Hexx

Oracle Tower of Arcanos

10_zps8a4ddf35.jpg

"...I haven't been atop the Plavetnyr Summit since I was but a boy, why did the Oracle summon me now?" - the Prince muttered to himself standing on a plateau accross the worned out Oracle Tower.

04_zpse1c81739.jpg

"Glad to see you made it to the Summit, your Highness" - the voice said. Prince wasn't sure if it was only in his head or it echoed all around him - "Make your way accross the bridge, we have much to discuss".

03_zpsc6e7722d.jpg

Many men saught the Oracle, but in order to find it, they had to climb the Plavetnyr mountain and actually locate the right peak, upon arriving the Oracle Tower would appear if the person would be dim worthy. The Prince came alone. He thought it to be the best. The tower seemed to have been cloaked by clouds and mist, after hearing the voice, a bridge which looked like it was made solely out of light, slowly appeared, connecting the plateau with the Tower.

05_zpse1d165bf.jpg

"Now, there is a great danger looming over us, my Prince. A Change took place, which threatens to upset the very balance of the world... You have felt it yourself haven't you?"

Prince nodded in silence. The Oracle continued:

08_zpsf30a354e.jpg

"The land of Historica is in perril, our aid is needed"

"Historica? But we severed all ties to them long ago, why should we care about them?"

07_zps5690cb78.jpg

"It is not only Historica that is at stake, my Prince... it's the whole World"...

Guild name: Arcanos

Guild Location: far south off the shores of Kaliphin

Flag: white and blue - representing magic and serenity; their tothem animal is The Great White Owl.

Ruler: Prince Verenex - leaders of Arcanos hold the heireditary title "prince" claiming connection to the bloodline of the High King of Historica

01_zps4a63d194.jpg

Capitol: The city of Manakruhm

White_Tower_by_SnowSkadi.jpg

Some of its people:

09_zpsefa3c238.jpg

The Arcane Guard - Elite warriors of Arcanos, carrying magical shields able to absorb the damage dealt upon them and convert it against their foes, they wield enchanted weapons as well.

The one in the middle is Captain Yvex, their leader.

11_zps5819e2a8.jpg

Magister Matrox, seneshal to the Prince.

06_zps1eb1f6e1.jpg

People of Arcanos, are mostly made out of humans, elves and half-elves, but there may be others in the Wilderness:

plavaplanina2_zpsf7121ddc.jpg

plavaplanina1_zps73f56d11.jpg

Arcanians are naturaly adept in magic, it comes easy to them as lawnmowing does to Avalonians. Apart from that, they are very crafty in the art of stealth, whether it be camouflage, disguise, or simply being unseen. This enables them to easily infiltrate the ranks of Historians if the need arises...

great, you are really getting the hang of stuff ;)

great job with new guild, my favorite part are colors ;)

Indeed a nice idea and I really like that you've tried to build the building on your reference picture! :thumbup:

I love the white blue and brown combination - it works surprisingly well. The story for this guild is great, and magic really hasn't been incorporated that much in the current guilds. I like the variety of figures, and you've done a good job with that tower! Good job!

Thx guys! :sweet:

I was going for something new, to look like it doesn't belong in any of the other guilds and I hope I succeded in that. The chamber is a little crammy, but afterall, there was a size limit.

Anyways, I'll build something bigger in this style and colour scheme as soon as I am able, with some new minifigs as well. :D

Hexx, this is superb. A brilliant entry story, and you have made a lovely representation of your reference theme given the size limit. The figures are nicely realised too. I think it's a very good idea to incorporate magic, given what we're up against!

Good luck in the contest

:classic:

When you posted the big picture in the Nocturnian topic, I really wondered how you would build something like that. But I have to say that you have done very very well! :classic:

Sweet entry Hexx, that's an interesting idea to build your vig on two bases like that - i'm guessing the area under the bridge doesn't count towards to stud limit? I really like your banner too, very creative. :thumbup: Your figs are nicely put together as well and i like the brick-built weaponry. (Although those exoforce heads always scare me a little! :laugh:)

Nice work, best of luck! :classic:

Yeah! Those exo-force guys are mean ;)

Concerning stud limit, it is 14x20 in the base and a little longer on the tower floor level, which, I believe is allowed. If not, you can count just the tower as my vignette ;)

Once more, thanks for the comments everyone! :)