Ezvid Freeware Screen Recorder And Video Editor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Here's an option to show LDD software problems (and solutions) -- Ezvid Freeware Screen Recorder And Video Editor.  It works on any Windows platform.  Instead of just showing a static photograph of Lego Digital Designer (LDD) "clashes" and software problems, you can make a video of your LDD screen IN ACTION to better demonstrate the problem.  This YouTube video shows how it works -- the software is free to download and "spyware free and adware free":

For example, AFOLs like bbqqq could demonstrate LDD collisions like this in a YouTube video:

Posted Image

Here is an example of what could be done -- a YouTube video about the "LEGO Digital Designer 4.2 Bug Report" by Mikal7 (recommend clicking on this link and viewing it Full Screen to see the problems described below):

"BUG REPORT

PRODUCT:
LEGO Digital Designer 4.2

BUG NATURE:
Program Crash [after action initiation]

BUG REPLICATION:
Connect Technic Brick (i.e. Part# 6541) to Knobbed Brick 1x1 (i.e. part# 4733) end-to-end (i.e. not one on top/bottom, but side-to-side), fitting 'knob' from part# 4733 into Technic Brick. Then Multi-Select both bricks and attempt to move the group. This will cause a program crash.

OTHER NOTES:
- For the Technic Bricks 1x2 and 1x4, even with the 1x2 plate bricks with the middle knob, the program will not let you place the knobbed brick.

- I checked all over LEGO.com for a "Bug Report" link, or something similar, but could not find one. I hope this reaches the appropriate people, and that this issue will be resolved soon. Not having access to the combination of these two brick-types is a severe handicap to the LEGO enthusiast community that uses LEGO Digital Designer to create instructions to custom designs.

- Thanks for producing such a great product that is so intuitive and useful. I really appreciate all the work the people at LEGO and its affiliates put into each one of their products, and I hope that this bug report is able to aid them in their continued delivery of excellent customer service and quality products."

Edited by DLuders, 09 September 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#2 Alasdair Ryan

Alasdair Ryan

• Technic Hall of Fame Editor

Member: 8292

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

It also works with other Lego Cad tools too if you need to share any tips of if you are needing help with a project.

I made a quick video.
[url="]

Edited by Alasdair Ryan, 09 September 2012 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

Updated 02/08/12
Posted Image

#3 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

In case Mikal7 finds his way over to this Eurobricks topic, his problem with Lego Technic Bricks has already been reported (and acknowledged) as a known problem with LDD 4.2.5:  http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=65126 .  His YouTube video made it more clear than just words and pictures, however!

Posted Image

AndyC explained why LDD has a problem with it:  "Strictly speaking it's what TLG call "out of system" and is often referred to by AFOLs as an illegal building technique. There is a very slight height difference between the stud on the side of the brick and the hole in a Technic brick which means the top and bottom of the bricks are slightly out of line. The consequence of this is that using it in a model can place the bricks under undesirable levels of stress and potentially damage parts.

It's unfortunate that LDD crashes when you do this, but the correct behaviour* would actually be for LDD to prohibit this type of connection entirely, so "fixing" the bug probably isn't going to help you anyway.

*strictly speaking it can be a legal technique as long as nothing is connected above or below and it is only a single stud, but that's an extremely uncommon scenario anyway"

Edited by DLuders, 09 September 2012 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users