Purchasing from Shop @ Home

3 replies to this topic

#1 Xyver

Xyver

• Ip Switch

Member: 22170

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

I ordered the Haunted House last week from Shop @ Home, I just couldn't wait to see if any store here in Australia will stock it, plus it would be months before it appears, the Town Hall isn't even out here yet.

I was resigned to the fact that I had to pay Aus RRP plus postage, so ordered a few sets to spread the shipping costs out a bit.

Now, the real issues is that I am being charged Aus RRP - which includes 6% VAT, not our 10% GST (aren't purchases normally VAT free when sold overseas?) and also being charged a foreign currency conversion fee from my credit card provider.

The receipt that I received also shows that Lego Systems A/S is an Australian Registered Business, registered for GST.

Now, these things don't add up. If i'm buying from an Australian business, in Australian dollars, shouldn't I be charged 10% GST and no currency conversion.
If I'm buying from the Lego head company, a company located in Denmark, then why am I paying Aus RRP prices which also includes VAT?

Before I send a letter of complaint off to Lego, I was just interested if anyone on here has an answer.

Lord of Fuchal    

#2 kermit

kermit

• 1+1+1=2

Member: 11816

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I believe that that it has nothing to do with lego but with your country`s own financial policies which sets prices for stores so you may want to look into that before sending out that letter.

#3 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

View PostXyver, on 11 September 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

Now, the real issues is that I am being charged Aus RRP - which includes 6% VAT, not our 10% GST (aren't purchases normally VAT free when sold overseas?) and also being charged a foreign currency conversion fee from my credit card provider.

The receipt that I received also shows that Lego Systems A/S is an Australian Registered Business, registered for GST.

Now, these things don't add up. If i'm buying from an Australian business, in Australian dollars, shouldn't I be charged 10% GST and no currency conversion.
If I'm buying from the Lego head company, a company located in Denmark, then why am I paying Aus RRP prices which also includes VAT?
That doesn't sound right, not if you bought from shop.lego.com/en-AU. My S@H purchases were charged in Australian dollars, the exact amount that shows up in the checkout: Aus RRP + the specified postage cost if applicable. Have you bought from S@H before? Contact customer services, that really is strange. There should be no currency conversion, let alone a fee.
Lego is not a dirty word

#4 Slobey

Slobey

• CC refugee

Member: 774

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostArtanis I, on 11 September 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

That doesn't sound right, not if you bought from shop.lego.com/en-AU. My S@H purchases were charged in Australian dollars, the exact amount that shows up in the checkout: Aus RRP + the specified postage cost if applicable. Have you bought from S@H before? Contact customer services, that really is strange. There should be no currency conversion, let alone a fee.

I had the same happen to me the other day when purchasing from shop at home

Prices are in Aus $ but I get charged an overseas transaction fee from my bank.....

Edited by Slobey, 01 November 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users