knight, Assassin's Creed, and a few other designs should be available soon! I'll update you with more as the final prototyping is sent back.

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#34 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Here's a quick render of the new decal designed of the British Officer from Assassin's Creed to give you an idea. (rough I know...)

Posted Image

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#35 Jamit

Jamit

  • The voice of LAML radio


    Posts: 43
    Joined: 15-September 06
    Member: 960

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostDarkKnight7, on 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

As I was looking at these renders of the officer, I notice a few things that I wanted to change, minor but important things (belt width, size of metal neck thing, middle buttons, etc.) as well as I thought I'd create a few more versions of the officer face for you to take (use if you like, thought I'd through a few together quick, as I wasn't really that happy with my original design). Here are the revised officer decals with the newer face as well.
For now I'll use woody's decals, I've yet to get to a shot that is a close up of one of the soldiers. When I get that I'll be better able to tell if they'll work. The new belt looks good, I'll update. As for the heads, I haven't quite got there yet, you can probably tell that all the soldiers had the same design. I need to find out which designs I'll use and then turn the designs into an editable mesh so I can animate some expressions.

Connor - Right now I'm not 100% sure all of what you had intended for some of his design elements. Earlier you had posted about the wrap around design from firestartoys.com, is it your plan to still use that? Also, how are the leg decals supposed to be applied? I've never used leg decals before, but it seems the tan would look off if the hips are not tan.
Posted Image

#36 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I don't venture into this forum that often, but these are fantastic. I love this game series and I think I need to get some blank figs to make some of these.

Excellent work!

#37 woody64

woody64

    Posts: 797
    Joined: 12-November 06
    Member: 1078
    Country: Austria

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I really like DarkKnights' design of the British.
Since I did that decal some weeks ago I want at least to share it.


Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by woody64, 10 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.
Visit the Minifig Generator

#38 CF Mitch

CF Mitch

  • Lives in Belgium


    Posts: 827
    Joined: 08-February 07
    Member: 1347
    Country: Holland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Wow. This is absolutely amazing :oh:
I love the AC games and it would be epic to see the characters in LEGO-form.
Too bad I don't make customs, so your decals are somewhat 'useless' to me (for lack of a better word, I really mean no offense or harm :blush:) but they are truly terrific :drool:
My favorite is Old Ezio, but then again he's my favorite version of Ezio in the game as well. You did his beard really fantastic :sweet:
The others are also just plain perfect LEGO-representations of their game counterparts.

Jambit, your render is magnificent as well :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel, 08 November 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Agent Coulson: "We need you"
Tony Stark: "Yeah, more than you know..."
Agent Coulson: "Not that much"

#39 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostCF WeaZZel, on 08 November 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Wow. This is absolutely amazing :oh:
I love the AC games and it would be epic to see the characters in LEGO-form.
Too bad I don't make customs, so your decals are somewhat 'useless' to me (for lack of a better word, I really mean no offense or harm :blush:) but they are truly terrific :drool:
My favorite is Old Ezio, but then again he's my favorite version of Ezio in the game as well. You did his beard really fantastic :sweet:
The others are also just plain perfect LEGO-representations of their game counterparts.

Jambit, your render is magnificent as well :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Thanks, Mitch, glad you like them. Well, the good news is I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale, (not sure which ones...might have to set up a poll soon), which would be perfect for those who don't do the decal thing, like yourself. So, that should be an option soon, hopefully before Thanksgiving week (crossing fingers).

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#40 woody64

woody64

    Posts: 797
    Joined: 12-November 06
    Member: 1078
    Country: Austria

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostDarkKnight7, on 08 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

... I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale

Good option, I always find this decal printing very boring and  an option to order could be very helpful ...

For the interested ones in building such figures I've posted some useful items in another thread

Edited by woody64, 09 November 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.
Visit the Minifig Generator

#41 CF Mitch

CF Mitch

  • Lives in Belgium


    Posts: 827
    Joined: 08-February 07
    Member: 1347
    Country: Holland

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostDarkKnight7, on 08 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Thanks, Mitch, glad you like them. Well, the good news is I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale, (not sure which ones...might have to set up a poll soon), which would be perfect for those who don't do the decal thing, like yourself. So, that should be an option soon, hopefully before Thanksgiving week (crossing fingers).

Ooh, that would be awesome indeed :oh:

I don't suppose you have any idea, yet, concerning prices?

Regards,
Mitch
Agent Coulson: "We need you"
Tony Stark: "Yeah, more than you know..."
Agent Coulson: "Not that much"

#42 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostCF WeaZZel, on 09 November 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Ooh, that would be awesome indeed :oh:

I don't suppose you have any idea, yet, concerning prices?

Regards,
Mitch

No, still awaiting a quote on the price for printing, but that comes after the next phase of prototype printing is done, so we will know the cost of everything. To be honest, it looks like these may not realistically be done until December...but I'm hoping for November! As for decals, I should have the back to Old Ezio up soon and Desmond. After that, I'll get started on the Haytham Kenway guy from the new game (pics in thread above).

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#43 Axis600

Axis600

    Posts: 209
    Joined: 16-May 12
    Member: 28633

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostDarkKnight7, on 09 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

No, still awaiting a quote on the price for printing, but that comes after the next phase of prototype printing is done, so we will know the cost of everything. To be honest, it looks like these may not realistically be done until December...but I'm hoping for November! As for decals, I should have the back to Old Ezio up soon and Desmond. After that, I'll get started on the Haytham Kenway guy from the new game (pics in thread above).
Are you gonna print on the legs, or are you still considering the cloth option?
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#44 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostAxis600, on 09 November 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Are you gonna print on the legs, or are you still considering the cloth option?

For now, my idea is to print on the front of all of the legs in some part or the other (Altair = print just the red sash, with full white wrap around; Ezio = print on front and side completely; Old Ezio = partial print on front, Lego material wrap around for side and back; and Connor = Front leg printing, back and part side wrap around (with printing on it)). But, I'm not completely sure, really. I like having the detail with the front leg printing, and it looks great from the test prints, but I think there is sometihng missing in the back without some kind of wrap around for Old Ezio and Connor, but especially with Altair. I just have to figure out how to do these custom, where to find the material, and how to make the cutouts in a manner to sell lots of them. Not sure...but, if you or anyone has some good suggestions, or people to refer me to for custom wrap around designs with Lego material, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#45 grace

grace

    Posts: 47
    Joined: 18-September 12
    Member: 31975
    Country: USA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Personally, I'd love to see a custom wrap around for the legs, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!! :sweet:

#46 CF Mitch

CF Mitch

  • Lives in Belgium


    Posts: 827
    Joined: 08-February 07
    Member: 1347
    Country: Holland

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Don't worry about when you'll release them, DarkKnight7. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait anyway :wink:

Can't wait to see your Haytham Kenway :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch
Agent Coulson: "We need you"
Tony Stark: "Yeah, more than you know..."
Agent Coulson: "Not that much"

#47 woody64

woody64

    Posts: 797
    Joined: 12-November 06
    Member: 1078
    Country: Austria

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Can't help playing a little bit around ...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by woody64, 10 November 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.
Visit the Minifig Generator

#48 empithree

empithree

    Posts: 5
    Joined: 12-November 12
    Member: 32901

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hey guy. how do i print those decal to fit it into a minifig. When i print preview it, the image are too large to fit to a minifig. is there a way so i can resize it as the image are attach together. cant really resize it.

#49 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

View Postempithree, on 12 November 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Hey guy. how do i print those decal to fit it into a minifig. When i print preview it, the image are too large to fit to a minifig. is there a way so i can resize it as the image are attach together. cant really resize it.

I use this tutorial here. What I would add to this is to be sure before you resize to crop, if necessary, so that the measured size you enter goes exactly from the right edge of the torso to the left edge of the torso. Some torsos on here are not exactly to the edge, as sometimes I didn't double check. As you can see below, you should crop it right to the edge, if needed. Then, I usually adjusted the size of the width to 0.60 " (inches) and it usually the perfect width, but not always. I would print it out on a regular sheet of paper first, then check it on the fig. If it works, then print on the decal.

Hope that helps.

Posted Image

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image


#50 DarkKnight7

DarkKnight7

    Posts: 198
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29005
    Country: United States

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Desmond has now been added.

Store: WWW.PHOENIXCUSTOMBRICKS.COM


Posted Image


New Custom Minifigures - Now Available!

Posted Image Posted Image




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users