Shopko Hometown Store

5 replies to this topic

#1 Carson Haupt

Carson Haupt

Member: 27703

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, if it isn't could some one move it?So the local Pamida is closing and being turned into Shopko, does anyone know if they sell Lego? If they do, what kind and what is the mark-up? Thanks! :cry_happy:
Check out my Mocpage!

#2 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

• Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

From my experience, Shopko has a decent LEGO selection but with a pretty severe markup (similar to the Toys R Us markup).
Never tell me the odds!

#3 Carson Haupt

Carson Haupt

Member: 27703

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostThe_Chosen_1, on 23 September 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

From my experience, Shopko has a decent LEGO selection but with a pretty severe markup (similar to the Toys R Us markup).
Okay, thanks. (I am not familiar with the markup at Toys R Us)
Check out my Mocpage!

#4 nebraska

nebraska

• Das Boot

Member: 1182

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

We have 4 Shopko's in town.  One of which is basically a 'grandma' store as it's located in the middle of a retirement area but it has incredible sales on Lego.  I picked up 5 passenger planes # 7893 for $15.00/each a few years ago along with the new Slave One for $15.00.  You just have to watch the stores as there is no rhyme or reason why I see the sales.  I just usually check by once a week on my way home from work.

#5 meyerc13

meyerc13

Member: 8246

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Shopko has terrible LEGO prices, the mark-up is much worse than TRU.  Example - Collectible Minifigs for $6.  Their sales will bring the price down around MSRP or slightly below at times, but that's about it.

With all of that said, I've found some incredible LEGO clearance deals at Shopko.  50%-75% off MSRP are possible, but you need to be diligent.  They won't drop it all at once, like Target they make several cuts in price.  So it's worth keeping an eye on their LEGO aisle.
Christopher Meyer

#6 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

I have nothing new to add to this. I was about to say the same thing. We probably have multiple 4+ ShopKos here and I have always seen high LEGO prices. But I have also seen good clearance deals. Speaking of which, I should make a stop at one soon to see if they have anything worthwhile.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users