Mister Phes

Minifigs from the LEGO Minifigure Series useful to the Pirate Theme - Series 24 - UPDATED November 2022

The LEGO Minifigure Series are proving to be a great source of new minifigs and accessories relevant to the LEGO Pirate theme.

Upcoming Release

71037 Rococo Artistocrat

The Rococo Aristocrat will be released as part of LEGO® Minifigures Series 24 will be available on LEGO.com from January 1, 2023.

Previous Releases

Here is a selection of minifigures deemed most useful to Pirates:

Series 10 (yet to be released - information tentative)

Sea Captain (particularly for seagull) Revolutionary Solider (missing legs) Native American
post-273-0-17210200-1358958864_thumb.jpg post-273-0-30776000-1358958862.jpg post-273-0-33886600-1358958863_thumb.jpg

Series 9 (late 2012)

Judge (nice wig!) Mermaid  
post-273-0-13636200-1358960037.jpg post-273-0-42519000-1358960042.jpg  

Series 8 (mid 2012)

Pirate Captain (finally a pirate!) Conquistador The Thespian
post-273-0-65739100-1358960625.jpg post-273-0-89354100-1358960624.jpg post-273-0-38183500-1358960626.jpg

Series 7 (early 2012)

Aztec Warrior Ocean King  
post-273-0-28874100-1358961226.jpg post-273-0-08108300-1358961227.jpg  

Series 5

Royal Guard    
post-273-0-48353700-1358962530.jpg    

Series 4

Muskateer    
post-273-0-15015500-1358961816.jpg    

Series 3

Hula Dancer    
post-273-0-87920600-1358962369.jpg    

How to suggest a Minifigure

Name a minifigure from the LEGO Minifigure Series you think would be useful to the LEGO Pirates theme and explain why.

If 5 other people vote for your minifigure by posting a comment it will be added to the first post of this thread.

For the vote to be valid the comment must state why the minifigure is a good choice and how it can be used in the pirate theme.

I finally picked up some of the new conquistadors in series 8. I know people are against the gold armor/morion, but I think it looks great.

My question is two-fold. Would the actor be a good addition to a Spanish army? Obviously I would take away the collar ruff and add a morion instead of the long hair. My next question is, did the Spanish use epaulettes? The pearl gold looks awesome on the dark green torso with the pearl gold morion. I'm not super authentic/realistic when it comes to LEGO, but I am curious as to how realistic that may or may not have been.

If any better scholars know, thanks in advance!

My question is two-fold. Would the actor be a good addition to a Spanish army?

If he was given a morion and cuirass (body armour) I'd say YES!

I'll have to get one now and experiment.

Actor's ruff is suitable for using with body armor, though it does not fit 'legally':

7842844836_8532ce4277_z.jpg

(The picture is frome one of my Russian reviews of S8)

Well thank you for the responses so far. I think he could look really Spanish, personally, but I'm not a proper historian. The actor does look good with the gold body armor and the gold morion. But he also looks really good with just a gold morion, or a gold morion and the gold epaulettes. So I don't know how accurate the epaulettes are, but I like how it looks. The pearl gold and the dark green work really well together.

But looking at that review, I really like the actor body with the black beard and bearskin hat. I may have to try that out too sometime.

I just love that dark green and pearl gold combo on that actor torso.

Epaulettes would be really inaccurate, historically speaking, as they were not brought into use until roughly the 1720's. That being said, we are dealing with LEGO, so I am more in favor of what looks good. If you are truly worried about historical justification, you can always claim it as a gorget.

I think you are fine the way you have it; in fact, I think with LEGO in the past decade or so really advancing their color scheme I think it is very fitting!

for my, both work very well with pirates, in fact, from all the CMF´s, the number 8 is the most helpful for pirates and of course, for the armada lovers

about the actor, the design of the minifig is one of the best I´ve seen on LEGO

removing the IMO from the minifig and voila!: you have bourgeois now!... by the way! thalking obout that IMO... I´ve to upgrade my avatar!

and that IMO is also useful to put some classy on the female minifigs, or recreate some historical character like Sir Francis Drake

so, in my humble opinion, shakespearean minifig fits perfectly in pirates, and for the pirate lovers, is one minifig that you must have

Huntleyfx is right with the apaulettes. Althought some of it's early forms were already used since the first part of the XVII century.

But I don't see a problem to actually include them. Lego has never been that accurate - napoleonic shakos in Pirates is a perfect example... and nobody complains :sweet:

BTW... That's a great diorama ACPin! :thumbup:

Upcoming minfigs from Series 10

Sea Captain (particularly for seagull) Revolutionary Solider (missing legs) Native American
LEGO-Minifigures-Series-10-Sea-Captain-Figure-e1355189194939.jpg LEGO-Minifigures-Series-10-Colonial-Judge-Figure-e1355189427123.jpg LEGO-Minifigures-Series-10-Native-American-Figure-e1355189365966.jpg

I ended up with so many pirates from series 8 I made a little musical trio to sit in the cabin in the Imperial flagship. I still have loads left over. Need more musical instruments!

So TLG did listen to us! :sweet:

That may never be confirmed, so lets assume it's a result of our diligence in researching the most popular animals then providing them with the data. :pir-classic:

That may never be confirmed, so lets assume it's a result of our diligence in researching the most popular animals then providing them with the data. :pir-classic:

In other words, yes :laugh:

Revolutionary Solider (missing legs)

I bet:

-white pants, with a black (or dark brown) boots pattern

:sweet: -minifig rifle or musket (bayonet could be great) or

:sadnew: -minifig bell

:angry: -independence act in a 2x2 tile and a feather

and I have to say, that The mysterious Fortune Teller could be very useful as a wench, also the jungle boy, from the CMF7

Edited by Brig. Brick

I bet:

-white pants, with a black (or dark brown) boots pattern

:sweet: -minifig rifle or musket (bayonet could be great) or

:sadnew: -minifig bell

:angry: -independence act in a 2x2 tile and a feather

and I have to say, that The mysterious Fortune Teller could be very useful as a wench, also the jungle boy, from the CMF7

He's got a normal brown musket.

He's got a normal brown musket.

hehe... said be the guy with this avatar... I have to believe you :laugh:

the legs, any clue?

I cant wait for the revolutionary soldier. I've been using joshamee gibbs hair for a colonial wig, but the wig on the soldier is perfect! Seems like he should come with a tricorn though ):