Post Republic Venator Class Cruiser

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Member: 24956

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

http://upload.bricks...667916.jpg4.gif[/img]

Before I begin, I realise that this is simply a quite boring MOD of a set that Lego released, but since I have no pieces to spare at the moment, and since Oky has said that it is technically ok though a bit lazy, here goes:

The Dark Side controls the galaxy! The evil sith lord Sidious has re-organised the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire, and has ordered all fleets in the galaxy to remove their markings, making the ships look monochrome.....

A front view of the ship (doesn't it look boring?):
Posted Image

A view from higher up at the front. Here you can see the imperial logo, only there to show it's technically not a Republic ship any more:
Posted Image

Yet another view showing a better look to the commnand section and wings:
Posted Image

And finally a look at the side (here you can see my bad workmanship in all it's glory):
Posted Image

And now I present my attempt at the interior (not very good due to a lack of parts and awkward camera for the day) for your hopeful viewing pleasure:

An overall view of the front section:
Posted Image

A closeup of 'Vader' and 'Palpatine':
Posted Image

A closer look at the 'trenches' that are about 4 studs deep:
Posted Image

And a look at the rear 'corridor':
Posted Image

I hope the interior doesn't look too shabby, but I am still quite short on parts.

Thats all folks! Hope you like it, and I hope that I'll be able to make a proper MOC soon.  :laugh:

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar, 19 September 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Lego:
Current favourite Minifigure: Imperial Officer (75055)
Current favourite set: Republic Gunship (75021)

Movies:
Currently playing the role of Lee, Security Guard, in Not Just a Murder Mystery
Award Winning Performances: Zachary Greenwood in Time Is Money, Earl in It Always Rains, But Sometimes its Sunny; Adam DeBlanc in Bullied 2; Mark Cowan in Key in the Door

#2 Cpt. Dan

Cpt. Dan

Member: 10350

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

I actually really like it. I haven't seen a version of this from the end of Ep. III. It looks great in all grey, and it comes from, what was in my opinion, a very emotional part  of the movie and entire saga. Something about seeing the complete destruction of the Republic was very heart wrenching (don't judge!) :cry_sad:
Youtube/Reviews and Customs

Flikr/Customs, Finds, and Pictures[/center]

#3 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostCpt. Dan, on 09 September 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I actually really like it. I haven't seen a version of this from the end of Ep. III. It looks great in all grey, and it comes from, what was in my opinion, a very emotional part  of the movie and entire saga. Something about seeing the complete destruction of the Republic was very heart wrenching (don't judge!) :cry_sad:
Thanks for your kind words! I agree with you about this part of the movie, it was extremely sad.  :cry_sad:
Lego:

Movies:
Award Winning Performances: Zachary Greenwood in Time Is Money, Earl in It Always Rains, But Sometimes its Sunny; Adam DeBlanc in Bullied 2; Mark Cowan in Key in the Door

#4 ISDAvenger

ISDAvenger

• Imperial shipbuilder defected to the Rebel Blog

Member: 17229

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Great rendition of the Venator during a very pivital point when the Republic turns into the Galatic Empire. I think this is the first one I have seen for this time period. As a Empire fan, I loved this part of the movie and really showed how the Empire started its rise to fame and power.

#5 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostISDIronClaw, on 09 September 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Great rendition of the Venator during a very pivital point when the Republic turns into the Galatic Empire. I think this is the first one I have seen for this time period. As a Empire fan, I loved this part of the movie and really showed how the Empire started its rise to fame and power.
Again, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that people see the resemblance between this and the actual ship.  :tongue:
Lego:

Movies:

#6 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Good work for one of the last scene of Episode III  :thumbup: :thumbup:  

I really like it a lot  :classic: :classic:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#7 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostWedge09, on 18 September 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Good work for one of the last scene of Episode III  :thumbup: :thumbup:  

I really like it a lot  :classic: :classic:
Thanks Wedge! I appreciate it!  :classic:
Lego:

Movies:

#8 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

That's actually a pretty cool mod. I like it! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen any recreation of the Imperial Venators before. And yes, that was a pretty powerful part of the movie. Has the interior been imperialized too? It would be great if you would change Palpatine's office into the Venator bridge so that you could recreate that scene of Vader and the Emperor observing the construction of the Death Star! :sweet:

#9 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostOky, on 18 September 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

That's actually a pretty cool mod. I like it! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen any recreation of the Imperial Venators before. And yes, that was a pretty powerful part of the movie. Has the interior been imperialized too? It would be great if you would change Palpatine's office into the Venator bridge so that you could recreate that scene of Vader and the Emperor observing the construction of the Death Star! :sweet:
While I have removed all of the stickers and red and added lots of grey, I haven't actually built anything inside, just stripped it of it's 'Republiclyness', plus I currently don't own Palpy or Vader. It does sound like a good way to improve this though!  Thanks for the suggestion!  :classic:

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar, 18 September 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Lego:

Movies:

#10 DarthPotato

DarthPotato

Member: 30062

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

I don't really think it's boring, I think it looks pretty cool.  :classic:  Seeing a venator stripped of it's dark red is definitely interesting and I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Anyway, it still looks cool so good job!

#11 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostDarthPotato, on 19 September 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

I don't really think it's boring, I think it looks pretty cool.  :classic:  Seeing a venator stripped of it's dark red is definitely interesting and I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Anyway, it still looks cool so good job!
Thanks for the kind comments, Darth! I said it looked because of it's monochrome colour scheme; something I disliked about the Imperial Star Destroyers.
Lego:

Movies:

#12 Bob De Quatre

Bob De Quatre

• Salmon Slapper

Member: 29683

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Nice MOC  :thumbup:

I need to find another idea for my entry  :sweet:

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#13 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostBob De Quatre, on 19 September 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Nice MOC  :thumbup:

I need to find another idea for my entry  :sweet:
Considering how talented you are at LDD, I don't think you'll have any problems finding something else to make!  :laugh:
Lego:

Movies:

#14 Bob De Quatre

Bob De Quatre

• Salmon Slapper

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostAdmiral-Ackbar, on 19 September 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Considering how talented you are at LDD, I don't think you'll have any problems finding something else to make!  :laugh:

Thanks, my last build is finally over, so I'll have some to think of a third idea  :wink:

Posted Image

#15 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

You've got a good start.  I agree with Oky, you should mod the interior too, even if you don't have the figures.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 Assassin, In Heroica RPG, On Quest #125
Flickr, Bricklink Store, Facebook

#16 Bricktooth

Bricktooth

Member: 29472

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

This is a great start, but as others had said, you should add an interior, and maybe some greebles, because I find the wings a bit plain.

As for a question for everybody, do you think LEGO will run out of ideas so much as to release this version of the ship as an actual set?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. - First Doctor
My Brickshelf gallery

#17 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostBricktooth, on 19 September 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

This is a great start, but as others had said, you should add an interior, and maybe some greebles, because I find the wings a bit plain.

As for a question for everybody, do you think LEGO will run out of ideas so much as to release this version of the ship as an actual set?
I can't do any greebling due to a lack of parts, and I don't think they would; maybe as a MINI but not any other way.

I have added an interior of sorts!  :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments so far!  :cry_happy:
Lego:

Movies:

#18 DFOL

DFOL

Member: 10119

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostCpt. Dan, on 09 September 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

I think this post by Cpt. Dan pretty much describes how i felt as well about the end of Episode III. It really is an intense moment in the story line when the last remnants of the Republic are destroyed and the Empire takes over completely. Great choice for an entry Admiral-Ackbar! :sweet:
Dutch Fan Of LEGO

#19 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostDFOL, on 19 September 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

I think this post by Cpt. Dan pretty much describes how i felt as well about the end of Episode III. It really is an intense moment in the story line when the last remnants of the Republic are destroyed and the Empire takes over completely. Great choice for an entry Admiral-Ackbar! :sweet:
Thanks again for your kind words. I think that we are all in agreement that this ship came from a very upsetting and emotional part of the Prequel Trilogy, The Great Jedi Purge I think it was called.
Lego:

Movies:

#20 Bob De Quatre

Bob De Quatre

• Salmon Slapper

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I too loved that scene... But I couldn't help wondering how many years are supposed to be between the last scene of episode 3 and the begining of episode 4? Because in what seems to be 20-25 years, the empire managed to get rid of all the cool ships that are in episode 3, including the venator class  :hmpf:

Posted Image

#21 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostBob De Quatre, on 20 September 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

I too loved that scene... But I couldn't help wondering how many years are supposed to be between the last scene of episode 3 and the begining of episode 4? Because in what seems to be 20-25 years, the empire managed to get rid of all the cool ships that are in episode 3, including the venator class  :hmpf:
I believe it was about 19 years between Episode 3 and 4. They should have kept the Venators for the benefit of the newly made Stormtroopers, they would have remained familiar to their ship throughout.
Lego:

Movies:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users