Master Builder Academy - availability outside USA?

9 replies to this topic

#1 grimbouk

grimbouk

Member: 31688

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

when LEGO launched the "Master Builder Academy" program, I seem to remember that they said they would look to making it available outside the USA if it was successful. Now that it's been out for a couple of years, I was wondering if there was any update? I'd be very interested if it was.

Is this something the ambassadors could find out about?

#2 Locutis

Locutis

Member: 14165

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

grimbouk, on 09 September 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hi,

when LEGO launched the "Master Builder Academy" program, I seem to remember that they said they would look to making it available outside the USA if it was successful. Now that it's been out for a couple of years, I was wondering if there was any update? I'd be very interested if it was.

Is this something the ambassadors could find out about?

I also would love to join MBA if it were available to Canada.

I wish TLG would expand this product line to outside the USA!

Locutis
Your Lego will be assimilated with mine.  Resistance is futile!

#3 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

Member: 14134

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

At least make some of the kits available at Brand stores. I'd love to get some of the current spooky ones they put out.

There was one local indy toy store that had some of Kit one at a ridiculous price. Not sure where he got it from.

#4 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

This was relayed to the Ambassadors June 1, 2011:

Hi all, please share this info with your community - it is unfortunatley US only but it is a test and if it will be positive in the US it will be hopefully rolled out to Europe too.

Thanks.

http://inr.synapticd...BuilderAcademy/

Jan
I will give it a push to see if there´s any updates.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#5 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Information from TLG from September 24 :cry_sad: :

No, unfortunately any news to this yet - so I doubt that this will come to Europe any time soon :-(

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#6 Toadtorrent

Toadtorrent

Member: 14192

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

To those who find this thread...the sets are in fact available at the Lego Stores in Canada now, but don't appear to be able to be shipped through Shop@Home.  As of today, Yorkdale in TO had all sets available, although the first 3 were sold out.  Adventure and Invention Designer are available for $99 each (vs. $79 in the US).

#7 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I wonder why they haven't expanded this lines reach? Could it be language or translation issues with the books?
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#8 ikba

ikba

Member: 76544

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I saw some of the MBA kits in a Lego Store near Toronto about a month ago, but the prices were ridiculously high.
Posted Image

#9 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

Faefrost, on 18 October 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I wonder why they haven't expanded this lines reach? Could it be language or translation issues with the books?
That is most likely the case. The MBA kits already have massive instruction booklets when just printed in English; having to print them in many languages, as they would likely have to do for European distribution, could be a nightmare. I do hope other countries get these sets eventually; they really are amazing!

#10 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Lyichir, on 21 October 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

That is most likely the case. The MBA kits already have massive instruction booklets when just printed in English; having to print them in many languages, as they would likely have to do for European distribution, could be a nightmare. I do hope other countries get these sets eventually; they really are amazing!

Still makes one wonder why it has taken so long for them to show up in Canada, and let's not forget the UK and Australia, who should be able to tolerate American English printings, even if we do spell some things weird.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users