WesternOutlaw

Safari Adventure Vehicle

I just stumbled upon this set today thinking it was a MOC and discovered that it was a real set. Does anyone remember this set, 6672 Safari Off Road Vehicle?

dscf4341.jpg

Nice Brickshelf Gallery of the set: 6672

I remember it very well, actually. A monkey in a city set was quite unique. i think it's pretty good. if you find it, buy it... *sweet*

This set must attract non-townies, I've often considered hunting it down and I think it has been praised on lugnet by other castle heads...

God Bless,

Nathan

I remember seeing this set as a kid in the early 90s. I never had it as I was never that much into the City theme but I definately remember seeing it in the catalogue.

It reminds me of the jeep from Amazon Crossing, but white works better - esp. with the black zebra stripes.

I would have really liked for Lego to design a Safari theme with some animals we haven't seen before. (I don't want to say it, but Playmobil has one.)

6490-1.jpg

The zebra stripes bring a really nice touch to the 4x4. I don't have it, but remembered to see it in the old catalogs. It was nice to see a monkey in a town set, and would have been good to have more of this kind of sets, like TheBrickster said. Maybe one day...

The 6490, I don't have it too, but my brother has, and he will give me all his LEGO, yes! X-D

I have the set, and it's was really unique for me as it included a srpingmechanicsm in the wheels. Great set, loads of fun.

This set is part of my collection, I got it long, long ago when it was first released.

It is a nice little set, however whenever I searched for white doors in my pile of lego I always stumbled upon those safaridoors laying upside down..... :-|

I made a (sort of) upgraded version of this set some time ago, mixing it with 6490 features, here it is:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=117093

simonwillems, I really like your work, it's really nice. I especialy like the fact that there are a lot of accessories, which can be put in and on the car. Nice modern adventurer feeling!

Thank you Alex54! :'-)

As I left this car put together for a long time it was a unique chance for the canoe to get dusty on the bottom side for a change.... :-)

Hehe :-$ you found my BS gallery. This set is one of the attic-found-stuff from Sep 05. Apo and I are trying to complete all my old sets and rebuild them.... So in the future there will other older sets like:

and I have got the set 1592!

This set is not complete, too, but there are a few pics on my gallery ;-)

-Aredhel

Like the canoe attachment, very nice!

God Bless,

Nathan

Hehe :-$ you found my BS gallery. This set is one of the attic-found-stuff from Sep 05. Apo and I are trying to complete all my old sets and rebuild them.... So in the future there will other older sets like:

and I have got the set 1592!

This set is not complete, too, but there are a few pics on my gallery ;-)

-Aredhel

What a great collection of sets! I have a pretty good collection of Classic Lego, but not one of these sets. I did the same one year and built every one of my classic sets. The result was this:

classiccity2001.jpg

What a great collection of sets! I have a pretty good collection of Classic Lego, but not one of these sets. I did the same one year and built every one of my classic sets.

It

I do remember this, specifically the zebra striped doors. Never picked it up though.

Steve

Safari would make a nice theme. We could have vehicles, animals, a hut, etc. Would make for a good 5-6 set theme.

I think that would make a cool theme. I don't know if I'd buy any of it though.

I own this set too..and when I was a kid this was my favourite vehicle in my lego town.. The springs are a bit old now and they make this "squeky" noise when pushed down, it's even more fun now :-P I have a other vehicle wich have also the same spring mechanism..it's a tow truck.