D3K's MOCs

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#201 D3K

D3K

Member: 30082

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

View Postgevans12, on 10 November 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Sounds great D3k, I hope to use the truck as a base for a tipper or maybe use your hook lift mechanism instead to go with my remote control excavator... Would the chassis be capable of taking a side tip dump bed?

Lol, that is kinda creepy, as this is exactly what I have been pondering today, after dumping the hook lift (pun semi-intended).

The answer is yes, at least if using small LAs or possibly pneumatics to dump.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sleep, eat, build, repeat

My BrickSafe Folders              Swingloader 2 instructions            6x6 Truck Instructions

#202 gevans12

gevans12

Member: 31604

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostD3K, on 10 November 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

Lol, that is kinda creepy, as this is exactly what I have been pondering today, after dumping the hook lift (pun semi-intended).

The answer is yes, at least if using small LAs or possibly pneumatics to dump.

You're right it is creepy I had the same thought...and for what I need that is perfect...especially if you can get it to tip three ways like the beds on the unimogs... Also have you thought of using a hinge/push arm mechanism to give the bed further rise?

#203 ATS

ATS

Member: 35339

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

When will instruction of the hooklift mechanism be aviable?

#204 D3K

D3K

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

View PostATS, on 19 December 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

When will instruction of the hooklift mechanism be aviable?

I'm really sorry about the delay, but here is the LDD file at least, you should be easily able to recreate it from that, combined with the video

My BrickSafe Folders              Swingloader 2 instructions            6x6 Truck Instructions

#205 aminnich

aminnich

Member: 60976

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

I just saw ur hook lift/ dump truck.  Do u still have it built, I am looking for a mechanism that is motorized like that.  Do you still have it built?

This is what I'm talking about.  

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IjS-FOE1chg

Edited by aminnich, 29 December 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#206 D3K

D3K

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hi amminich!

Like I have mentioned earlier( possibly in another topic), the truck in the video turned out to have a little too much ground clearance to effectively utilize the hook lift mechanism.
Yes, I still have the actual bed and the actual truck built, vut not combined. If you look at the post just before yours (post #204) you will se I linked to an LDD file of the mechanism, that should let you create it for yourself :thumbup:

Edited by D3K, 29 December 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#207 aminnich

aminnich

Member: 60976

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Oh sorry I should have read, before I posted.  Thanks

#208 D3K

D3K

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

Going away for a couple of weeks, but I wanted to show you a small teaser of what I've been working on for the last couple of days:
Posted Image
Had to take a break from pneumatics :sweet:
Sorry about the grainy render, it is clickable for larger, much clearer resolution.

And there is some order to it all, as demonstrated in this render:
Posted Image
Again, clickable and much clearer in higher resolution.. not quite sure why the low res ones are so grainy.. :look:

Anyway, the model, as it stands today (yes, it is built physically to the same extent as the digital model), has eigth motorized functions from one L-motor, through various standard gearboxes. Before it's done, there will be at least four more! :classic:

#209 TinkerBrick

TinkerBrick

Member: 19741

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

An educated guess - I say tow truck.

#210 D3K

D3K

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostTinkerBrick, on 16 June 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

An educated guess - I say tow truck.

Well you must be very well educated then! :laugh:

Yes of course! I am building a redesign of my older tow truck, completely redesigned to be mechanical rather than pneumatic, but maintaining the same features (albeit, some have been slightly altered due to mechanical complexity and pros vs. cons for pneumatics vs. mechanics :classic:

I'll put it together to take a picture before I go to bed :classic:
EDIT:
I have taken a couple of photos, but I can't seem to get them in the proper size to show in the forum, so I refer you to the dedicated Bricksafe folder

The working functions in the chassis so far are:
-V8 driven from the third axle
-Proportional steering with Ackerman geometry on axles 1, 2 and 3 4
Powered functions:
-Front stabilizers/outriggers
-Mid stabilizers/outriggers
-Rear stabilizers/outriggers
-Winch in the front
-Lifting cabin
-Lifting wheel lift (not sure the terminology is correct? The thing in the back..)
-Extending wheel lift
-Deploying fork

For the rest of the functions, I will try to make a crane superstructure, similar to the one in the pneumatic model, that will feature:
-Full 360 degree rotation
-Lifting boom
-Extending boom
-Working winch

So the goal is a total of 12 elecrtic functions :thumbup:

I haven't made a MOC like this before (one motor, multiple gearboxes/functions), but it's coming on fast. I started this MOC three days ago :classic:

Edited by D3K, 22 August 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#211 legolijntje

legolijntje

Member: 11214

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

That looks amazing. A lot of gears 'n stuff (I love gears) into a relatively small package. :classic: :thumbup:
I always really like your mocs. I've already built the Swingloader and the truck (although both dismantled now, because I needed the parts) and this also looks really nice.

Might I ask the usual; any chance for instructions? :blush:

#212 Dafgek81

Dafgek81

Member: 13311

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Hello D3k,
Maybe a stupid question, but I am still going to ask it.
Is there a complete instructionfile and partslist for the truck, crane and sidetipper bed?
Like it a lot.
The church is not a museum for good people, it is a hospital for the broken.
And Jesus is the medicine

#213 steph77

steph77

Member: 27905

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Yep,
It makes me think to a Moc i've seen recently :sweet:

One thing to be attentive to is the fact all gerabox needs to work really smoothly when using a single motor. And you'll need to pass quikly to real pieces to valid that...
The frame structure is really important in such Mocs. You'll need a perfectly independant frame and as rigid as possible.
From my experience, one motor can drive until 6 gearboxes, more becomes really difficult due to friction...

i'll follow this thread...
Steph.

#214 D3K

D3K

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

View Postlegolijntje, on 17 June 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

That looks amazing. A lot of gears 'n stuff (I love gears) into a relatively small package. :classic: :thumbup:
I always really like your mocs. I've already built the Swingloader and the truck (although both dismantled now, because I needed the parts) and this also looks really nice.

Might I ask the usual; any chance for instructions? :blush:

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate the work! :classic:

I can't (as usual) guarantee instructions, but I can guarantee an accurate LDraw model! :thumbup:

View PostDafgek81, on 17 June 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hello D3k,
Maybe a stupid question, but I am still going to ask it.
Is there a complete instructionfile and partslist for the truck, crane and sidetipper bed?
Like it a lot.

There aren't stupid questions, only stupid people! :laugh: Just kidding of course. I haven't made the instructions for the side tipping bed unfortunately :blush: , but it really is a very simple design, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to replicate it from the pictures of it. The crane is pretty much an exact copy of the one from 8110 Unimog, with an added pneumatic circuit for the boom extending, and slightly modified outriggers to compensate for the height difference between the two models. There is also the operators cabin, but that doesn't provide any functionality.

Thanks, I am glad you like it! :thumbup:

View Poststeph77, on 17 June 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Yep,
It makes me think to a Moc i've seen recently :sweet:

One thing to be attentive to is the fact all gerabox needs to work really smoothly when using a single motor. And you'll need to pass quikly to real pieces to valid that...
The frame structure is really important in such Mocs. You'll need a perfectly independant frame and as rigid as possible.
From my experience, one motor can drive until 6 gearboxes, more becomes really difficult due to friction...

i'll follow this thread...

Haha, there are definitely some similarities between this and your truck. but obviously at different scales :classic: The extra size of this one allows for some more features and detailing, but at the same time depends heavily on the structural build, as it is turning out to be very heavy!

All the functions in the chassis are working as intended, it is built physically and tested up till this point. I built the front two axles first, along with the first four function gearbox and the functions it controls. Then I built the rear two axles with their functions and a second four function gearbox. Then I started to fine tune the two, making some small and some heavy modifications. Especially the mid outriggers were unnecessarily complicated before I saw that I had an (so far) unused output from the front gearbox, that alligned perfectly with where I needed it to go :blush:

For the superstructure, It needs to sit fairly low and at the same time be compact. I suspect that in order to have it low enough I will have to put two gearboxes inside of it, and only have a single vertical axle going through the turntable.. This will be the next challenge! :thumbup:

#215 D3K

D3K

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hello again!

Been a lovely summer, the few days that have had good weather, I have spent camping in misc mountains, and the bad-weather days have among other things been spent building and designing. Have made quite a few MOCs as of lately, most of which I have already shown (Swingloader IV, White Excavator, and the Midi-Scale Crane Truck), and there was even a very nice contest! :thumbup:

The last couple of nights I have been working more on my revised Recovery Truck, and am in the process of putting the finishing touches on it (cab interior, some exterior details, etc). Most importantly, I have successfully made the crane as I intended, and all the functions are working smoothly (to recap, it has now a total of twelve (12) motorized functions, all driven from one PF L-motor.

I'll show a couple of quick renders of the internals here, and hopefully the actual model will be finished over the weekend! :classic:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All pics clickable for higher resolution :thumbup:

#216 Rishab N

Rishab N

Member: 34923

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

This looks amazingly dense. Looking forward to seeing the final model

#217 Aleh

Aleh

Member: 38605

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

Made some design improvements to the cabin for my poimt of view:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

To the kitchen plz
Posted Image

Edited by Aleh, 13 September 2015 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users